Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: May 2008 Live Content Patch

Default Re: May 2008 Live Content Patch

Zexoin, I thought that was the idea behind dragons being able to craft stat crystals... but I'm not sure whatever happened to that plan, and I'll have to dig around in order to find a post (if it even exists anymore) that housed the suggestion.

In fact, forking off of Awdz last post (and risking getting a little off topic) - it would be neat if magic-infused crystals became a form of dragon-only "potion" crafting. Crystals can be made to levitate around while you enchant them; those massive ancient claws are a little clumsy for handling small glass vials.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    Crafting items in game go through the same limitations. Join a school and learn to craft items related to that school. Spellcrafting used to be one of those schools. Learn Spellcrafting and you could craft any spell you want for any of the races and adventure schools. With these two new spell formulas, all they call for is Spellcrafting but the developers have decided to add a limitation of only a Dragon being able to scribe and craft them. I am not calling for anyone else other than Dragons being able to USE the spells but I call for the reversal of this decision and put back the ability for ALL Spellcrafters to craft these spells.
    Personally, I wish Spellcrafters were limited to crafting spells of the magic schools which they have mastered via adventuring... but that might be pie-in-the-sky at this point.

Ie.:
    A Tier4 Spiritist/Tier3 Spellcrafter would be able to craft up to Tier3 Spirit and Blight spells. (limited by Spellcrafting skill)
    A Tier4 Spiritist/Tier5 Spellcrafter would be able to craft up to Tier4 Spirit and Blight spells. (limited by Spirit skill)

Of course masters of Primal would have access to all spell schools commensurate with their Primal skill - since all lesser/elemental schools of magic are components of Primal, just as the colors in a prism are components of "white" light.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Steele View Post
    Personally, I wish Spellcrafters were limited to crafting spells of the magic schools which they have mastered via adventuring... but that might be pie-in-the-sky at this point.

Ie.:
    A Tier4 Spiritist/Tier3 Spellcrafter would be able to craft up to Tier3 Spirit and Blight spells. (limited by Spellcrafting skill)
    A Tier4 Spiritist/Tier5 Spellcrafter would be able to craft up to Tier4 Spirit and Blight spells. (limited by Spirit skill)

Of course masters of Primal would have access to all spell schools commensurate with their Primal skill - since all lesser/elemental schools of magic are components of Primal, just as the colors in a prism are components of "white" light.
    This is wrong thinking. There are players that do not adventure much but would rather Craft. In your thinking you will totally disallow these players learnings in the School of Spellcrafting. Also in your same thinking process you should eliminate all Dragons from making any spells other than what Dragons learn by their adventuring. You can't have it both ways.

Spellcrafters learn to make spells. That is their prime purpose. Don't eliminate this schools main reason for being.

I agree, let a biped craft all the spells bipeds can craft. Just because they only know the theory and not the practical of casting the spells should not be a problem. Note I feel that they bipeds can not learn the theory of primal magics.

Quote Originally Posted by Steele View Post
    Zexoin, I thought that was the idea behind dragons being able to craft stat crystals... but I'm not sure whatever happened to that plan, and I'll have to dig around in order to find a post (if it even exists anymore) that housed the suggestion.

In fact, forking off of Awdz last post (and risking getting a little off topic) - it would be neat if magic-infused crystals became a form of dragon-only "potion" crafting. Crystals can be made to levitate around while you enchant them; those massive ancient claws are a little clumsy for handling small glass vials.
    Heh, Xyndro and I were the ones who thought about a possible crystalshaping school. It was purely a player suggestion and no dev said anything about a possible release (though we'd be glad to help design such a school if we were asked )

Your not the only one. With the old crystal preview I thought that that might come about my self. Or at least I had hoped that that was the plan.

Zex, crystalshaping has been asked for/kicked around/looked at since, oh, sometime in beta, I think. :-)

I did like some of your ideas, though
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Zex, crystalshaping has been asked for/kicked around/looked at since, oh, sometime in beta, I think. :-)

I did like some of your ideas, though
    oh, okay, I wasn't aware of that XD
    Could this be put in game then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I agree, let a biped craft all the spells bipeds can craft. Just because they only know the theory and not the practical of casting the spells should not be a problem. Note I feel that they bipeds can not learn the theory of primal magics.
    Perhaps, Deth... I suppose one could make a sharp, well-balanced blade without having intimate knowledge of all of its uses, afterall. Though I suppose by that logic, the best blades would still be crafted by those who not only have studied the process of their creation, but also have mastered their use.

Food for thought for another game, in another time.

At least for magic's implementation in Istaria, Primal is still a rather special case. No need to beat a dead gruok though.

Zex: I didn't realize it was you and Xyndro... cool stuff. If you want another sounding board for ideas, lemme know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    As of right now a Dragon can not CAST a single spell unless it has Primal for the requirement. Bipeds are also limited. They need to join a particular school and gain the knowledge to cast a spell with those requirements.
    It's called Boom. it's requirement is Energy. Want me to craft you one?

Spellcrafters are spellcrafters, whether they be dragon or biped.

I do not like that 2 spells were introduced which are only craftable by dragons.

There are no other spells that are craftable by bipeds ONLY or dragons ONLY.

everything new starts sometimes

every invention has its first time when it begins.

i dont know why it starts now but i like it

and pls dont say hey its against the bipeds (i would agree if the bipeds could use this spell)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sar-Goth View Post
    It's called Boom. it's requirement is Energy. Want me to craft you one?
    I just looked at that spell from the spells I have. For some reason it says the skill is Energy but if you actually look on the spell itself, it does not require ANY skill to use. It just happened to be the first spell craftable by Spellcrafters and was given out by the trainer as a learning spell to craft.

Seems they are moving in the direction of some spells being biped only as well. Patch notes now say that dark cyclone and shining blades forms will attune upon receipt.

Not sure the reasoning behind it, but there it is. Maybe some sort of attempt to create a spellcrafter market.

Please make ALL spells craftable by ALL spellcrafters.

(will keep asking for this)

Lol, I was reading Peladon's post and saying to myself "This guys sounds just like Sephi". Maybe I forgot or maybe I never knew your forum name but who needs a name when you know a "voice".

May we please have dev response on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Both the Gatherer's blessing and Confectioners blessing have foraging on them.

Confectioners Blessing as it currently is: Cooking Brewing, Foraging.
    Gatherer's Blessing as it currently is: Logging Foraging Dowsing.

Would be nice to change foraging to preparing. (On confectioners blessing at least.)
    This post quoted an earlier one by me noting that the Confectioner's Blessing did not receive the change from Foraging to Preparing that was accorded to the Confectioner's Cog, asking if this was an oversight.

Knossos

Thread Information