View Poll Results: Should both secondary breath weapons be trainable by all dragons?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I would love to be able to use both!

34 60.71%
  • No! Breath weapons are faction based!

9 16.07%
  • No. (but not because of the faction).

4 7.14%
  • Undecided (don't care)

5 8.93%
  • I'm not a dragon, eat me!

4 7.14%

Thread: Here's a different poll based off of LC's

Default Here's a different poll based off of LC's

The true question should be asked:

Does the allowance of both factions to learn both breath weapons make dragons less factioned?

The true question: Do you approve of allowing any dragon to learn all of the breath weapon forms?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default Re: Here's a different poll based off of LC's

No it does not.

Yes I approve of dragons learning all breaths.

It doesn't make them "less factioned" because there wasn't really ever any basis as to why Lunus got lightning and Helian got ice in the first place. I approve of not only this, but not tying anything to faction at all. It's a faction not a class.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

It's okay that both factions get the breath of each other, who says there can't be ice breathing Lunus dragons or lightining breathing Helians?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Combat should never be effected by faction in my opinion.

Both Breath attacks compliment both play styles very well. ice breath adds damage to melee attacks...lighting debuffs foes. before I had to hunt with a Helian to have the benefits of ice breath in combat. Soon i won't. three cheers for that change!
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Absolutely not! I never understood how a physical attribute could be affect your way of thinking/alliance. It never made any sense to me.
    When I chose Lunus, there was no 2nd breath so any choice was taken away from us and I always hated that. If I had known at the time I would have chosen Helian.
    + I always found lighting breath to be totally useless. It doesn't do much damage and takes forever to recycle so I use fire instead. Ice at least freezes, which I use a lot more with my alt.
    I am very happy that we will finally be given the choice of breath.
    Image, ice dragoness }:=P

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post

Does the allowance of both factions to learn both breath weapons make dragons less factioned?

The true question: Do you approve of allowing any dragon to learn all of the breath weapon forms?
    Elder and wise. My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

The breath of life is not that life.

The fire that burns Foe is not the spirit's fire that drives that breath to burn.

That which I am is not fire, is not lightning. Though Lightning it may be, at least in more part than any know and less than any truly understand... including the Fool .

If there be manner in which our nature may do this thing or that, and that manner of the gods' will... then what import need it bear on that which we are? There are those that speak that Helian be mage and Lunus be claw and muscle... aye, and most muscle where Helian bear brain. Does this make Lunus the savage brute such words speak of? No indeed. And do those Lunus that speak of weak and feebled Helian make them so? Pfah. Does Helian come Lunus if it dares strike claw, or Lunus Helian if it casts but one bolt? Thrice pfah, aye and thrice that times three.

We are each and ll more seperate and different from each other than ever we may know... and more the same. Helian, Lunus... why, those two themselves may well not recognise those draku that claim their name these tides.

That which we are, each and all, we are. That which we may do.. is but a rock set rolling down the mountain by that which we are.

Do I approve? Heh.. what matters the approval or no of the least and less... but were it of matter, then let each be as they may be... and dance as they will.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save the Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

It makes no difference.
    The Helian dragons excell in Primal, Lunus in Tooth and Claw.
    Which breath attacks we choose to employ in battle should not be bound by our faction.

We may be different, but I don't see that as a reason why we can not use the same moves. We are all dragons - true fire in our souls or not. In short, I approve of this.

Emphatically no.

Yes.

Anything else I could say has already been said by others here.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I vote, quite enthusiastically, in favor of the release of certain breaths to certain factions. As many have stated before, I don't believe faction should determine combat style at all.

I think the original concept is one where you could only learn knowledge, skills, and abilities based on whom you associate with. That's not an uncommon thing, and works good in stories as well as in some games.

However, the problem is that there is no real wall dividing the factions enough to keep knowledge specialized. The Lunus/Helian faction stuff has become nothing more than a disagreement over flavors of gnome ice cream. It is not the "cold war" that we were led to believe it was from early on.

That's too bad, in a way. Tensions creat conflict, conflict creates story, and thus creates a setting for really interesting roleplay (as well as just general gameplay).

As it stands, it has become "Oh, hi there, wingbrother! I'm Helian." "Oh? Cool.. I'm Lunus." "Neat. Wanna go hunt?" "Sure". IE, it is nothing more than a conversation piece now.

Of course, with the WA being the dominant issue at the moment, there's little incentive to allow the conflict to escalate into an all-out war, but still, it would be nice if there was incentive to RP it as something more than a scale decoration.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Not at all. From a RP aspect, for me atleast, I am a dragon of lightning. I fight with my claws. And as such, I should be able to learn and excel at those skills. at the same time, my philosophy is more in line with the Helian Path. I went Lunus, to have the skills to reflect my desired style, and have recieved some grief about this. Like not being able to quest to attune my close friends to the Lost Colony, even though, the elder Lunus was told to not interfere.

I approve whole heartedly, and I believe, atleast through reading posts that the devs do as well. The latest dev mind has on multiple occasions has mentioned in posts that Faction has no real effect on gameplay, and yet, the bonuses gained both from RoP and ARoP are skewed. I've known a number of Helians (for example) that are tooth and claw fighters, making the helian scale (later crystal) "useless". Same on the other side.

I know I'm ranting a bit, but... this has bugged me for a long time, made worse by some new things (like the attunement quest I can't help others with).
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Of course, with the WA being the dominant issue at the moment, there's little incentive to allow the conflict to escalate into an all-out war, but still, it would be nice if there was incentive to RP it as something more than a scale decoration.
    Wasn't the faction split made exactly to avoid an escalation into an all-out war?
    I am Lunus from the tip of the tail to the top of my horns but I would hate to fight dragonkin.
    Non fiend bipeds are despised by the Lunus, not Helians.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Wasn't the faction split made exactly to avoid an escalation into an all-out war?
    I am Lunus from the tip of the tail to the top of my horns but I would hate to fight dragonkin.
    Non fiend bipeds are despised by the Lunus, not Helians.
    Agreed.

Dragonkin do not wish to fight dragonkin, for the most part.

I believe dragons should be allowed to choose an additional breath weapon to augment thier flame. It should not be faction based, but I also believe it should not be allowed that ALL the breaths be learnable by a single dragon. Choose one additional style and play it, be it ice, lightning, poison, acid, whatever. I would even be for a single choosable breath type to entirely replace flame, but I doubt that would be very popular.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    I believe dragons should be allowed to choose an additional breath weapon to augment thier flame. It should not be faction based, but I also believe it should not be allowed that ALL the breaths be learnable by a single dragon. Choose one additional style and play it, be it ice, lightning, poison, acid, whatever. I would even be for a single choosable breath type to entirely replace flame, but I doubt that would be very popular.

Drev
    Maybe have more options, and a max choice of getting two additional ones? And maybe quests to allow you the 'space' to quest for another? So you could eventually get all but have to work your tail off to do it.

As far as im concerned both breath wpns should be available. But while we are at it i also believe dragons should be given access to flame spells. After all we are dragons of fire and primal. But that is another discussion entirely.

...as long as we get our old models back, we can blow in any hue we like as far as I'm concerned...

Thread Information