Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 140

Default Re: Blight Delta 140

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    That still makes me happy to know it didn't went in limbo

You wound me Zexoin. Thinking I being a Emissary that it would not be one of the first things that I would bring up. I figured I had bumped the original thread enough times and fought for Dragon Caster rights enough around here before.

Grrr...now I'm all in debug mode and have no way to check stuff on my own...irritating. Anyway, might take a look at the Spiritist Siphon ability line and see how they managed to get that to work.

*twitch twitch*
    Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Anyway, might take a look at the Spiritist Siphon ability line and see how they managed to get that to work.
    Yup, that'd be mine suggestion as well. What you're trying to do with Primal Drain Strike is a copy/paste of the Syphon ability (with different stats), so it should work exactly the same way.

Nope, they are different.

See, Drain Strike is an actual melee attack that has a drain life atached to it. Syphon is a spell ability.

The big difference is that the damage for a melee attack is calculated based on skill and your weapon and stuff. While for a spell ability there's an established range that is then modified by skill.

Things may look similar in-game, but often they are not the same under the hood.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

*pokes Amon* Is that wicked undead mob in New T spawning? I spent an hour searching and no luck
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

That's what I suspected, but had no way to check the underlying code to verify. As long as it remains a true melee skill it will "fight" within the melee parameters..using weapon skill vs evasion, etc where a spell would try to overcome magic evasion and so on.

Could always just make it a spell based attack then. I figured the attack type change would accomplish that, but I guess not.

Would it be an easier fix to just make the attack have a set damage range rather than pull the damage from the "weapon"?

Of course, a second primal based ability with a shared timer with Drain Strike would be fine, too..hehe.

Drev

Probably just going to leave it as a T&C ability and create a secondary line that is a primal version. Can't really fail with more choices in combat
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Probably just going to leave it as a T&C ability and create a secondary line that is a primal version. Can't really fail with more choices in combat
    that'd be awsome. of course both ability timers must be linked. Change the name also, something like primal syphon.

Primal Drain sounds like something you would use on a hair clog from a Saris.

How about Primal Leech?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Primal Drain sounds like something you would use on a hair clog from a Saris.

How about Primal Leech?
    oooh I like that one

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I actually thought that's what you were trying to do in the first place.

I did a little putt putting around, testing an obsidian cargo disk and an obsidian compact cargo disk.

The speed cap is 125 on both of these disks when the description is capped at 100.

Now.... mind you I loved jetting around at 125, I hope the text is wrong on the disk description
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

If you are on the road, you'll get the road bonus regardless of what it's capped at.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Cauri, as far as Urgat, I couldn't find him yesterday either. His spawn may not be turned on. I believe Velea was having some issues with the quest completing not related to his spawn so he may be "turned off" until it is fixed. Haven't heard any update on it so can't say for sure, however.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    If you are on the road, you'll get the road bonus regardless of what it's capped at.
    *Smacks Forehead*

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    *Smacks Forehead*
    Does that mean you couldda had a V8?

Have I mentioned that I cannot wait for this patch to throw down on live?
    Last edited by tygan; May 14th, 2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Mah spelling, she is terrible!

Thumbs up Re: Blight Delta 140

Thanks for making that change which gives Ingenuity to Monks, Druids, and Spiritists. It's a small thing, but it's a big help.

Hmm does today's fix to add support for items that must be worn to be used mean that you now have someone who can dink around with the pseudoLUA of the Sim?

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Hmm does today's fix to add support for items that must be worn to be used mean that you now have someone who can dink around with the pseudoLUA of the Sim?

Drev
    Who da done did what?
    What is the pseudoLUA of the Sim?

Thread Information