Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do they do this?

Question How do they do this?

2-3 days ago I was flying around Istaria attempting to recall how to play after so long hybernation.

Many things were new to my eyes, one peculiar mountain in Mahagra catched my curiosity, so I went to check it out.

Odd, level 100 and 30,000 hp monsters and "marrow" skeletons roamed about and later on I have been told there's some big named boss in there (when I quit they did not exist yet).

Anyway, I flied there and have seen a dragon standing outside the mobs aggro radius. I waited to see what he'd do, since I would like to see if the monsters had some special skill. I still somehow recall marrows multistriking people very hard and marrows were much lower level and normal HP.

I wait.
    He won't move.

I wait.
    He won't move.

I wait.
    He won't move.

I wait.
    He won't move.

I go dinner, hovering the place (my dinner time is at like 3pm in the USA).

I return after about 40 minutes and still the guy is there.

Bored, I start flying away when one of those heavily multiclassed bipeds arrives.

I stop and watch. He pulls those 30k HP mobs and kills them in seemingly 5-10 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He also looks like taking very little if any damage.

So, what did I miss in these years of not playing? If I try a basic eastern deadland undead he can multistrike me ancient with well above capped DCRA and hoard to dangerous levels but those guys can kill a 30k mobs like that???

/Boggles
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Default Re: How do they do this?

that sounds impossible...
    i fought those mobs many a time, and never saw a draggie do that.

im not sure what happend there ... did you save a log?

It was a biped that killed the mob, not the dragon. I bet the biped had a BHM, too.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Marrows arn't actually that hard to kill, even as a Dragon.
    Wear the right scale's, drink the right potions, get the right buff's beforehand.
    Then pull them one at a time and using Goldrage/silver strike, can normally take them down very fast and take little damage.

A mobs HP isn't the thing to be worried about. its normally that special move they have, get past that and most are solo'able.

the marrows also only have 8k hp, can be killed in 1 or 2 hits with bhm, those doggies are of a diffrent caliber

And what exactly is BHM if ye don't mind me asking?

Regards,
    Dau

boar's head mask

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    boar's head mask
    Boar's Hide Mask actually. *clinks a mug with awdz*

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Boar's Hide Mask-Boar's Rage Effect.
    Lifted from HratLi's post on Boar Hide Mask's specifications: -15% delay/recycle; doubles attack damage, lasts for 51 seconds, 20 min recycle. Also increases armor, two hand slash, and gives a 10% chance to inflict stun III on your target.
    Last edited by Star; May 9th, 2008 at 11:55 AM.
    ========================
    | ()""'() ~~Have A Good Day!~~
    | ( 'o' ) ****Hehehehe****
    =(,)=(,)==================

Quote:
    Originally Posted by awdz
    boar's head mask

Boar's Hide Mask actually. *clinks a mug with awdz*
    *refills takora's urn with klava* obviously i've never held one, much less owned one

Combined with a gnome (-50% delay for 30sec), saja's potion (-10% delay), melee flurry (multi attacks), unbridled energy (-20% delay +20% damage), maybe berserk rage ... aso ... - you'll deal a lot of damage with some special moves like multistrike ... event without a bhm.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

melee flurry (multi attacks), unbridled energy

These don't stack.

If I recall correctly, one could have several BHMs and swap them out as each ones effect wore off. The devs talked about nerfing that but I don't recall if they ever did or not.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

They did. The masks used to be on separate timers, so you could use one and then another. They are on a shared timer now; even if you have three of them, you still have to wait 20 minutes before using any other one.

More recently they made them attune when you wear one. I don't know of anyone that actually wears one, though. It is a useable item, so everyone (who owns one) just "uses" it rather than wearing.

Drev

That may change soon from the hints being dropped. So if you have one out on loan they have said you might want to get it back. So sounds like they may soon bind on acquire.

Resists and wards are your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    Resists and wards are your friends.
    They tried to put me in a ward, but I resisted. Does that count?

No... no, I don't think it does. XD

What types of resists/wards, Jayne? What damage to marrows do?

That's easy to find out: just let some marrow hit you and it will tell you what damage it dealt to you, doesn't it?

As far as I know most of the mobs do slash damage and some of the special abilities do crush damage (for example the Beetle's mandible crush, or even the golem's hurl chunk I think).

Ah, blights tend to do "their" damage, meaning, energy blights doing energy damage and temptest blights nature damage and so on...

And Jayne is right: the wards really help, if you already have a high evasion skill... theese crystals give a decent ward, if consumed. You might just try it.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    That's easy to find out: just let some marrow hit you and it will tell you what damage it dealt to you, doesn't it?
    Ah, but to do that, one must be able to get to the marrows, which would imply one is in the game, which I can't do right now. *kicks his computer that isn't working*

Are there castable wards against slash/crush? Or only potions and crystals?

Thread Information