Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Dragon Additions with Blight Update 140

Default Re: Interesting Dragon Additions with Blight Update 140

While quests might be nice, Royal, it also takes more work by the devs to implement. Also, I'm sure a -lot- of players would complain if it had to do with Helian/Lunus especially since one cannot switch sides. All Helians are not spellcasters and all Lunus are not melee-ers.

I personally would much rather it be what it is now: a change to the base stats of the Dragon Adventurer school.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    While quests might be nice, Royal, it also takes more work by the devs to implement. Also, I'm sure a -lot- of players would complain if it had to do with Helian/Lunus especially since one cannot switch sides. All Helians are not spellcasters and all Lunus are not melee-ers.
    Indeed, I almost replied with "Lunus and Helian do not work that way! Good night!"

I decided those who didn't get the Morbo reference might take offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I personally would much rather it be what it is now: a change to the base stats of the Dragon Adventurer school.
    Maybe the increases from the existing quests should be increased, rather than just randomly getting more points? Although that still doesn't add any caster / melee differentiation.

Or look at it this way... Dragon Adventurer school is now on par with Warrior school and other base bipedal schools in terms of skill gain per level. 9/lvl is what Warriors get in weapon skills.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I cannot wait for this patch to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Or look at it this way... Dragon Adventurer school is now on par with Warrior school and other base bipedal schools in terms of skill gain per level. 9/lvl is what Warriors get in weapon skills.
    Don't you come in here with yer fancy logic, solving problems and stopping arguments!

Good to know the reason (sort of), though - having never played a biped school, I didn't know that's what they got.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    Not that I'm complaining at all, but what's with the sudden Dragon love?
    Dragons hit a Triple Pink Pony Jackpot on the Wheel of Development and Rick threw in a paid spa day with a scale buffing and pedicure.

It's really more that a lot of things which have been under discussion or been being worked on for a long time are finally coming together at the same time. There are more changes to come, too - many we hope that you'll like, others we expect that you won't. In the end, though, our goal is to make dragons more fun to play, and having fun while adventuring is part of that.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I could have sworn I posted about this yesterday. Why do my posts keep disapearing? o.O

Does the 1 additional primal/TaC per level apply automatically? So, my dragon with 800 primal would magically get 900 because he's been neglected 1 point for all his 100 levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    So, my dragon with 800 primal would magically get 900 because he's been neglected 1 point for all his 100 levels?
    Yes, you will get the extra points automatically.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

If it was the intention to level dragons with Warriors, you might want to recheck Amon. Warriors get 10 skill points per level in all weapon skills but bow and crossbow (see http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/schoo...id=1&view=item)
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

Yea, I misspoke. Sorry. Dragons after having done their skill quests will be at the same level as base schools. 10 for 10 at level 100.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Yea, I misspoke. Sorry. Dragons after having done their skill quests will be at the same level as base schools. 10 for 10 at level 100.
    a friend and I were wondering... Does that mean you'll introduce Primal and T&C mastery VIII, IX and X quests ?

Gift of Velocity = Primal version of the Gift of Speed spell. Again, almost an exact copy, but it uses primal skill and is dragon-only. No, it doesn't give a run speed buff. That is what Gift of Speed is for.
    Ah but we, dragons, cant cast Gift of Speed. Would be nice to be able to cast those gift spells on ourselves. *hint hint*
    Thanks for the new spells and all the rest. So nice to see constant changes and additions. Bravo VI.

Yeah, it is only 9.7 points per level because we are missing the last three of each of the Mastery quests. :-/
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Does that mean you'll introduce Primal and T&C mastery VIII, IX and X quests ?
    *Waves hand* "These aren't the mastery quests you are looking for...."
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

*Begins to search for the mastery qyests then*

Anyhow, thanks again for the changes. I look forward to some spell effect animations for our spells, but other than that i really appreciate the work you guys are doing on the game. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    Ah but we, dragons, cant cast Gift of Speed. Would be nice to be able to cast those gift spells on ourselves. *hint hint*
    I am in complete agreement. Dragons have access to True Grit and Promote Vitality, not to mention a slew of potions, but they don't compare to the various Gift spells available to bipeds. It is a real downer to gear up for a satisfying hunt and have to search for a biped willing to cast buffs. They make a huge difference if used correctly!

I think we should have Buffs the Bipeds will really want to trade for them. Say as we taught them magic anyway what about a line of Magic Skill buffs. They would not over power us but could be traded for other buffs off a biped.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    *Waves hand* "These aren't the mastery quests you are looking for...."
    ... what do you mean ?

From 141

* CHANGE: Drain Strike no longer uses the Primal skill. Other changes to the ability line:
    o Now has a post-delay, a damage multiplier, does maximum damage on hit
    o The amount of life drained by the hit is lower and scales based on the level of the ability
    o Drain Strike now costs hoard to use
    o Drain Strike now has associated animation and particle effect

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    * CHANGE: Drain Strike no longer uses the Primal skill. Other changes to the ability line:
    What skill does it use, then? T&C? I hope they linked it to a skill, otherwise we won't ever hit with it.

o Drain Strike now costs hoard to use
    The last tier (VIII, I think) always cost hoard. So I guess this means that all of the lower versions also cost hoard.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information