Thread: New food: CATNIP!

Talking New food: CATNIP!

A must have for all those saris out there. I picture catnip being more for role playing then a buff/effect type of food. Pretty much what I am thinking is you eat catnip (Saris primarily BTW) and you try to move forward you may use your saris sprint randomly (depending on effects of Catnip) and go forward, or you may just start running in circles, or jumping around. Kind of think of a cat with catnip is really like. Bouncing off the walls like crazy. Well that is my suggestion. Add catnip to the game, with short duration random crazy effects.
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

Default Re: New food: CATNIP!

Haha or you start using random abilities

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Sign me up! I will take 10 bushels.

I would love the effects the "Knuts whiskey" has, only different ones based off of what catnip would affect stats wise.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Talking Re: New food: CATNIP!

I want dragon-nip:Both the fireweed and jimson weed are best harvested just before the dry part of the year, when they have attained maximum growth but the essential resins have not yet been damaged by arid conditions. Hang the entire plant(s) up by the roots in a warm, dry area; the ceiling just above a scale forge is ideal. When thoroughly dried to a brittle state, crush the plants up into small bits, mix in the recommended ratio, and store in a tightly-sealed container.

Usage is typically by placing a pinch of the mix into a flame-resistant bowl, igniting the compound with your breath, and inhaling the smoke. Powdered sulfur may be added to taste. Hint: For an additional kick, add one or two Psilocybe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin_mushrooms) before imbibing.

WARNING: The above concoction has been known to have wildly varying effects among different dragons, ranging all the way from euphoria to Berserker-class rages. Usage therefore is NOT RECOMMENDED anywhere other than locations where extreme collateral damage will not be an issue, such as the Eastern Deadlands or the Vielo encampment.

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Hmm, is it worth scraping Vielo jelly from between my talons?

...Yes! Two bowls and a side of gnomes, please.

2 thumbs up.

Catnip would be hillarious if what it did was set you to sprint automatically whenever you could, and made your randomly run in a circle or jump while running/walking/standing. XD;

gets my vote too

mind you I have a cat who when given catnip, just curls up and falls asleep... and another who "sproings" around the room on tippytoes attacking anything that moves, including the sleeping cat's tail...
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Imayo has cats. One of them lazes back and wants Doritos. Another does Kitty 500 laps around the dining room table. One gets all lubby dubby (mind you, she's anitsocial otherwise).
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Hasai View Post
    I want dragon-nip:
    Yeah, um... yikes. XD

I think dragons would need a rather large dosage before they'd experience any real effects. But it'd be funny to see what kind of effects that'd have.

Proof that I'm a nerd: I actually read all those wikipedia links and found them interesting.

I swear... Catnip is only for ... SARIS...

Now it's "I want a version for dragons" *sighs*

what could it hurt to have a fun thing for just ONE race (*AHEM* like dragons) other than dragons.

and it would make roleplaying much more fun.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

Oh ppppppppttttttttttt! There's already two things in game that only furry/scally races can use. The draconic celebration cake and chocolate covered mice. My biped alt is so jealous that she can't use any of those cakes she makes. Shunasazzi wants to be shinny too.

I would love to be able to use the draconic celebration cake too. What does not make sense to me is to allow 2 biped races to use it but not all... and not having complementary items that the races that cannot use the cake can use instead that dragons (and saris and sslik) cannot.

AWDZ we will get them to put edible underpants in the game so the gnomes can steal them from the dressers.

Steal edible Underpants --> ??? ---> Make Profit.

What's up with the ??? step in there, Justa? There seems to be a vital element missing from your plan.

Dont you get it?

Its:

Steal edible Underpants --> ??? ---> Make Profit.
    Simple eh?

(my god i love southpark =D)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

here's an idea i was mulling over, since dp's last so long that penalties can accrue fairly severely...

have a tiered food that reduces the penalty severity and/or duration, possibly even just for specific stats.
    my brain settled on ice cream as a plausible option for this, because you can add multiple ingredients to the base and mix & match for different combinations of effects.

cream + sugar as the base, adding 1 flavor per tier to a serving. possible adds & effects:
    vanilla - decrease length of penalty by 2% per tier
    chocolate - decrease/remove penalty on speed/velocity
    berries (straw/blue/black/rasp) - decrease/remove penalty on str/dex/pow/foc
    mint - decrease/remove penalty on... umm... is armor use affected too?

well, you get the general idea anyway; i'm sure there are lots of other things that could included in this. note that this would in no way decrease the number of death points, just reduce the immediate penalty effect while in the battle field.

just a thought, and i like the idea of having ice cream in game :-)
    Last edited by awdz; June 1st, 2008 at 03:25 AM.

What about crafts? Every crafting skill is effected by the penalty. And adventuring stats, I think. Primal and TaC for dragons. A heckuvalot more for Bipeds. That's a lot of flavors. XD

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    my brain settled on ice cream as a plausible option for this, because you can add multiple ingredients to the base and mix & match for different combinations of effects.
    Spiked icecream! o.O

Thread Information