Thread: AE must really hate us confectioners

Sipping The HolyBrew

Default AE must really hate us confectioners

you know i took up confection because i thought "gee what a valuable trade skill to have for a guild...someone that can make food for those ravenous hunting partys with many DPs when they get back" oh sure its great you can get through 1-40 fairly easy a little bit of a workout with having to run 70 miles with earthenware clay to the nearest town but still. then i got into the journeyman level thought this is fun i am finally making SOMETHING someone wants. just a few more levels just a few more levels just a few more?????where are my pickled foods my pies my steaks where the heck are they i asked confectioners and traveld to EVERY confec trainer and everything guess what i found out THEY ARE NOT IN GAME YET 26 forms for the UPPER SECTION JOURNEYMAN levels are not in game yet??? and they just a few weeks ago did this EMERGENCY PATCH to add in all these forms for the EXPERT LEVEL heck we not only dont have food forms that are nessary for JOURNEYMAN level LOL they didnt even BOTHER to put in food forms for the expert level. just pots and such it makes for a WOUNDERFULL decoration sitting in the vault the 2k pietins i made up as i was getting ready to make JOURNEYMAN PIES that hmmmm oh yeah dont exist.

so i make the best of things and move on at an extreme resource consumption i started the T4 foods well i also happen to have a few DPs so i make some soups and then try to eat a few to reduce the DPs and guess what i get another SLAP to the face by AE. not only can we NOT make the various foods but the ones that we can make have a reuse timer restriction of 10 min. if you consume another one within that time it only takes off 1 second?????????

now explain this to mewe have 26 miswsing upper journeyman forms all expert food forms are missing and there is a timer on the food use that is ABSURD let me see here if i can calculate that and the mess over they did on confections for mathmatical purposes...1 3min reduction soup +10 min reuse timer =13 min. that means for every HOUR of a deathpoint you are able to consume 6 food to remove a total of 18,24,30,36 mins at most from your DP. lets see 8 hours per DP is a total of 34 times you can consume food to reduce time on your DP which means that really food is about WORTHLESS except for the ambrosia.

now that i have vented left and right here and calmed down how about i ask kindly...can you guys PLEASE PUT IN THE MISSING FOOD FORMS FOR THE CONFECTIONER???? and also can you either reduce or eliminate the 10 min reuse timer thats about pointless.

Default Re: AE must really hate us confectioners

May be i am wrong but your "math" looks strange to me.

The missing forms are needed but ithing the10 minute timer is ok here.
    You can eat every JM-food wait 10 minutes and do it again .. it is a death-penalty no klick and go .. thats what ambrosia is for right ?

And how many JM-food-formulas you have atm ? 6 ? and every formula does shorten the DP by 3 minutes ?
    This would be 6 * 6 *3 = 108 minutes with only 6 formulas in 60 minutes.
    (6 forms * 6 times (60 minutes/10 min reuse timer) * 3 minutes per different food)
    This would shorten your DP-time by 168 (60 normal +108 food)minutes in 1 hour and is near as 3 times as fast as without them.
    Looks not too bad for me and i know enough ppl using the food.

Or did i miss something ?

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Sipping The HolyBrew

okie so you can eat every different type of food Jman in the 10 min lets see here i will list all the foods and the timers if i can remember them all
    "*" denote ones refued to make because the meats are too hard to gather way to slow for the number needed

creamy carrot soup 3 min
    creamy potato soup 3 min
    creamy grouk soup 3 min
    creamy trout soup 3 min
    creamy venison soup 3 min
    creamy beef soup 3 min
    *creamy chicken soup 3 min
    creamy mutton soup 3 min
    _____
    24 min total

glazed beef & carrot kabob 4 min
    glazed trout & carrotkabob 4 min
    glazed venison & carrot kabob 4 min
    glazed mutton & carrot kabob 4 min
    glazed grouk & carrot kabob4 min
    *glazed chicken & carrotkabob 4 min
    ______
    24 min total

sweet beef jerky5 min
    sweettrout jerky 5 min
    sweet grouk jerky 5 min
    sweet venison jerky 5 min
    sweet mutton jerky 5 min
    *sweet chicken jerky5 min
    _____
    30 min total

