Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 139

Default Re: Blight Delta 139

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    Quest: Valor and Vigilance I: Defend the Camp
    Pratt's 4th paragraph reads, "Pratt tells you, 'Ph %n5%, ..."

After speaking to Guard Barak the Bold the first time, there is not update in quest log to speak with him again for further instructions.
    Fixed both of these.

Baraks instructions say to kill the patrol on the road to the south. I found the patrol to be south, but up in the hills.
    Ah, yes, I see why that was unclear. Barak meant the "road" (as in path) up to the Deadlands, so in the hills. I'll talk to him and make sure he knows his directions need to be clearer.

Barak says to prepare to take the gates to the deadland. Quest is to Follow his orders. However, it was not readily apparent that there was also a new quest to kill 10 Raiders.
    I'm going to work on a better way for this whole thing to advance. I don't like the "sub quest" layout as I look at it from a player's point of view. It seemed like it would work great in theory... in practice it is just confusing.

Loved that the Skeletons were mixed in each other. Will take a group to defeat them in a timely manner, but possible to also pull individuals.
    Yes, this is meant to be a quest that is difficult to complete solo. Not impossible, mind you, but difficult. It is designed to be a more "epic" quest of the island. That's why so much of the dialog keeps stressing "get friends".

I couldn't find the 'Zombie Apprentices' if this is just the Zombie Warriors, the quest doesn't update for killing them.

Edit: Found the 'Zombie Apprentices'. They appear to be the level 11+ Zombie Warriors inside the gates (only the ones within the gated area). A name differentiation from the normal Warriors would be nice.
    This was a mistake on my part. I thought I had renamed these particular mobs to say Zombie Apprentice. It will be fixed in the next delta. They're meant to be way in close to where Urgat spawns so that players make their way in to his "hideout", so you really do have to move deep into the Deadlands to find them.

I never did find Urgat the Wicked before having to log out.
    Urgat was on a REALLY long respawn timer and I didn't realize that. He's been fixed now to respawn much faster, so should show up while people are working on removing his apprentices. He's further in from the first spawn of apprentices, in the inner most sanctum of the area, but there are other mobs which spawn around him (that are on a quicker respawn timer) so players should be kept busy in the area waiting for him to spawn.

*Note* If you are on this part of the quest and return to talk to Barak, he gives you generic, "If the local wildlife or even the undead give you trouble, I'll do my best to aid."

WONDERFUL job. I love that VI is expanding on the WA quests.
    Barak's issues should be solved with the rearrangement of the quest. And thank you.

I think the Dire Wolf Alpha may need to be rebalanced.

As a lvl 87 mob it could hardly hit me (lvl 100 ancient Dragon). Also my attacks against it were barely stratching it. Took me about 5 mins to kill it. Ironically the normal dire wolves were doing more damage than the Alpha.

[04/29/08 14:51:34] You hit Dire Wolf Alpha with Gold Rage VII for 55 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:51:34] Dire Wolf Alpha dodged your Gold Rage VII.
    [04/29/08 14:51:34] You hit Dire Wolf Alpha with Gold Rage VII for 50 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:53:00] You hit Dire Wolf Alpha with Ravage for 14 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:53:01] You hit Dire Wolf Alpha with Laceration IX for 123 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:53:02] You hit Dire Wolf Alpha with Silver Strike X for 34 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:53:02] You hit Dire Wolf Alpha with Silver Strike X for 17 slash damage.

where as this is for a normal dire wolf

[04/29/08 14:51:42] You hit Dire Wolf with Bite for 167 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:51:45] You hit Dire Wolf with Silver Strike X for 285 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:51:45] You hit Dire Wolf with Silver Strike X for 196 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:54:51] You hit Dire Wolf with Gold Rage VII for 685 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:54:51] You hit Dire Wolf with Gold Rage VII for 504 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:54:51] You hit Dire Wolf with Gold Rage VII for 742 slash damage.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Ooooh, portal in South Gate!! You are so wonderful *hugs the devs*.

Has the lack of xp on Granny Nuffles Festival Cookies been fixed yet? Would be nice to know before I make my next batch, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    well the 5 minutes I was on blight yesterday, someone linked the Tier 6 version of the original disk:

Adamantium-Travertine disk 13,500 capacity, Fly speed cap of 125 but a debuff of -50 fly level 100 required. Holds 1 item. sooo if you have velocity scales on, it will basically negate teched velocity scales and let you putter around at 75 (80 if you are ancient) with your disk.
    Haven't been able to find the form for the T6 disc, there aren't any master forms on that dragon in the lair near New Rachival. Also I checked Old Oaks to see if they were there any there but no. Doesn't appear to be a quest on Neilenoss either.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Charys Stormchild View Post
    Has the lack of xp on Granny Nuffles Festival Cookies been fixed yet? Would be nice to know before I make my next batch, lol
    I'm pretty sure I've seen it said somewhere that the "Festival Foods" (and any other "old system" foods) will not give experience under the new system.

I will, however, check the description on the formula to make sure that it's clear to players that these sorts of foods are considered trivial, and thus don't give experience for being made. Thanks for the reminder.

Just a note to anyone trying the Valor quest:

The very last portion of it, where you kill Urgat, is not working properly at all. I'm working now on fixing it internally, but these changes won't go out until another delta. So if you get to the "Kill Urgat" step in the quest, hold there and don't try to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Haven't been able to find the form for the T6 disc, there aren't any master forms on that dragon in the lair near New Rachival. Also I checked Old Oaks to see if they were there any there but no. Doesn't appear to be a quest on Neilenoss either.
    I think this is a case of one person having a T6 disk themselves, probably given Back In the Day by Illyst for testing purposes. (Note: I'm guessing here..)

