Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 140

Default Re: Blight Delta 140

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Demonbane Spike was done in the previous blight patch.

The demon weapons are now scaled so some will drop more often than others (basically divided into common, uncommon, rare and ultra-rare). Guess which end Flurry is on?

Btw, sorry about the bugs with the primal spells. I got those fixed tonight so hopefully we can get another patch to blight soon.

Oh and Drain Strike... Bit of a snag. i can't get it to accept primal. So I'm messing with it as a T&C ability and I put plans on the table for a new primal ability that is similar.
    I hope the drain strike dupe isn't faction based.

Still think the demon weapons need to be toned down after the upgrades, but I'm in the minority. Perhaps add a base skill of 900 to use? Balances them a tad...I guess.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

They already have 900 in their respective stat and current adventurer level of 90.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you for working late and for the fixes on the new spells, Amon. Also thank you for exploring a separate primal drain ability to bring more parity between TnC and Primal users.

...now get some sleep, will ya?
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

[QUOTE=AmonGwareth;182929]Blight has been updated with Delta 140 which includes the following additions, changes, and fixes:

• Additions
      • New spell formula, Primal Health, is now available as loot.WOOT
      • New spell formula, Gift of Velocity, is now available as loot. Cool

[LIST][*]Changes
    [LIST]
    [*]Valkor, Reklar, Son of Gigaroth, Fafnir, Daknor and Gruk will now all spawn more frequently.[*]Removed the chance for Valkor's Bone Guards to drop parts of the Valkor epic items.

[Quote]
    this needed to be done but ... i hope and truly hope its not a extream spawn Pleas keep epic weapons to Epic status these are like the supper bowl rings this in my opion is what you need to get them

10 % luck
    15% skill
    15% concentrated power and will
    10% Pleaser
    50% pain
    and that makes 100 % reason to remember there rarity

Other than that Pleas for the love of death points bring back the ancient ability to use air sprint !
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    *Jewelry Set items will again drop as loot.

Anyone know what we should expect these to drop from?
    I am certain I got one from a Famine once. I think they also dropped from the other Satyr islands mobs, and I think from t6 Fyakki too (and maybe blights).

I have a question about this welcome change myself. Though the jewelry set items are to have, their stats are quite weak compared to a fully teched/socketed mithril set. The only thing that I would concider useful on them, is the -2% recycle/delay effect on them. But casting/swinging a little faster does not compare to adding 100+ power/strenght via teched jewels I think. So, I would love to see the jewelry set stats beefed up some
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

Oh and Drain Strike... Bit of a snag. i can't get it to accept primal. So I'm messing with it as a T&C ability and I put plans on the table for a new primal ability that is similar.
    Gold Burst? *hint hInt hint*

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Gold Burst? *hint hint hint*
    Noooo! Gold Burst is supposed to be the Primal version of Gold Rage. Making it the Primal version of Drain Strike will totally nerf it (if one can nerf a non-existent ability).

Being a caster (maxed Primal training points, power techs, etc) I want Gold Burst in, but I want it to be worthwhile. I'd also imagine there needs to be associated quests - assuming it's a quested ability, which would make sense. I'd rather wait for GB and compensate with T&C / strength techs on my scales, than have a low-power version now.

I think Torkora was hinting to add gold burst instead of primal drain strike. I would like a drain bolt more instead right now in place of a Gold burst. Should be easier to balance and get it out sooner.

Jup since Amon said the primal drain stike doesnt want to work somehow, he needs to put in a other new primal ability, -> gold burst maybe?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

No, Gold Burst (or whatever it will become cause we all hate that name) is something else entirely and will be quested for.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

How about "Primal Pain" or "Primal Apocalypse"

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Jup since Amon said the primal drain stike doesnt want to work somehow, he needs to put in a other new primal ability, -> gold burst maybe?
    Use a sledge hammer.... it works better.

Placing Drain strike on the primal line will mean more of a chance it will successfully hit based off of your primal skill (obviously this will be argued as favoring the Helian clan) but Lunus can spend the points and raise their primal up (they mostly have to, due to the triple teched dragon spells that require 1050+++ to scribe)

Having it based on Tooth and Claw makes it more Lunus based and thus forcing Helians to raise their T&C to a level for them to benefit from using drain strike. This would bring the argument that Helians dislike melee combat and would rather not have to raise T&C to get better results from their granted and trained Drain Strike.

So in the short of this post:

Lunus Dragons usually always spend points in primal magic because they must if they want to scribe triple teched tier V spells, however Helian Dragons do not need to spend as many.

Helian Dragons don't need to spend T&C points to learn and scribe spells, and would rather place training points elsewhere.

Amon is having a rough time putting "Primal" as the basis for attack using Drain Strike. Guess we will have to wait for his findings on that.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

No, Gold Burst (or whatever it will become cause we all hate that name) is something else entirely and will be quested for.
    Primal Storm!

*blink* *puts his glasses on his nose* Did I read well, we're gonna have Gold burst ??

Amon I'd hug you if I could :3

No I think he means, No Gold Burst (or what ever they decide to call it) is something else to be worked on and will have to be quested to be gained on it's own.

I am wondering he means that when you do the Drain Strike quest you will get both the T&C Drain and a Primal Drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    No I think he means, No Gold Burst (or what ever they decide to call it) is something else to be worked on and will have to be quested to be gained on it's own.

I am wondering he means that when you do the Drain Strike quest you will get both the T&C Drain and a Primal Drain.
    Still, it means gold Burst is being worked on, and will be available in the near future :3

I would not say near future.

*Emissary Hat on*
    But, I think I am safe to say, yes it is being looked at and has be talked about some. Just do not expect a time on it.

*Emissary Hat off.*

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I would not say near future.

*Emissary Hat on*
    But, I think I am safe to say, yes it is being looked at and has be talked about some. Just do not expect a time on it.

*Emissary Hat off.*
    That still makes me happy to know it didn't went in limbo

Amon, have you tried setting the attack type on Drain Strike to Magic? It appears to be just a weapon mismatch, just like trying to use a Heartseeker (bow ability) while wielding a Longsword. Dragons always "wield" T&C, so there is no way to "be fighting with Primal." I believe Magic attacks don't care about what weapon you have wielded whereas Melee, Attack, and Missle do. Not totally sure about Ranged.

Drev

Yep, I did try that actually. That was the first thing

Thread Information