Thread: Where do I start?

Default Where do I start?

I can't stand that people would rather send tickets on one another than handle it like calm adults in game.

Instead people run to the CS...akin to people running to a teacher, the police or mom. (these are all viable when the normal reasoning and logical discussion goes awry) seems a lot like a tattle tale rather than a good samaritan at that/this point.

people just skip to it.

People play lawyer ball, they speak legalese, theyare too worried about offending to talk like normal folks do.

I even find myself saving screenshots nad logs as a defense mechanism to ensure I can defend myself agaisnt bogus tickets and backstabbing etc.

Yet to send a ticket on harassment, but plenty do...for no reason. People report abuse of EULA etc. Why not worry about you? its getting to be an epidemic nad I don't like it.

I'm sure I'm not making any friends with this post but....its sickening to me.

I'm sure CS ha better things to do than keep Tom from picking on Betty's new bf... (thats just a silly example)

The latest threads are asking for player input, people would rather point fingers at each other. They don't give logical reasons for changing things.

people rather talk about how they have more posts, so they matter more or have a better idea how to play.

In suggestions people ignore gamae balance and just say dragons should be uber leet! (its gotten better in that department)

oh yeah...and I found this saying on LiveJournal...just changing LJ to HZ.

"Horizons, we know drama"

Feel free to vent on this thread. I'm seriously seeing the forums as I used to... a place people would rather whine than resolve things.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Default Re: Where do I start?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    Feel free to vent on this thread. I'm seriously seeing the forums as I used to... a place people would rather whine than resolve things.

I agree, but this is exactly what you're doing with this post.

To be honest, I think you make the drama yourself.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I don't know the context of this post as I don't know the OP anyway but I must comment on one thing.

CS exists to take care of problems in the game. That means player to player problems as warranted by the EULA. That includes and is not limited to someone using foul language in public chats, harassment, inappropriate character names and so on.

Again, I don't know the context as this post is so vague, but talking about running to police/teacher/mom makes me think that someone contacted CS due to the OP's actions and they were reprimanded.

Authority figures exist for a reason. Confrontation by two equal in power entities (Player and player for example) never resolve anything. The aggressor will simply get more aggressive and abrasive and the victim will have renewed problems.

By involving the authorities the matter is dealt with finality. For example, the police will arrest the criminal or separate the offenders if there is no crime. The teacher will give out detentions as needed. Mom will contact parents of the bully or give out life lessons.

Authorities exist for a reason and "Don't be a tattle tale" is garbage. If there is a reason to involve authorities, it is a persons right to do so.

*poke poke* he is using about 1000 words to complain about... well you know... (gives up)

Marshmallows and smores over a roaring fire, the tents pitched for a warm night under a starry sky. The girl scouts sing songs and tell stories about the scary dragon that exists beyond the walls that are visible on the horizon as the moon rises above them.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

actually I've yet to be reprimanded for any behavior. Good or otherwise. I simply liked the game better in the days of old when people were less apt to beg for help or try to get folks in trouble. They'd simply put people on ignore or stop caring about what so and so was doing.

Rants by definition are all about whining, at least it belongs here.

I wish I were so skilled at creating drama takora, I really do, id write a soap opera, make millions and help fund hte things I love. I really would. Sad thing is, I'm not. I'm a bit apathetic about most things. But recently, I heard a hatchlind killed a radiant wisp, and someone was trying to get htem banned for it.

Sure I don't know the details, butit did'nt sound like this person had older alts who knew better...that broke this camels back.

Then talk of people killing wisps needto be permabanned....it baffles me.

Baffles me how, people can simply get so upset over somethign so minor. So i felt the need to put my exaspertaion to text and see if anyone adgreed. Apperently everyone would rather go to authorities than argue, or put someone on ignore, or agree to disagree, or even (god forbid) be rude back once or twice in response. ( I dont expect people to get in chat wars, but I honesly thin kthe game has gone too far towards the happy go lucky/no one disagrees or is mean side of things.)

Its too much. Way too much. No one has to agree, thats the great thing about a rant, but I'm sure a few people have read this and found themselves agreeing at least to a small extent.

