Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the best Weapon Crystal?

Default Re: Whats the best Weapon Crystal?

Please note:

Dim crystal isnt good against nature resistant/immune mobs.
    It doesnt stack with a Misty Crystal of any sort.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

and whats this in real numbers? on a t5 weapon?

so you would use a VDGWC
    a misty
    and the fang dragon crystal in a claw?

For T5, if you are level 100, I'd get a +65 Str crystal used instead of, or in conjunction with, the VDGWC.

When leveling a new school, I'm using:
    T1 - T2 : DCoM
    T3 - T4 : DCoM + Hunter's Retribution
    T5 : DCoM + Hunter's Retribution + VDGWC

For my main school, I'm using DCoM + Flaming Weapon tech + Dark Ruby Weapon Crystal (+65 Str).

Hunter's Retribution is better than Withered Bane for a weapon.
    Withered Bane will give you a damage increase 65% of the time when fighting undead.
    Hunter's Retribution will give you a separate line of damage (calculation Str bonus a second time) 65% of the time against anymob.

The only time Withered Bane is going to do better than Hunter's Retribution is when fighting against a Nature immune undead.

Also,

Weapon Stat crystal of different stats will stack. Weapon Stat crystals of the same will not. (Standard stuff).

Weapon Damage crystals will not stack.
    Dim Crystal of Might, X of Might, X of Magic, DoT crystals, old WD crystals will not stack with each other.

Veteran Dark Garnet Weapon Crystal does not conflict with anything.

Applied techs (Flaming Weapon, Hunter's Retribution, Withered Bane) will not stack with each other.

Who even uses weapon Ward/Resistance crystals? The small benefit is not worth it in my opinion.

At one time, the applied techs did stack. I have a Flaming Fine Cobalt Mace of Withered Bane. It was great for fighting Frost/Ice blights, yet it was specialized in that if you used it against anything not undead, you were effectively not using one of your tech spots.

I would love to see more weapons that were specialized.
    Or even allow weapon crystals to stack. It would be nice to see all the different combination, especially for those who have some of the old WD crystals. 12% Ethereal Damage, 25% damage given to attacker as health on 5% of hits, 5% extra damage 105-160 Energy. It would make for some interesting combinations.

agreed... I would love to put my misty peridot and sugent peridot in one weapon.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    Veteran Dark Garnet Weapon Crystal does not conflict with anything.
    Veteran Dark Garnet Weapon Crystal will not stack with + power stat crystals, snice it has a +15 power on it.

Everything else spot on.

Thanks for the correction. I didn't realize they wouldn't stack. Of course, with my setup, I've never had the use for Power crystals.

Speaking of that:
    All of the examples I used are for Melee only. The best weapon crystals for a caster is going to be +Power, +Focus, and a X of Magic crystal. I may be missing something better that I'm not thinking of right now.

The Shimmering Beveled Stone would be good for a caster if spells activated it. Actually, the Shimmering Beveled Stone seems like it would be better as an armor crystal. I'm not sure if all Shimmering Stones are basically the same, but SBS has the following:

5% Chance - Deals 6-8 damage to enemies that hit you. Damage type: Energy. Duration 0:15. (about 3 swings for a mob with 40 delay).
    The 6-8 is modified by Power.
    This crystal really is limited for single classed characters. The crystal is melee activated, but Power fueled. Most melee don't have high power, and most casters don't use their weapon in melee enough to activate the 5%.

I don't remember the damage accurately, but with 1000 power, against giant flame beetles, I may have been getting around 70 damage per hit. The damage also ignores their Hardened Shell, which is very nice.

Love to see it as a Armor Crystal. Otherwise, for me it's not worth the weapon spot. Not only are you depending on the 5% for it to activate, but also have to hope the mob hits you in order for the damage to be done. Better to go with a 5% DoT (Direct), or a 5% X of Might crystal.

Some of the crystals you have listed don't drop anymore. Can you give a list of crystals that would be good for a dragon, melee, caster, that are readily avialable now?

Caster - power, focus
    Melee - str, 5% X of might crystal, or 5% dot (direct)
    Dragon - ?

These where some of the suggestions made. Would like 3 for each, which crystals to use is quite confusing for me.

I just returned to Istaria from never-never (to return) land and I am in dire need of cash and equipment since I gave away my 10 gold plot and all my gold and most all of my items and silos full of resources when I left, so .... I have an *EXTRA* Veteran Dark Garnet Weapon Crystal. Anyone interested for an outrageous price (part charitable donation to my well being, part sale)

In game Landowyn or Brassandyn.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

****, that was fast. Sold both of em. Thanks for putting me back on my feet folks.

EDIT: Nailed by the word police?
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks

geez i didnt even have a chance to inq on price lol. If you find another one, I'd be interested hehe
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Cauri, I don't think they drop anymore, but I'll check my alts. There were from the first few months the game was alive, so I don't even remember where I got them. And if I hadn't been so broke (6 silver to my name!) I wouldn't have sold either.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks

was more of a "doh!" i need to read the forums more often type of post.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Thread Information