glazed roast beef 6 min
    glazed roast grouk 6 min
    glazed roast venison 6 min
    glazed roast mutton 6 min
    glazed roast trout 6 min
    *glazed roast trout 6 min
    _____
    36 min total

now 24 +24+30 +36= 114 min per 10 min timer set IF you can get the timed right you can repeat if not you mess up consume a food and only gain 1 second jump on DP

now 114 min=almost 2 hours (yes i know 6 min shy of 2 hours) per 10 min period providing you once again TIME it right thats not bad sounding BUT here is something else to add to the mix for you

6X pickled at5 min =30 min +6X steakat3 min =18 min + 6X pies at 6 min +36 min + 6X stews at 4 min = 24 min
    total 108 min
    114 + 108 = 222 min /60= 3 hours 42 min PER 10 min timer set

so almost 2 of everything together would rid1 DP almost totally in 20 minthis is what i am getting at once again IF you time it right

besides that the missing forms are also the ones that (generally) have the highest skill requirement to max at henceno more of this having to make 125k kabobs to get 1 level (exageration i know) it takes tons of time to collect the materials to do that many kabobsplus who wants to have to get 20 of each item versus 2 of each item (with the added forms) plus what the heck are we going to do with GEOSTONE and PORCELINE i know its a NICE looking resource but what the heck are we going to do with it

also here is a bit o math for ya 2 food X all that food at my normal charge would be right around 3s OR you can buyan ambrosia 7 to do the same thing from me for oh 50s (since the essence of blight is very rare since there is almost no blighted materials in the game STILL)

which would you rather spend the 3s to do the same thing as 50s

this is just SOME of the problems i am seeing with confection i have been told by many of the lvl 100 confectioners that the OTHERforms have been missing since beta andthat they have been told by AE that its on their list of TOP 10 PRIORITY to get done yet they go back and add eye candy to plots or have the time to correct a spelling error on a quest or mob where the heck is our forms!!!!!!!

tinkerers and almost every other craft skill does not have this problem and they are making money by the BUTT LOAD meanwhile i spend hours everyday collecting clay to squeek out a bit more xp and hope with each passing patch day that these forms will be added in

Sipping The HolyBrew

sorry forgot to add this in as well

here is another tid bit of information for ya as well

since the merger there is at any given time a max of 9 cows and 12 chickens in the game only at sslanis to supply the entire number of confectioners in the game with eggs and milk that are required in EVERY T4 food item

not to mention only9 sheep in the game found around tazoon and the chickens only give approx 8 to 12 meat per chicken the cows only 20 to 25 beef

if you go killing cows and chickens for the meat your going to tick off every other confec thats there trying to gather milk and eggs if you dont however you cant make many of the food and that seriously hurts the amount of time reduction a confectioner can offer a player

i am simply saying please start giveing the confections what they NEED not just want.

After reading this whole thread, it seems as though Confectioners do have it rough. But what can you do?

The whole 'plot prettying' statement is fair. But ask yourself this: How many people own plots compared to the amount of Confectioners? Sure, it *may* be in the top 10 priorities of AE, but you have my vote AE that plot adjustments are a higher priority then Confectioner needs. I'm sorry, I do feel as if some things are uneven, but if you're firstborn stubbed his toe and your wife justlost a leg, who would you take to the hospital first? (A bit out of reasoning, but I had to think up something)

FYI: You can hotkey almost anything, even food. So, timing the food is all too easy. Editing the hotkey (allows you to add more then one action to the hotkey) and having the right foods in inventory makes a whole process into a click of a button. So, when an adv'er is running back out to the enemies that he just died from, all he has to do is click on the edited hotkey and he starts eating!
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

the 10 minute timers for food is PERFECTLY fair, as with all the food you can take off nearly an hour atleast for most levels, and still a good amount for other levels, if you eat all the type of food for your level.

i feel like in this game, its a place people go to where they can be pleased no where else, and thats what all the drama is.

granted, missing forms should be in the game, along with the missing lairs and many other things.

Thread Information