Thread: Buff Valkor Weapons

Default Buff Valkor Weapons

Before I start off, I do want to say that the Valkor epic weapons are nice; however I do feel that they are underpowered. After comparing the Valkor weapons to the Demon (SoG) weapons it seems that there is no need to use the Valkor weapons after obtaining the Demon Weapons.

I don't know if everyone agrees with me or not but Valkor is as tough if not tougher than Son of Gigaroth and it would only make sense to align the weapons to be of similar balance. I am not stating to make the weapons completely the same but give them balance to one another. I want to have a reason to use my Valkor weapons after obtaining my SoG weapons.

Buff the Valkor weapons to have different statistics but with equal balance to the Demon weapons. What do you think? Does anyone agree with me?

Thanks,
    Frons
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Default Re: Buff Valkor Weapons

I'm not sure about all the relevant stats, and how they line up, but as I recall, SoG's weapons (for example) are earned from a single drop. Valkor's are found in 5 pieces and a form, all of which only drop from Valkor (now) and as such, require MANY MANY more kills to make any one weapon, let alone all of them.

That fact alone should increase their power over the other "similar" weapons due to the difficulty to get the.

Just my 2cps worth.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I agree too, the Demon weapons are now utterly overpowered compared to the reklar and valkor weapons. They need to be pushed and be in a line with the Demon weapons. They should not be identical but other

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

i dont know the powers of the biped weapons so i cant tell yes or no

but the dragons weapons are unique and both very very usefull, if you make them more powerfull ok ^^ but dont nerf them

I think the problem is that many many people have Valkor weapons now. They are pretty common. I have a Bloodthorn Bow and honestly it is inferior to a level 95 crafted weapon by quite some ways. Mainly because of the 40 delay on it. It would be an interesting weapon for a scout though I think, cause they can't cast Ethereal Paroxysm.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    I have a Bloodthorn Bow and honestly it is inferior to a level 95 crafted weapon by quite some ways.
    I just got a lvl 95 bow and xbow (triple socketed) and Gopher is right, these bows are more superior than the Bloodthorn Bow. Something here doesn't make sense.

Once again this post is not intended to nerf the Demon weapons but to get the Valkor weapons more in line of an epic status.
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Well if I recalled.... that was the whole point. Crafted weapons are always supposed to be better than weapons that dropped from mobs. So technically an "epic" isn't really an "epic" like you expect it to be. Usually it is just a really cool looking thing you can use to show off to all your friends who don't have it, which isn't a bad thing either.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

The epic "power" is a very delicate matter.

In other games like WoW the phenomenon of epics escalated so much that they are now the basic gear everyone has them. Crafting is completely dead there, small group adventuring is dead as well.

Horizons puts a great importance in crafting. Epics already have a natural "strong attraction factor" for the fact they give a feeling of having something rare.
    If you start buffing epics, the instant they become better than craftable gear, no one will use crafted gear any more and T5 crafting will suddenly die.

The fact you find a "direct drop" epic weaker than another that requires multiple parts finds a justification in the supposedly longer time it takes to acquire the multiple parts.

In my opinion what's blatantly wrong in the whole epics handlement, is that with the new epic bosses repop ratio it takes less effort to get an epic item than crafting it.
    Epic bosses, moreover, are a pushover. I raided a lot in WoW, I don't believe there is a single encounter easier than the hardest boss here.

Compare going to waste an afternoon in some satyr isle to gather the elusive reagents to the same time to get one epic plus spare bits plus epic "pieces" you can resell or trade, get another epic weapon done and instant easy 5g made.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Agree much with Vahrokh.
    Especially the part about it being a delicate matter.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

However:

Most of these epics are Crafted save the demon weapons.

You have to have something to use while obtaining the epics, therefore there will still always be a need for crafted gear.

The crafting "market" for gear similiar to the epics is esentially non-existent, because if your guild doesn't make it for you for free, some other crafter will. It's already bred into the playerbase that gear/weapons/tools/spells do not need payed for.

Potions, Food, and Construction are the only paying crafts. Or resources such as orbs and bars. With or without these epic weapons, and regardless of how good or bad they were, there still wouldn't be a market for the crafted equivalents.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    The fact you find a "direct drop" epic weaker than another that requires multiple parts finds a justification in the supposedly longer time it takes to acquire the multiple parts.
    You have that backwards though. The Valkor weapons are in pieces, requiring large amounts of time to get, and the SoG weapons are direct drop. The SoG weapons are far more powerful than the Valkor weapons. That seems kinda backward to me.

