Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2008 Live Content Patch

Default Re: May 2008 Live Content Patch

Techniques "Adventure: Dismissal", "Adventure: Eminence", "Adventure: Primal Vengeance", and "Adventure: Vital Defiance" will no longer stack with others of the same type. When installed into items, the items will become attune-on-equip. This will not affect items previously made with these techniques, only new items.

i dont have any of the dragon event techs

i understand why this got changed but i really hope that we will get new techs. its a real nerf for all new dragons (who will coming soon ^^)

pls dev tell me that you will add new dragons techs soon ^^

We're always open to and looking for good content to add to the game, Vlisson, but most of the time we can't tell you about it. Virtrium's policy is generally not to announce anything or make promises until we have something ready to deliver.

However, don't worry, we aren't finished working on dragons yet.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

The Expert Spirt_Ward form is green and looks like a tool or cooking implement, possibly the Cooking Spits.

Is this an incorrect icon?
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

I'm curious to know if the Gift of Velocity and the Preparation Tech has dropped at all. I don't think they have on Order, although I have heard of Primal Health dropping.

Karya

Question. Now that selling all items to a pawn broker gives 1/3 less the amount we used to get, will those Master Confectioner formulas come down in price to compensate the extra grind for coin? They are pretty darn expensive. Over 1 gold just for one set of each of the two types, advanced and basic.

I heard last night on order that yes some one had a Gift of Vel.

Quote Originally Posted by Trieah View Post
    Question. Now that selling all items to a pawn broker gives 1/3 less the amount we used to get, will those Master Confectioner formulas come down in price to compensate the extra grind for coin? They are pretty darn expensive. Over 1 gold just for one set of each of the two types, advanced and basic.
    *blinks* when did that change happen? I didnt see it mentioned in the notes? Meh that sucks for any newbie trying to gain coin for the upcoming reclamations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    *blinks* when did that change happen? I didnt see it mentioned in the notes?
    Around 2 1/2 years ago, as I recall.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Ah, so its before I ever even joined the game heh.. or maybe very shortly after, so I wont be noticing any difference when I decide I need a little extra coin.
    Now that I've read through the entire post...
    I too dont like the idea of (most) everything costing horde least for the very early levels, while those fortunate enough to be in a guild that is also active may not have that much trouble getting loads and loads of horde at the early levels. Its not so easy for those who are not. Would it be possible to maybe defer the horde cost until they reach the next teir? Im not saying that things like gold rage and silver strike shouldnt cost horde, to me, they've always been the im cornered and desperate moves while I was younger, I didnt start finaly using then on a regular basis until I was almost to the point of starting RoP with Lan.
    But with the other attacks making more cost horde gives the lowbies fewer options to fight with for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    Unless you're 1.5 million behind the optimum for your level, and rarely find hoard.
    about 6 million low myself

Quote Originally Posted by Karya View Post
    I'm curious to know if the Gift of Velocity and the Preparation Tech has dropped at all. I don't think they have on Order, although I have heard of Primal Health dropping.

Karya
    Primal Health has dropped twice that I know of on Chaos today, Preparation V once.

Tip. Hunt the Giant Ice Beetles
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Around 2 1/2 years ago, as I recall.
    So what does this mean then?

Lowered the coin value of Tri-cut gems to be more in line with other gems. All coin prices reduced to 1/3 of their former value.

I tried selling off the same amount of something that I sold the day before and got less money for it.
    Last edited by Trieah; May 22nd, 2008 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trieah View Post
    So what does this mean then?

Lowered the coin value of Tri-cut gems to be more in line with other gems. All coin prices reduced to 1/3 of their former value.

I tried selling off the same amount of something that I sold the day before and got less money for it.
    I assume it means exactly what it says. It seems to indicate that tri-cuts were worth 3 times more money than any equivalent item was, so they were reduced to be ~the same as everything else. Not being a dragon crafter, and never having pawned resources as a biped, I can't verify that either way.

i love my new demon bow>.>

It sounds like Tricuts were worth the value of 3 gems + some so the reduced the value to the amount of 1 gem +some to bring it more in line.

Yes I understand about the tricuts being reduced in price. What conserns me is the "All coin prices reduced to 1/3 of their former value." part of that. That sentence alone sounds to me like everything took another hit and got lowered to 1/3 of what we had been currently getting. I only quoted the part about the tricuts because I thought it would make it easier to find that part in the notes considering that they were both in the same bullet.

If that sentence is only refering to the tricuts, perhaps saying "Now all coin prices have been reduced to 1/3 of their former value." Then the message would be crystal clear to me. I do surrer from dyslexia and if things are not worded exactly as the meaning behind them is intended, then my backwards little pea brain can only start reading other meanings into it because it isn't crystal clear as to what was meant.

Trieah, don't worry. You are reading too much into it. Only tri-cuts were touched.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Probably just confusing wording.
    Try:

Lowered the coin value of Tri-cut gems to be more in line with other gems. Coin prices of Tri-cuts reduced to 1/3 of their former value.

IF they lowered Tri-cuts to be in line with other gems, and then lowered all other items to 1/3 value, then tricuts would still be overpriced. Or if the lowered the coin value of everything to 1/3 and THEN brought Tri-cuts in line, Tri-cuts would have definately taken a huge hit.

I think it's safe to say that the patch note should be read:

Reduced coin prices of Tri-cuts to 1/3 of their former value to be more in line with other gems.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Primal Health has dropped twice that I know of on Chaos today, Preparation V once.

Tip. Hunt the Giant Ice Beetles
    *smug grin*

"Techniques "Adventure: Dismissal", "Adventure: Eminence", "Adventure: Primal Vengeance", and "Adventure: Vital Defiance" will no longer stack with others of the same type. When installed into items, the items will become attune-on-equip."

Why attuning them at all now? Mostly considering that the techs cant be stacked anymore, which basically makes them "regular" tech. It makes me wonder if VI isn't simply trying to remove those techs from the game?
    So few active dragons have them anymore, the techs will eventually disappear if they are not brought back.

In my guild, we had a few lv 60 scales with Vengeance that were pass from young dragon to young dragon. Now those are basically garbage and almost useless to make. That is very sad.
    Since they cant be "abused" anymore, why don't you bring those techs back? Give a chance for everyone to get them.

Thread Information