Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2008 Live Content Patch

Default Re: May 2008 Live Content Patch

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    I can't believe that, after all that time, you're hatchy is that low O_O
    Zex, honestly, we spend far more time working on the game than playing our own characters. Even when we do play, a lot of times it's easy to get distracted into "Hmm, I should fix that..."
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Dragon 1 stack disk is bugged speed wise. Still limiting me to flying speed 21 running 9 and should be fling 43 running 18.

silly thing on my part, but shouldn't squirrel toes be squirrel tails instead, since that's kind of the signature part of squirrels?

yesterday we tried valkor with a group. it was pretty rare sight to find him alive normally hes taken down imediatly by the same one group.

so we soon found out why he was still alive.. looks as if he has hyper resists now. maby hes broken?

we where bashing on him at 1 point with 8 people but no matter what type of damage we tried even reklar slayer damage.. he would heal himself full again with each ''bats'' ability

is this intended and there is a special new thing to take care of him? or has he been broken?

I was in this very same group also with Thangorodrim. We kinda went through every damage type and not a single damage type seemed to do decent damage on Valkor.

Debuffs and dispells have been used aswell.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Is it unreasonable to ask that we get an advanced warning of changes that result in a non-attuned item becoming attuned? It's not like this kind of change gets thrown in at the last minute right before the delta gets taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Is it unreasonable to ask that we get an advanced warning of changes that result in a non-attuned item becoming attuned? It's not like this kind of change gets thrown in at the last minute right before the delta gets taken.
    with craftable items i can understand why last minute...

otherwise everybody would craft lairs full of PV scales, and then the whole effect of it being downgraded makes no sence anymore because there would be 5 tripple tecced pv scales for every dragon on the the server available

Ah... I see.. My philosophy has been "hey, I've got the power, kill him fast, move on to the next guy".
    Except that power decreases your armor. If used too much, you'll have little left of protection. Death is not kind and I like to avoid it. Like others, I also wait until it's down to a wire between me and my opponent before using such tactics.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

About the Attuning items, they have been saying it for weeks now and we all knew it was being tested on Blight.
    It's reasonable to estimate that if its on the blight patch notes then it's gonna go live soon

And if your on Chaos then the 'popular' chat channels have been talking about it upto the morning of the patch aswell.

Well they didnt say anything at all that they gonna do something with the old scale techs, so how shoudl we knew?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Read something in there about primal and T&C being jewelry crystal drops now, can we use jewelry slotted items?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Yes in our Head scales. I think the last known bug was fixed for that, from what I remember reading on the Blight forums.

Except that power decreases your armor. If used too much, you'll have little left of protection. Death is not kind and I like to avoid it. Like others, I also wait until it's down to a wire between me and my opponent before using such tactics.
    Yes, it does. But if you burn a few hundred to a thousand hoard in a battle its not going to make a single bit of noticeable difference in your armor. And maybe I'm just lucky but I tend to get quite a few hoard items as drops.

No changes at all were made to Valkor, except his spawn rate.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    No changes at all were made to Valkor, except his spawn rate.
    These are excerpts from the log files from the group yesterday

[05/20/08 23:57:25] You hit Valkor The Impaler with Gold Rage VII for 19 slash damage.

[05/20/08 23:57:27] You hit Valkor The Impaler with Silver Strike X for 33 slash damage.

[05/20/08 23:59:43] xxxxx hit Valkor The Impaler with Critical Strike for 239 flame damage.

[05/20/08 23:59:49] You hit Valkor The Impaler with Gold Rage VII for 109 flame damage.
    [05/20/08 23:59:49] You hit Valkor The Impaler with Gold Rage VII for 127 flame damage.
    [05/20/08 23:59:49] You hit Valkor The Impaler with Gold Rage VII for 117 flame damage.

[05/20/08 23:59:51] xxxxx hit Valkor The Impaler with Gold Rage VII for 171 life damage.

[05/21/08 00:34:46] xxxxx hit Valkor The Impaler with Gold Rage VII for 38 slash damage.

[05/21/08 00:34:46] xxxxx hit Valkor The Impaler for 0 ice damage.

[05/21/08 00:34:50] xxxxx hit Valkor The Impaler with Puncture XI for 119 pierce damage.

[05/21/08 00:34:31] xxxxx hit Valkor The Impaler with Gold Rage VII for 121 Reklar Slayer damage.

We hit valkor with every attack type we could think of and he would hardly take any damage. We used Primal Vengence, Eminence, Vital Defiance, Boars Hide Mask, all the different attack types. The closest we got him down to was 130000 approx health. He would then cast his vampiric bats attack and fully heal himself again.

As you can see from the excepts we were fighting him for over 30 mins and then we gave up. Something has changed with valkor considering he can be taken down with 2/3 people only previously. The group we had yesterday had 8 members.

If you check on chaos now I am pretty sure you will find that valkor has not been successfully killed since the shard maintenance yesterday.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Yes, it does. But if you burn a few hundred to a thousand hoard in a battle its not going to make a single bit of noticeable difference in your armor. And maybe I'm just lucky but I tend to get quite a few hoard items as drops.
    Unless you're 1.5 million behind the optimum for your level, and rarely find hoard.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Last night on order someone was commenting that hoard seemed to be dropping better on ice beetles. not sure if it is a lucky streak or if hoard drops were looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Last night on order someone was commenting that hoard seemed to be dropping better on ice beetles. not sure if it is a lucky streak or if hoard drops were looked into.
    Beetles (Mainly Giant Ice Beetles) are best source of hoard at the moment. After that wolves.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Indeed, large amounts of hoard drop of certain creatures. It's all about knowing which ones to slay when you want more drops of various things.

heh, Deth. Looting monsters is like gambling. You have runs of luck.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Beetles (Mainly Giant Ice Beetles) are best source of hoard at the moment. After that wolves.
    That's what I was told too.

I had much better luck when I was fighting Small Grass Beetles for a quest last night. Managed to find 1.8k of hoard for once! I've also been saving up and buying hoard when I can.

Thread Information