There are no Master forms generally available for any of the cargo disks, nor are there any plans to make them available at this time. What happens on Blight, stays on Blight.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Correct, LO. Blight is more relaxed so for the regulars we (Illy did back in the day, I do now) tend to help them out a bit.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Can we get a clarification on that Velea about XP and older foods?

I still have some pottery and skewers left over, so making any of the old style recipies will gain no XP?

(looks at clay pots, looks over to the pawn broker, looks back at the clay pots)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Honestly, Justa, I don't know. The best answer I can give right now is to try making one and see.

Formulas aren't yet something I've learned all the "ins and outs" of working with. So to answer your question, I'd honestly just do what I advised you to do... make one that is.

My answer about the festival foods was going off something I was pretty sure I saw in another thread.

Festival Foods will give no XP. "Old" system foods like Skewers and stuff will continue to give XP. But, they aren't going to be adjusted to compensate for the loss of processing XP and their DP reduction times arne't going to be adjusted.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Okay I just checked on Blight, I thought the Jewelery socketing was meant to be put on head scales, but you can only put it on claws... Is that intended ?
    Last edited by Zexoin; April 29th, 2008 at 04:28 PM.

alright, I havent tested yet, my apologies.

But it sounds like this is needed:Jewelry sockets not messed up for bipeds.

Jewelry sockets in head scale.

Tool sockets not messed up for bipeds.

Tool sockets in claw.

Dire wolves need fixed again.

Chasing made a valid point. 5 minutes per wolf? Ruh Roh Raggy! Thats a bit much no?I think they were fine before, but, thats me... so I vote wolves need slightly less pwn power

As for epics. Consider doing something with the demonskin staff and demonogii to be in line with the other four?

Also, sounds like demon armor coming in? Any chance at fungus? these were rumors from a bit ago...and chaos has the demon skin quest thing for outfitters.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    Dire wolves need fixed again.

Chasing made a valid point. 5 minutes per wolf? Ruh Roh Raggy! Thats a bit much no?I think they were fine before, but, thats me... so I vote wolves need slightly less pwn power
    What needs to be fixed about the dire wolves?

Not the alphas, those are the higher level, rarer spawns. I will look at those again.

I haven't seen anything about the dire wolves themselves, though. I spent a good while on Blight today already at their spawn, as did some others, and did not or experience problems.

This is whats wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    I think the Dire Wolf Alpha may need to be rebalanced.

As a lvl 87 mob it could hardly hit me (lvl 100 ancient Dragon). Also my attacks against it were barely stratching it. Took me about 5 mins to kill it. Ironically the normal dire wolves were doing more damage than the Alpha.

[04/29/08 14:51:34] You hit Dire Wolf Alpha with Gold Rage VII for 55 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:51:34] Dire Wolf Alpha dodged your Gold Rage VII.
    [04/29/08 14:51:34] You hit Dire Wolf Alpha with Gold Rage VII for 50 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:53:01] You hit Dire Wolf Alpha with Laceration IX for 123 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:53:02] You hit Dire Wolf Alpha with Silver Strike X for 34 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:53:02] You hit Dire Wolf Alpha with Silver Strike X for 17 slash damage.

where as this is for a normal dire wolf

[04/29/08 14:51:42] You hit Dire Wolf with Bite for 167 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:51:45] You hit Dire Wolf with Silver Strike X for 285 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:51:45] You hit Dire Wolf with Silver Strike X for 196 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:54:51] You hit Dire Wolf with Gold Rage VII for 685 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:54:51] You hit Dire Wolf with Gold Rage VII for 504 slash damage.
    [04/29/08 14:54:51] You hit Dire Wolf with Gold Rage VII for 742 slash damage.

Dires should'nt do less damage than their alpha, at least in my opinion.

No level 87 mob should take 50 from a gold rage hit. None did before this. Thats one scary dog, when a dragon hits it for 50 with its best attack and 14 per smack with a ravage.

Its a bit much in my opinion and clearly chasing was trying to make a similar point.

The dire wolves themselves are technically not the issue I suppose.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

I'm afraid I am still not understanding.

1) I don't see the dire wolves DOING damage in either case. Taking damage, yes. But not doing it.

2) The Alpha wolves are the dominate ones in the pack, and thus higher level and have a greater challenge than the wolves. Consider them "mini-named", if you will. (There is a named.)

Just straight out comparing the combat with the alpha and the combat with a normal dire wolf, those numbers look right. Not saying that the alpha doesn't need to be looked at or that those particular numbers are right.. but as a concept, the alpha wolves will be harder to kill.

The amount of damage dealt to the Alpha wolf is far lower than the damage I can deal to a lvl 120 rating mob for example the diamond golem. I think the slash resistance/wards on that alpha wolf need to be lowered. Primal attacks dont seem to be affected as much
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

I wonder if the slash resistance on the alpha dire wolves is a fixed value or the result of an augmentation.

If it's a dispellable or temporary augmentation, that looks fine. Otherwise, based on the numbers posted, the resists can use some lowering. That looks like the kind of damage you'd expect to do to a beetle using Hardened Shell (which is an ability that lasts for about 25 seconds).

Thanks for the response on the Festival foods, I probably read it before and forgot

Is the Jewelery socketing supposed to go on dragon claws, or dragon head scales ?

Thread Information