I agree with the overall sentiment of keeping Epics at the same level as the best crafted weapons, albeit with different, cool effects that aren't available on crafted weapons (like the fact that the Bloodthorn Bow casts Ethereal Paroxysm. That's neat while not being overpowered).

Personally the new Demon weapons make me go Ò_ó. I think they're superior enough to crafted weapons that they might lead to the problem you mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Potions, Food, and Construction are the only paying crafts. Or resources such as orbs and bars. With or without these epic weapons, and regardless of how good or bad they were, there still wouldn't be a market for the crafted equivalents.
    Yup, that's a big problem. Nothing is consumable, so the market is saturated with all non-consumable items. As the market slowly saturated the price dropped, and dropped, and dropped, and now it has reached zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Horizons puts a great importance in crafting. Epics already have a natural "strong attraction factor" for the fact they give a feeling of having something rare.
    If you start buffing epics, the instant they become better than craftable gear, no one will use crafted gear any more and T5 crafting will suddenly die.
    Not really. I have 15 different claws and about that many scale sets. The beauty of HZ is that every mob has it's strengths and weaknesses against certain attacks. Even if one (epic item) were to be better than crafted, it would be just that-only better when used against a certain type or group of types of mobs. There is still a need for the other dozen or half dozen weapons and armor.

The Demon weapons are way more superior than any crafted weapon in game; are you telling us that they should be nerfed?

This post got side tracked and the fact of the matter is that the Valkor Weapons should be buffed to align them with the Demon Weapons.
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Really all they need to add is just some bonus stats to them an id say they are equal. The effects on them are pretty good and may just need a greater chance to hit.

Would it be to much to ask that instead of nerfing the demong weapons, thus making them worthless in the long run, that maybe a new epic formula should be included with a epic mob kill, so fletchers could craft a uber weapon.
    I regret I have but one life to waste for Istaria!

I spoke up about this in the blight update thread that introduced the new demon weapon statistics.

Valkor's gear is vastly weaker. His are harder to make since they are in piece form. granted when marrows dropped them they werent harder to get, but...now they are again and should be in line with the demon gear.

I'm thinking weaken the Demon gear or boost the Blood gear. At present, other than the area effect paroxysm proc (Blood Talon). The Valkor weapons have little use. (unless you want a good two hander as a paladin, then the demon axe isn't an option...though the demonogii is a nice blade in its own right... yeah...Valkors lot needs a boost to be usable.

That's my opinion posted yet again, albeit in another thread.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Frons Von Frik View Post
    The Demon weapons are way more superior than any crafted weapon in game; are you telling us that they should be nerfed?

This post got side tracked and the fact of the matter is that the Valkor Weapons should be buffed to align them with the Demon Weapons.
    With the proper crystal configuration or depending on the situation the crafted items are still better at times. The demon gear is quite close to better thouhg yes, and in some situations, you are quite correct. Simply saying thats not 100% true.

I am still saying the demon gear should be nerfed some yes.

BTW we are forgetting Reklar's gear...most of which has a downside and the other weapons (aside from the Bloodthorn staff) do not have a flaw. Maybe these need increase also. (I'm not antagonizing), I'm stating an honest opinion in regards to Reklar, he's no pushover to kill and most of his gear wasn't used prior to the Demon weapon increases.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

The Bloodthorn Staff is a real sore point for me. It is similar to a Boar's Hide Mask, except that it gives the buff to the mob! What's with that? How is that a "debuff"?

If that's a debuff, then please, PLEASE give mobs the ability to cast that debuff. Cause I'd just hate to have that debuff cast on me. While you're at it give mobs a +1000 strength debuff to toss on us to.

Wow, it really does that?

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    If that's a debuff, then please, PLEASE give mobs the ability to cast that debuff. Cause I'd just hate to have that debuff cast on me. While you're at it give mobs a +1000 strength debuff to toss on us to.
    And whatever you do, do not let them debuff us with a 50% attack speed decrease and a 5000 health heal! Especially if the health comes once every 5 seconds and the debuff lasts for 5 days!

I am on the side of buffing up the Valk and Rek gear. I hate the word nerf and the changes to the deamon gear is nice. I just hope they advance those changes and pass them on the other items provided by Valk and Rek.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Thread Information