Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idea about Player crafted Crystals

Default Re: Idea about Player crafted Crystals

I wouldnt mind this being dragon only to craft from start to finish, much like confectioner is bi-ped only. This will give dragons a money making school, thats wanted much like peds have now. It'd also be a way to get me to actualy buy food when I die, as right now I dont have an effective way to make money, and thus find it easier to just wait for the dps to roll off.

Thank you all for your feedback. Looking at what every one has put forth has made me think... but to let you all know I had a few thing in mind before I even started talking to Zexoin about this idea. One, the player crafted crystals had to decay and they could not be recharged. Two, they could not be used so no consumed crystal effect or experience would be gained from ‘eating’ player made crystals. Three, they had to be rather hard to make. With that said give me some time I will talk with Zexoin again and see if we can come up with a pure dragon only system. Meanwhile feel free to post your own ideas on how you think it could work. Oh and about the decaying and non-recharge of the crystals being a pain to replace when they wear out. You need to replace potions when you use them same with food. As well as the non-blighted gear that wears out as you recharge them, like the machine that makes eggs, milk, and silk. Also the decaying crystals will make players want to hunt down the better crystals that drop. Since they do not decay and can be ‘eaten’ for the consumed crystal effect as well as the experience they give.
    Xyndro

Dragon of Order.

Also the decaying crystals will make players want to hunt down the better crystals that drop. Since they do not decay and can be ‘eaten’ for the consumed crystal effect as well as the experience they give.
    this would actaulyl be a problem, not a benefit. if people can hunt for better crystals than they can buy, they won't waste money on crafted crystals. the crafted crystals will have ot be every bit as good as the dropped ones, otherwise people won't spend for them, money is hard enough to come by as it is, we don't need to be wasting it on crystals that are pale immitations of what we can get hunting.

as far as resources go... make 'em like cyrstalline lattice. hell, here's an idea, assume maximum efficiency:

requirements for one blank crystal:
    5 tr-cut gem
    5 primal essence

one may then take the blank crystal, and apply to it the same resources that would be needed to tech a piece of equipment with the same properties.

so final requirements for a fully-working crystal (again, assuming maximum eficiency) would be thus:

5 tr-cut gem
    5 primal essence
    5 essence orbs
    1 <tech item>
    1 <tech item>

this would allow a dragon to craft a crystal with the desired properties, but would make it take real effort. the base resources themseles would not be an overly large obstacle, but would still require effort, and the tech resources would require some ammount of hunting, so even if one makes silos full of the craftable resources, one could not produce a torrent of crystals.

obviously this would mean that either experience per level would have ot be lower than most schools, or experience gained per crystal high, or both. otherwise it would take far too long to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    if people can hunt for better crystals than they can buy, they won't waste money on crafted crystals. the crafted crystals will have ot be every bit as good as the dropped ones, otherwise people won't spend for them, money is hard enough to come by as it is, we don't need to be wasting it on crystals that are pale immitations of what we can get hunting.
    It sounds to me like the crafted crystals offer just about the same bonuses as the looted ones, they just aren't permanent.

Now, I agree that it's to your advantage to hunt down crystals for the more permanent effects, but really I don't think that will cause people to only hunt them down. I for one would prefer to craft a set of res/ward crystals before hunting down the permanent ones. Plus, players who may not have as much time to play would certainly be willing to use a less-than-permanent crystal as opposed to spending their valuable time hunting for them. And what about if there's one crystal that just forever seems to evade being looted? Why not craft a score or so of crystals, sell the ones that don't turn out to be the one you wanted, and keep the few that are? You just saved yourself a ton of time and headache, yet you have the same product and, if you made enough, they'll last you a fair amount of time.

The only permanent part about consumed crystals is the experience you gain from them.

They also give a higher bonus than if they are socketed, but they only last up to two hours.

That also assumes you don't get killed, which wipes all your boosts.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

im not against crafted xtals, but:

since originally it was intended as a biped craft class it would not be nice to see it as dragon craft class. maby a compromise? a craft class that both bipeds and dragons can do?

but again:

people dont you think devs have more important things to do?

like the plot reclamation?

and like the blighted labyrinth?

like fixing some of the systems not working as we would like them?

xtals are easy obtainable at the moment.
    i say that this is a nice idea. but not really alot of added value for a lot of invested dev time. and dev time is not somthing this game has in abundance.

Quote Originally Posted by Thangorodrim Atanatari View Post
    im not against crafted xtals, but:

since originally it was intended as a biped craft class it would not be nice to see it as dragon craft class. maby a compromise? a craft class that both bipeds and dragons can do?

but again:

people dont you think devs have more important things to do?

like the plot reclamation?

and like the blighted labyrinth?

like fixing some of the systems not working as we would like them?

xtals are easy obtainable at the moment.
    i say that this is a nice idea. but not really alot of added value for a lot of invested dev time. and dev time is not somthing this game has in abundance.
    Actualy Im fairly certain that it was intended to be a dragon craft class, given that dragons are the only ones who can harvest crystals and have a crystalshaping skill. (thats not tied to either of the current crafting classes) Bi-peds already have a wanted craft class, confectioner, dragons however, dont. It'd be nice to have a wanted craft class for those of us dragons who dont care much to be dependent on bi-peds in order to progress. This also levels the field somewhat as it gives dragons a more valid option of gaining cash besides hauling disk after disk of gems to the nearest pawnbroker. Bleh.

Furthermore its just a sugestion, noone's saying that the dev's need to drop what they're doing right now and start working on this. Just something a few of us thing would be nice to consider when they get the chance.

I agree that crafted crystals shouldnt be usable in the same manner that droped ones are. I do have an issue with the idea that they'd be decay-able, part of it may not be so bad depending on the rate of decay, and how many "hitpoints" the crystal has, but with the dificulty of aquiring many comps, I cringe at the thought that my hard earned work going to waste after a few hunting/crafting sessions, and having to start trying to aquire those comps all over again or even worse, paying a visit to Nadia.
    Id almost rather see them not decay, be dificult to obtain/craft, with maybe slightly better stats, but with the trade off being you cant use them for the buff and exp bonuses that the dropped give.

Thread Information