Thread: Epic Classes

Post Epic Classes

i would love epic classes if they open the lvls or maybe as an additional content

Epic Classes, that means its the epic version of the solo class
    for example

epic healer
    epic druid... (maybe with an contest to find great new names ^^)

this epic classes start with lvl 100 (so an healer 100 could join the epic healer class)

advantage of the epic class:
    -new epic armor/jewelery/spells to express the power of the class, usable only by the special epic class (stronger versions, unique visual)
    -more power in their way (healing/nature/sword...)

disadvantage:
    -no masterable spells/abilities can be used anymore, therefore your rating is calculated only by the epic class
    for example a epic healer could use no nature/spirit spells anymore

as an alternative i would suggest to enhance and further develop the multiclass system is the path you choose self

1) multiclass (till max lvl (120?) and use spells/abilities from linked schools
    or

2) loose all mc powers but gain more power in your specific way

both ways should have their value

what do you think about the epic class idea?

nonsense?

worth to think about it?

add: so you could go both pathes too, you multiclass what you like and then your hunting group needs max healing power or max tank abilities so you change to your epic class and fit perfect to this role (like the original mc idea)

same goes for the crafters but maybe with an restriction? choose only 1 epic crafter school? this school is able to craft the specific epic jewelery/spells/armor...?
    Last edited by Vlisson; May 16th, 2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: add ^^

Default Re: Epic Classes

so, you want to take the proposal for expanding on dragon playability, deny it to dragons, and then give it a slight twist and hand it over to bipeds?

I don't see this as a good idea personally. Much like i don;t think dragons need more classes.

Shur, I'm not trying to be mean, its an actual question.

Do you still play? I had thought you quit. Please don;t read into my question its truly just an inquiry.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

I may make a return, though at present conditions are such that i do not log in except to for the occasional lair-juggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    so, you want to take the proposal for expanding on dragon playability, deny it to dragons, and then give it a slight twist and hand it over to bipeds?
    i dont understand your statement, i tried it with Babel Fish but this programm sucks more than my englisch ^^

my suggestion dont want to interfere with the multiclass system

the mc system is very very important for HZ and is the main reason (maybe the only one) that some old players stayed connected over the years ^^

so i suggested to add a new feature (without weakening/fixing/nerfing.. the mc)

its not that you cannot lvl/take more schools (even epic ones)

but if you would choose to activate/switch to an epic school you would gain powers in a specific way. But no gain without costs?

I'd like them to fix some of the biped schools so that they are enjoyable or even valuable as first school... some of those schools are so hard to play, if you don't have X lvl 100 classes already, that it just makes no fun... others are just an easy walk through the game till you hit lvl 100 and start with something else (similar to dragon, it's very easy, too).
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

*Emissary Hat on*
    Then Start a thread like the monk thread. I was told that was a great help in improving monk. A focused detailed thread by those that play the class as a solo class help them. They do not have the time to play each class so have to rely on us to offer feed back on the classes to them.

*Emissary Hat off*

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    i dont understand your statement
    my statement is that it would appear that you are with one hand rejecting an idea to improve playability of dragons and then with the other hand suggesting a modified version of the idea to bipeds. this appearance is doubly strengthened given the closeness (time-wise) of your two actions. (rejecting dragon multi-classing and then posting this thread right after)

to put it simpler: it appears that you are trying to say dragons should not be improved, that they should stay as they are, and that bipeds should be given the improvements people have suggested for dragons.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

I think that Bi-peds have quite enough schools at the moment.

Once a Dragon reaches level 100 thats it. No diversity No extras.

Once a bi-ped reaches say level 100 healer they can then add other schools to compliment the character. Very soon they become vastly more powerfull than a Dragon and can even go on to solo the Epic mobs ( i've seen ped chars gather the field of elite blights then destroy them all with one spell)

Also with their multi-class (rating) i've seen lvl 50 chars soloing elite blights with ease. Why do they need more power?

The only thing i think Epic schools would enable is more people soloing the Epic mobs which shouldn't happen to start with.

The only thing i can think of as a positive for this type of school would be-
    An Epic class would consist of say a Sage. where the joining requirements would be lvl 100 healer/druid/shamen. They would loose alot of their abilities but gain others. This would be way down on my list of 'priorites for the game' though.

What Sindala said ^^
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

@shur in my eyes (my personal opinion) dragons and bipeds are different and canĀ“t and should not compared at all. and i dont think that a denied multiclass option for dragons is a disadvantage (only if there will no other option/way will implemented for dragons)

@Sindala add more solo powers would be a bad way thats sure. But i dont think that an "epic warrior" or an "epic healer" could solo better than a mc char

an "epic warrior" would have no heal at all (no mastered abilities or mc healing spells) only better armor/hps/damage output
    an "epic healer" would have no damage output anymore (no nature and spirit spells)

im a friend of positions in a group, its nice to have an additional minor healer but the char who "plays" /fills the healer positon should heal more than the damage doing spiritist ^^

Thread Information