Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blight Delta 139

Default Re: Blight Delta 139

Will the new NPC tavernkeeps show up in the web based consigner search?

I'm seeing odd results to testing on Blight so I thought I'd bring it up. I figured I could test myself on Blight so I made up a few food items. Around noon CST on May 1, I placed 2 of each food on Hebur the Aughendel normal consigner, then placed 3 of each on Borlak Alebrewer the new NPC tavernkeeper also in Aughendel. I know items don't show immediately on the consigner search, so I waited. I checked throughout the evening and neither the normally consigned food nor the tavernkeep consigned food showed up. It's now 24 hours after placing the items for sale. I logged in, double checked that nobody had bought the food from either NPC, yet still it's not showing up in the consigner search.

http://community.istaria.com/consign...ight&type=food

The blight server does have 155 other items showing on the consigner search, all with a normal range for days listed (just no food). Food type items show up normally for me when consigned on Order shard.

alright I finally transefered some of my toons to check on demon gear...

1 word....overboard

the stat increases on them vastly out weigh the blood weapons.

the bloodsword remains useable...barely meanwhile the bloodbow vastly outweighs the flurry (since ranged flurry and demon flurry do not stack)

The blood staff still dots the opponent and gives them 1000!!! power...is that intended.

Demon claw now adds120 str and 100 tooth and claw...way more than it did
    while the blood talon adds only 30 and 30 the area dot is nice but... looks skewed to me.

the demon axe adds 150 hp and 50 str

the maul adds 150 str and 100 energy? (only good for chaos warrior...?) why energy? too class specific if you ask me.

the spear has a chance to dispell at 1000 --- 3 removals (thats not overpowered in my opinion.

the weapons are so much better than valkors, there is little reason to use the old valkor gear...they should serve a differen purpose not be better...

as for the other sog weapons they look like crap next to their brethren.

The flurry, staff and demonogii need to be increased to catch up to the uberness of the other demon gear. as it stands the demonogii isnt worth using at all (it wasnt good before) the flurry does too little damage per hit and the ability doesnt process enough if the damage is to remain that low.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

noticed a mistake too late to edit, sorry

spear has +100 dex and str now also (id say over powered...but...its a spear)

I'd like to see the reklar gear, and the valkor gear balanced with the sog gear to see them all on the same playing field, just have different specific uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    The blood staff still dots the opponent and gives them 1000!!! power...is that intended.
    Yeah, I wondered about that myself. I think this weapon is backwards. It really should give +1000 power to the PLAYER, not the MOB, otherwise it isn't exactly a good weapon (it looks cool though). Needs to be fixed. Remember devs, and I can't stress this enough: on weapons "target" means "mob" (cause it really is confusing given that "target" can mean "player" in other situations).
    the maul adds 150 str and 100 energy? (only good for chaos warrior...?) why energy? too class specific if you ask me.
    I don't know if this is an accident or not. But I like class specific items. It helps differentiate between the classes in a game where everyone otherwise ends up with the same abilities (due to multiclassing) and the same equipment (due to crafting). As a for instance, that Berserker only jewelry set was cool. Sure a paladin can do about as much damage as a zerker if they are multiclassed far enough, but they can't use those cool set pieces, can they? I think this type of looted/crafted items could be a great way to give interesting abilities to one class. This way they'd have to choose which abilities they want. The cool jewelry set with the cool ability, or the cool jewelry set with +500 slash resistance/ward? Hard decision, and very mob dependent.
    The flurry, staff and demonogii need to be increased to catch up to the uberness of the other demon gear. as it stands the demonogii isnt worth using at all (it wasnt good before) the flurry does too little damage per hit and the ability doesnt process enough if the damage is to remain that low.
    Yeah... that's not unusual. Bows, Crossbows, Fist, and Spears all pretty much suck. All low delay low damage weapons suck (actually crossbows are low damage high delay, but still. They suck so I mentioned them). The game is just skewed toward high delay, high damage weapons, that's all. And it will continue to be skewed toward such weapons unless there is a major overhaul of the whole damage/defence system... which isn't going to happen, ever.

I'm likely going to be boo'd off the stage or accused of bieng biased on this one.

I openly admit i'm biased on this one.

I currently have a Boar's Hide Mask. (for the love of god, no PM's on selling or trading please) our guild also has one we let folks borrow. This attuning is going to ruin that. Also, if I want my gnome alt, or dryad alt, or(...you get the idea) to use my mask...I can't do that either.

I see the entire of attuning something as a bad idea. i really truly do. Much like no-drop items/no-sell items in EQ.

Attuning on equip fixes that...somewhat. however as Galem already stated...very few actually equip the mask when they use it.

So this leads to another problem, eventually if this idea is continued... the masks will attune another way. (well assuming the devs are trying to keep the spread of Boars around limited...I honestly dunno what the goal was.)
    [ can I get a clarification on why it now attunes?]

