Hi all... I just got into Istaria last night, and wanted to come introduce myself. I beta'd this game way back when, but didn't play it for very long. I've read alot about how this game has managed to survive through several owners/developers and such, and I wanted to see how it had evolved. I've played EQ and EQ2 for years, but just finally got tired of the drama. I tried WoW, to see what 8 million people found so alluring, and that didn't even last a day. It is just an UGLY game. I can't get into a character I can't stand looking at.

There was a lot I liked in beta in Horizons... the music is still as heart-achingly beautiful as I remember, and I really like the crafting process. I'm still in the "newbie" area -- I think it's called New Trismus? I'm not really even sure if that's still part of the newbie island, or if I'm in the "real" part now. I'm still having trouble deciding on a character, and if I remember correctly that is what caused me to leave in the first place. The elves are just... well, not attractive, and that is what I like playing normally. I rolled a dryad, which is definitely different, but I'm having trouble getting a feel for her. I might just scrap her and be a Gnome. I can't decide. =/

I'm wondering this, though -- does just everyone and their grandmother play a dragon? Will I be the only non-dragon? Because while I know having dragons as a playable race is what sets Horizons apart, it just isn't my thing at all. But I don't want to be the only non-dragon out there. Would make for some pretty boring roleplay.

Anyways, if you see a Dryad named Faelian flitting around looking really lost, that's me! At least for now.

Looking forward to making some new friends!

~Faelian~