Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: loot options

Default loot options

if you kill masses of enemies then looting (one of the greatest things) changes to a pain

what about loot options when you start a group:

1) only the leader can loot
    2) all can loot
    3) dragons get the hoard items (automatic divided between the dragons)

if you join the group then you see a pop up: do you accept this loot rules

then the best option:
    there will be only one loot window (with all added stuff of the dead monster horde) in list form and a button: take all ^^

Default Re: loot options

4) share loot by chance
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

5) If you're not in a group, automatic loot so you don't have to worry about missing any.

Strongly agreed with this, the loot system especially for groups in unacceptable. Most other MMORPGs have a similar loot system:

1) Loot to group leader
    2) Roll to loot (random number generator)
    3) Need before Greed (random option with priority with member who 'need' the loot)
    4) Ordered loot (Loot is granted to a specified member starting with the leader, and picking a different member for each looted mob) Roll to Loot is initiated when specified member passes on loot or if a time period passes.

Also there should be option to indicate that you pass on the loot when a Roll is required

Vanguard has a terrible looting system when it was first released, it was one of reasons I stopped playing it. It is still a major negative in Horizons. It should be simply enough to implement. Boggles the mind WHY it wasn't implemented at release, 90% of MMOs have a similar system.

Hatchling Dragon of Chaos, following the path of Lunus___ ___DRAG 38 / DCRA 55
    Ofnir, Sslik of Chaos. WAR 14 CLRC 10 MAGE 10 SPRT 14 / OUT 10 ARM 10

Because Istarians aren't thieves?

I actually like the fact that everyone asks if the other group members want something. If it's a high item, we do roll for it. I don't see this feature as something that is incredibly needed as it is done so already.

yes yes we need this.

all those doubleclicks and then even another click on the button in a difrent place for 1 loot and then alot of times if mass hunting, to keep the field empty, are baaaaaad and cause rsi. looting is more hard then the actual hunting (strain on the wrists and the body of the player)

its why most hunters have a low level loot boy to acompany them, look at it like some kind of shield-bearer but then diffrent hehe.

vacancy:loot-boy required as of today
    reward:loads of xp
    job-description:loot mobs and hand over their content to the boss
    skills required:minimum of 200 clicks a minute, high mouse accuracy and RSI- immume wrists/arms.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

you can always make an autoloot hotkey - that's what i do...
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thangorodrim Atanatari View Post
    yes yes we need this.

all those doubleclicks and then even another click on the button in a difrent place for 1 loot and then alot of times if mass hunting, to keep the field empty, are baaaaaad and cause rsi. looting is more hard then the actual hunting (strain on the wrists and the body of the player)

its why most hunters have a low level loot boy to acompany them, look at it like some kind of shield-bearer but then diffrent hehe.
    You can set up a macro and bind it to a key so only one click on the window. An autoloot feature would be handy, now that you mention it. That would make it no clicks just button press.

Edit: oh?
    Last edited by Shian; May 28th, 2008 at 07:41 AM.

Whats that macro for fast looting? Something I do find annoying is that there is no option to set autoloot so you click to loot and automatically take everything.

I know about /snc and /loot... is there others?

how you use this to loot 20 dead blights on a pile?

Set up setscale, set up a hotkey with /snc, /loot and /setscale to make the looted mob small. Then walk around a bit and loot all. That's the best way I know of.
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

please improve the looting thing

a click orgy to frustrate the hunters is not an intended feature?

another suggestion:

pls let us change/save the position of the loot window, its in the centre of the screen, thats not very "good" ^^ you cannot loot other bodies when its blocked with the "old" loot window

or that you cannot loot empty corpses? cannot click on them? or reduce the decaying time for looted bodies?

i know some bodies are needed for the Mob resurections, but maybe you should make new "looted" bodies ^^
    Last edited by Vlisson; June 4th, 2008 at 11:15 AM.

anyway this looting is a problem in my opinion

i would like to see any fix that would remove the click orgy as vlisson calls it.. its very bad for my wrists.

add on: what about an option to disable to loot trinkets? or resources?

That'd be convenient, for sure. But also, I think part if the game is that you might just find them sometimes. I don't think they need to implement that unless they really feel like it. It only encourages laziness, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    5) If you're not in a group, automatic loot so you don't have to worry about missing any.
    I always just looted a corpse and hit my setscale hotkey. Shrinking it to nothing. Then it was easy to click the next corpse. Especially when they were stacked on each other.

I would seriously love a 'take all' check box in options. So if you have it ticked - any body you loot, you automatically take all.

I would love to have a "Junk Corpse" option, so that you can delete the corpse after you loot it so that you can loot the next without having to use setscale.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua View Post
    I always just looted a corpse and hit my setscale hotkey. Shrinking it to nothing. Then it was easy to click the next corpse. Especially when they were stacked on each other.
    That's what I do. But you still miss loot if it's from, say, the very first mob in a group that falls and you can't select it with everyone else. Though, I guess there is that /snc that I didn't know about until reading about it just recently...

Thread Information