Thread: Progress bar size

Default Progress bar size

Since I switched to an higher resolution, the blue progress bar that appears when casting spells appears so small I can barely see it.

Is there a way to make it wider and taller? I tried drag and dropping the corners but with no success.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Default Re: Progress bar size

I had the same problem when I went to a widescreen monitor.

I haven't found any way to change the size - just move it around

I think a couple of patches ago they changed it so that you could not resize it anymore. I don't know why.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Yeah. I never tried to resize it, but I used the resize cursor to locate it while it was invisible and move it to where I wanted it. Now whenever I start a new character and set up my interface I have to start recalling to make it visible, move it, and quickly cancel the recall.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

That probably has something to do with players accidently resizing the invisible window, covering most of their screen, and becoming unable to select things by clicking on them.

You can edit the UITimeWindow.def file and make the window bigger or set the Sizeable attribute to true, to enable the old behavior. You can also make the bar thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    You can edit the UITimeWindow.def file and make the window bigger or set the Sizeable attribute to true, to enable the old behavior. You can also make the bar thicker.
    Thank you.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

maybe for new players they could move it to like the center screen or somewhere where its visible?

Yeah it took me a bit to realize there was a casting bar since it was buried under the chat interface.

Quote Originally Posted by tygan View Post
    Yeah it took me a bit to realize there was a casting bar since it was buried under the chat interface.
    I didn't even know there was one, period.. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hrough View Post
    I didn't even know there was one, period.. XD
    oooo.... You need that! It's also your breath bar for when you go underwater!

Yeah, wierd that it's hidden behind the main chat box...

At default, it's not. Well, maybe it is on low resolutions. Anyway, it's just above the chat box, which is something many people (myself included) would be inclined to resize vertically, covering the casting bar before they even have a chance to notice it.

You need that! It's also your breath bar for when you go underwater!
    I also discovered it's my breath bar for when I go in my lair .

Building a lair grand hall: 1,000,000 pieces.

Drowning in the process: priceless.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Heh, I always forget the casting bar when I resize my chat window(s) and then wonder, where on earth it is

And Vahrokh, that probably is some devious WA plan, they must have pumped all the air out of your lair...?

Thread Information