That being said...if such a change is made to keep boars attuning matttering more...please post it in patch notes so that people can get their mask back. (would suck if my buddy used mine, or had it in his vault or storage and BAM! it attuned to him)

Attuning gear pretty much makes it fade away. the Lasting Embers crystal.

On chaos we used it as a dragon gravestone... when one left they handed it to a dear friend to always be remembered. Can't do that now. Various weapons and jewelry is much like that now also.

If the intent is to make the items even more rare, well I spose it serves that purpose, but in a way its a double edged sword. Also further creates an elitist attitude.

So I am very much against attuning, or rares in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze
    That being said...if such a change is made to keep boars attuning matttering more...please post it in patch notes so that people can get their mask back. (would suck if my buddy used mine, or had it in his vault or storage and BAM! it attuned to him)
    I know of several players that have BHM on loans from inactive players. I think they would be extremely unhappy to come back and find that they are unable to get their masks back.

I also am aware that a couple guilds have "shared" masks, which could be problematic if someone is currently using it and it winds up attuned and actually belongs to someone else.

I too would like to know why BHM is being attuned out of the blue.

Re: Sog weapons.

1st of all. Personally I LOVE the boosts.

Sadly, if I look at it objectively, I do feel that the boosts are too high for what they are, which is a level 90/900 skill requirement.

That being said, their boosts should be in line with level 90 gear/crystals and not level 100.

The change to BHM is in the patch notes. It is being marked as attuned-on-equip because it is an epic-style item. And yes, we are aware of the current loophole regarding the ability to use it without equipping it.

If you have them out on loan, then you might want to consider getting them back.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Understood, thanks for the heads up.

BHM is an old quest item, as were the regal pieces, swarm tyrant shield, moss covered club, ceremonial shield and ceremonial chest scale.

Someone in some game way long ago figured that attuning items was a good way to encourage players to keep playing because they would have to continue to work to get attuned items and couldn't share them.

Personally, I have never liked that some things are attuned. I do like that the ceremonial items are not (currently) attuned.

Dont attune the Masks,it serves no useful purpose other than they cant be sold.There are only a few around and I enjoy being able to share one with my son and other Guildmates.Its harmless to trade them around and much enjoyment by many will be taken away by the attunment.Thanks for listening.

I too do not like the idea of attuning the BHM .. For pieces of equipment that I can obtain - such as the SoG, Rek and Valk gear - I'm fine with the idea. But, with the BHM, since it is unobtainable (even for 1 mithril apparently), I like the idea that they can be lent out.

I agree on the BHM, do not attune it. According to Amon's argument, every item that is not obtainable anymore (and epic) should be attuned. Those would include the old ED crystals, the Ceremonial scale/shield, the Blade of Rending, certain shoulder buddies and I could go on like this for a while. Is this what is going to happen?
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

If you start to attune old items I'm ok with it, but make them all attune on equip OR increase the item stack valut size, 300 is simply a joke at valut X.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

i like the idea of attuning the bhm.. even want to go as far that it should be attune on use as well (or equip-on-use wich seems only logic, and just keep it attune-on-equip)

but agree that all other old items, like regals and xtals should be attuned as well then, same goes for ceremonal scale and shield.

even if they are not obtainable anymore..

i am against attune on pickup, this would attune many not usefull items that would have to be deleted because the low vault stack, but if you want to use an item i think there is nothing wrong with attuning on equip (and equip on use as well)

nice would be to have new also powerfull rares that could create a new market, wich are hard to obtain but cannot be monopolized by a small group (this in any way implemented as the devs see fit and perhaps cost as little dev time as possible, but reaches this goal; perhaps 15(read many) parts and each part very very rare but dropping from normal mobs)

many parts would also increase the trade, since many people are bound to get doubles, and its always nice to help a friend out with his/her ''final part'' and see them very happy.

comming back to the bhm; as a matter of fact i dont like the bhm at all, it unbalances the game, making it crazy expensive and a must have if want to compete in the current system for epic mobs, and that is for an item that was so easy to obtain trough a repeatable quest long ago, just doesnt seem fair in any way.
    those that where repeat grinding the quest back then became millionairs.

im sure if people would look at it objectively wich is almost imposible, because there are havers and not-havers pretty much polarized, one would have to admit, if devs would implement such an item now (at the same low level and with the same crazy overpoweredness and with the same easy quest to obtain) people would massively post on the patch notes that it was too overpowered and not good for the game.

its the curse of istaria

i like the idea of attuning BHM it might bite that i cant lend mine out anymore but thats alright with me. as for other epics i think itd be a good idea to attune some and not all, such as the lower level semi epics i dont think should be attuned because they are only useful for a certain lvl where as the higher levels are used over and over again

New Trismus patrol mobs and Zombie warriors don't seem to have a coin reward. Might be helpful if they did
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Thread Information