Maybe not, but ranting made me feel better, thats all I had to do. if I horribly offended any frequent ticketers, I spose we wont get along in the future...thats what ignore is for. *shrugs*

Peace out
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i am not sure, really and totally, about what is going on, all i ask is please - do not bring live drama to blight! we prefer the quiet, sedate life, and we settle our disputes amongst ourselves.
    anyone bringing drama is most likely to be banned (from chat room, not game or even shard) and ignored by blighties.
    its a game peeps. a great game that everyone should be able to play and enjoy.
    as for hunting - read the EULA. acceptable behavior is outlined there. if a level 10 can kill a radiant wisp without violation of the rules, i don't see the problem. don't be pissy just because you can't or couldn't.

justa, you and your campfire are welcome! the crown will impose a camping tax of 10 double chocolate smores, tho......
    Last edited by velveeta; May 2nd, 2008 at 10:00 PM.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

*brings a yummy batch of klava to share at justa's campfire*

I'm with Kumu, with one addendum...

Involving authority figures in petty affairs in RL can get you in just as much trouble as you expected the person you reported to get into. The police don't like to be called for your neighbors cat scratching at the back door. They will usually shrug it off once, but if you do it again, expect a citation.

Back before the merge, there was some idiot on Dawn who delighted in killing entire fields of wisps, especially while people were trying to gather essence there. He'd go from field to field to kill every last one to make them respawn faster so he could kill them faster. We asked him repeatedly to stop at least while people were present harvesting, but he replied "STFU, I can kill what I want!". I don't know if someone put in a harassment complaint against him, but I can tell you I was sorely tempted to.

In times where you've done everything you can as a player to get someone to stop being an abusive, harassing, exploting ******, it is time to get someone else to make him stop.

Sometimes, there can be no doubt that a /report is the right thing to do, and immediately. Serious violations of the rules need to be addressed as soon as possible.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Hahah..removed is on the word censor filter. I love this place!

Moderator's note: If a word is in the word filter, it is there for a reason. Using extra characters to spell it out anyway is a violation of forum rules.
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; May 3rd, 2008 at 10:41 AM.

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Wow, It is hard to believe people would get upset over the death of a wisp. Especially if no one is harvesting it. If I kill a Radiant Wisp in the woods and no one is there to see it.......does it still scream? A theory I will have to test.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Yes, but if someone WAS harvesting it, and the person killing it kept going around killing all of the ones that respawned again and again, even after asked several times to stop, I wouldn't blame people for reporting it. That's bordering on harassment.

God, I remember that incident and all the fuss it caused.... Can't remember the dragon's name either, and no one wanted him/her in a guild because of the negative publicity.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I can definately understand reporting someone who's going around killing wisp for the heck of it while others are trying to harvest. Its the same as if some lvl 100 were going around slaying everything on NT, and not letting any of the newbies get the kills they need. Just "because they can", doesnt mean they should.

I love to hunt and mass kill groups of lower level things just for fun, though I always stay aware of my surroundings and abandon my entertainment if someone happens to actually 'need' what it is that I am killing. I can see why the senseless wisp killings and such have been reported, and remembered. *chants* Save the wisps!

Anyway... Some things are beyond the players ability to resolve, and such things should ALWAYS be reported. The idea that because you are an adult and you think you can handle the situation just by 'ignoring it' is wrong. If you ignore the incident, yes, you may be over it, but it will end up happening again to someone else where it didn't need to, and wouldn't have, had it been reported when it first started.

Also, keep in mind some issues may only be made worse by ignoring them or trying to solve them on your own. After the issue is made worse and torn and twisted and blended with the issues others have created by their attempts to resolve it, it becomes an even bigger problem for the 'authorities' to resolve because instead of one side and one problem, they now have many sides and many more player caused problems. "He did this to us, so I did this to him, and now they did this to me, so now I did this to them..."

Alrighty, I rambled a bit there. hehe
    Last edited by Amecha; May 3rd, 2008 at 11:17 PM.
    Noelani of Blight -100 DRA / 100 DRC / 40 DLS / 40M Hoard
    Amryth of Blight - 58 DRA / 35 DRC
    Amecha the Neglected of Blight and Order - ?/?/?/?

If you think the drama here is bad, try Virtue server on City of Heroes/Villains. HZ is a peace-loving land of rainbows and happiness by comparison, however empty it may be.

The guild (over there, we call them Supergroups or Villaingroups) I'm in right now is dramaing and being drama'd by a couple other entire supergroups, and a couple of the fights have lasted almost a year now. It's quite annoying.

HZ really isn't all that drama-ful, IME.
    Last edited by Malaquion; May 6th, 2008 at 12:46 AM.

I agree, I've seen the least drama on Horizons as compared to other games. (Ragnarok Online, WoW, anyone?) That doesn't make it any easier to deal with though, but sometimes reports are necessary, as you can't get a person to calm with words, and it is best to let a moderator sort it out. That's their job, after all. =)

Thread Information