Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Request for School Bugs/Issues

Default Re: Request for School Bugs/Issues

Not a true issue, just annoying to have in my ability list... ELAR Ice Arrows ability is masterable, yet has a school restriction of ELAR only. Kind of defeats the whole masterable concept, hehe.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

No, that is incorrect. The base damage is not delay-adjusted. Base Damage, by the way, is calculated using a simple number generator between the min and max.

Maul:
    Damage = 200 + ((230/50)*4.5) + ((180/75)*4.5) - ((212/45)*4.5)
    200 + 20.7 + 10.8 - 21.2
    Damage = 210.3
    Adjusted = 210.3/4.5 = 46.733

Bow:
    Damage = 133 + ((230/50)*3.0) + ((180/75)*3.0) - ((212/45)*3.0)
    133 + 13.8 + 7.2 - 14.13
    Damage = 139.87
    Adjusted = 139.87/3.0 = 46.623

So, I redid my calculations. Multiplying the delay was wrong as its a float. Here are the final. So, technically yes the Maul does 0.110 more damage per second than the bow. I should note, however, that the one part I am not taking into account here is the Gaussian deviation applied to the final damage total (but it can go no more than 10% either direction for standard damage).
    Sorry for bringing up such an old post, but I think there is one glaring aspect that's missing from the discussion.

And that's special abilities such as critical strike and multistrike. It may be true that weapons are vaguely equal to each other when it comes to normal damage, but a nice fat (and slow) 2-hander is going to make a mockery of the faster weapons when you use damage enchancing abilities.

To further explain what I mean :

Let's assume that mauls and bows can use all the same abilities, and that the people using them have the same stats and that the weapons do their damage mods based on the same stats etc. etc. In other words, let's assume that mauls and bows are identical in ALL respects aside from their base damage and base delay.

Let's also assume that people with these weapons are constantly attacking (this is not true in the game, people aren't attacking while they move onto new mobs.) Let's also asusme that people use abilities the very instant that it becomes available (again, this isn't true.)

Crit strike V, has, what, a 300% damage boost?

That means that once every 5 minutes, a maul will have an attack that does 210 * 3 = 630 damage. The bow will do 140 * 3 = 420 damage.

5 minutes = 300 seconds. 630 - 420 = 210. 210 / 300 = 0.7

So just from critical strike alone, the average DPS has shifted by .7 in favour of the maul.

Add in multistrike IV which does 5 instantaneous attacks :

(210 * 5) - (140 * 5) = 350. 350 / 120 = 2.916

Multistrike moves the DPS in favour of the maul by another 3 points. Just from these two abilities, the Maul gained ~3.5 DPS over the Bow.

I asked a guildie to do a simple experiment with me. We have similar strength and similar weapon skills. He uses an axe, while I use handwraps. In my favour I also have a veteran dark garnet weapon crystal (which he does not have on that character). We both did a crit strike without any unusual damage buffs (such as power style etc.). He scored over 1300. I scored under 700. That's a damage difference of over 500. 500 damage over 5 minutes is a lot, especially when you consider the fact that it is quite rare for a player to have a monster to fight even half of the time they're hunting.

And THIS is the reason why people favour the big and heavy weapons in the game. THIS is the reason why people avoid the low delay weapons. Veteran players have accumulated many MANY damage boosting abilities. At short notice I can think of : critical strike, multistrike, unbridled energy, nature's fury, power style.

Each of these abilities favours the bigger but slower weapons (except maybe power style). If you truly which to talk about all weapons being equal, then you HAVE to take these abilities into account, and currently this is not being done at all.

To be honest, I'm not really sure how the problem should be addressed. One option may be to modify the ability recycle based on delay (quicker weapons have the luxury of having abilities which recharge faster). Another option may just be to boost the effectiveness of the small and quick weapons slightly. Yet another option may be to somehow remove the delay part of the damage calculations when using special abilities (this one, imo, would be the most elegant solution - and I have to say, doing the same crit damage with my handwraps as someone with a huuuuuge maul would certainly make me grin).

Either way, right now it really isn't fair to say that all weapons are equal. Cuz quite frankly, they aren't.

Quick Feet 2 (+8 speed augmentation) overwrites Nature's Path (+40 speed?). ((quoting this from memory))

8 > 40? That doesn't seem right. If anything the superior speed buff should overwrite the lesser one.
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

I would like to know why recent change to the evasive style an forest mist ability no longer stack, the forest mist if im right is 120% increase to base evade skill , an the evasive style 2 is a +81 i just to know why they recently don't stack like they always have done until just recently. I just feel if its not broken dont fix it cause i just see no reason to make those two abilites not stackable

Starlight, I believe this change happened when the devs fixed it so that evasive style/winds of fury no longer overwrites spirit form/forest mist.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    Starlight, I believe this change happened when the devs fixed it so that evasive style/winds of fury no longer overwrites spirit form/forest mist.
    Pretty sure Winds of Fury still overwrites Forest Mist though.

This has always been something that kind of bothered me.

Enhance and Raise buffs:

Armor
    Health
    Power
    Focus
    Strength
    Dexterity

If I'm playing a Scout for instance what purpose do I have in buffing my Power or Focus? Not much. Well if you want to play the class as it should be then why not be able to give yourself the buffs that best suit your play style and not have them overwritten by each other.

I propose being able to cast buffs in this manner, and having them linked in this way.

Armor - Health
    Focus - Dexterity
    Power - Strength

This might bug some people but at least to me it makes sense.

As it is now though Strength and Dexterity overwrite each other, which is odd because as a melee or physical damaging class you kind of want these buffs. Power and Focus do the same.

If its an issue to make it so you stay limited to only three buffs then why not make enhance/raise slots like gifts have. That way none of them have to overwrite each other.

I know this probably does not fit the topic well but I thought about it while reading through.
    Josiah Elvinhoard - Lvl 100 Ranger, Lvl 100 Scout, Lvl 100 Druid, Lvl 100 Healer and Lvl 100 Fletcher...

Im sorry in advance but i simply dont buy that , there was nothing wrong with evasive style and forest mist stack, evasive style 2 overwrites forest mist, second why was time wasted on breaking two useful biped abilities, when ONLY the user got the buff from evasive style, another question is if a biped already used evasive style they cant use forest mist now not only for themselves but for all group member, and if all members are dragons then well i guess that means the biped cant use evasive style then?

My request- Can Demonskin ablative(demonskin staff) be made to stack with conjuerer's glaring quills. Seems kind of weird it doesn't because it stacks just fine with both cloak of thorns and pulsing spectrum.

To a lesser extent (like a "haha I doubt you'll even consider it but I am throwing it out there anyways.")-can "summon ice elemental" and "summon flame elemental" offer more than just 8 uses? Most of the conjuerer's abilities don't run out on a timer but rather the number of hits you take or the amount of damage you take. (ie abilitiy removes after 20 hits or another removes after 200 damage). This usually leads to having to recast abilities constantly thus using up the 8 elemental uses very quickly. Not to mention conjuerer has several abilities that consume that same elemental (ie both Dancing Rapiers and Ice Barrier both consume 1 ice elemental so you lose 2 out of the 8 ice elementals right off the bat for just casting.)
    I'll even take a shortening of the 15 min recycle that the summon ice/flame elementals have.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Unsticking this because most of these issues have been addressed and this thread is really old.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information