Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Khutit Form Mod

Default Re: Khutit Form Mod

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoonwolf View Post
    ? whold u still have your Khutit from ? can u still see the khutit from whit this mod and hit a hot key to chang in to the hachling ? ? and were can i find the Ancient mod at as well ? and why is it that we see the change from dragon to Khutit but not khutit to dragon ?
    You still have khutit form; all this does is change what khutit looks like. You aren't getting an extra form, you are replacing what khutits look like. You see the change from dragon to khutit because that animation is for the adult dragon. The khutit to dragon one is a khutit animation, and you can't see it if you have changed khutits to look like hatchlings.

Also, for anyone interested, I posted how to change hatchlings to adults and ancients, as well as a workaround for the horrible camera angle in the character creation screen when looking at the bigger models.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

i dont have the mode yet : ) i was juset windering if i do get it . is the khutit from as well as the hachling from or it juset overrights the khutit from : ) and if anyone knows were to find the Ancient mod ? were i can see what i'b look like when i get to Ancient ?
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

It overwrites khutit form; it is not a new form. Also, that ancient "mod" works exactly the same way and can be found in the thread I posted in my last post.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

when you say ancient mod, do you mean the ancient size mod the ancient sound mod or the ancient bounding box fix mod?

This is byond cute. I'm going "D'aaaaaawwwwwww" at my khutit/hatchie over ere XD
    Love the mod :3

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    when you say ancient mod, do you mean the ancient size mod the ancient sound mod or the ancient bounding box fix mod?
    to look ahead and see what youd look like as a Ancient and Adult : ) i found it ^^ heh trying to find a good look for a haclhing and adult and the ancient ^^ : )
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

hmm this mod sounds interesting but the link is dead. by chance anyone has the mod can post it here again?

Which mod?

The original ancient size mod or the khutit form mod?
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Which mod?

The original ancient size mod or the khutit form mod?
    the khutit form mod. i would like to turn into a hatchling every now and then. I might end up using it more, when i craft and all . better to target nodes plus i dont have to see a khutit sqing a ait to collect somthing.

I'm interested in the mod as well; the gathering animations, and even for battle could be cool too, etc. The khutit form looks kinda... meh.

I'd love to see someone come up with a khutit form mod that makes the khutit look like a draconian with wings or something, and have a better gathering animation, or something.

But, until then.... hatchling would be better than khutit.

Edit: Here's a curious question... how did you handle the morph animation? In the original game files, when you use Dragon Form or Khutit Form, there's a short animation of the wings disappearing/appearing and the character standing up/getting on all fours during the morph... how does the game handle that with this mod? Does your character simply disappear and reappear in the new form?

I dont have a copy of the khutit mod but i had a brief look tonight at the def files and I think i can see how it was done.

Ill have a closer look at the weekend.

Looks like its to do with the khutit_u.ent file and the associated def file in the string line "string chardef = "khutit_u_char.def""
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Edit: Here's a curious question... how did you handle the morph animation? In the original game files, when you use Dragon Form or Khutit Form, there's a short animation of the wings disappearing/appearing and the character standing up/getting on all fours during the morph... how does the game handle that with this mod? Does your character simply disappear and reappear in the new form?
    The animation won't change. You will see the same shrinking down to bipedal form with the wings vanishing into the back as you normally would. When the game changes the character race to khutit, the model will vanish and the hatchling will load if you changed the ent file.

all that is need to do is head to
    Istaria\resources\entities\characters

find

dragonj_u.ent

open this file in notepad and copy the contents of the txt

close file, and open

khutit_u.ent

delete all txt and paste the contents in this folder.

find

dragonj_u.ent

close file, and open

khutit_u.ent

thanks a ton blue.

find

dragonj_u.ent

close file, and open

khutit_u.ent

I assume you could copy dragonj_u.ent to the desktop, rename it to khutit_u.ent and then stick it in

\Istaria\resources_override\entities\characters

so that you don't end up modifying core files?

That is just what I did and it works fine. You just have to make sure there is no other khutit_u.ent file in resources_override, else they will conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphaz Bladewing View Post
    That is just what I did and it works fine. You just have to make sure there is no other khutit_u.ent file in resources_override, else they will conflict.
    The is one with the Sound Emotes Pack (fix for Khutit emotes).
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    The is one with the Sound Emotes Pack (fix for Khutit emotes).

.....which is moot if you're not even going to use the khutit form at all....

Sure thing, but this comment was more for files conflict issues.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    .....which is moot if you're not even going to use the khutit form at all....
    depends. On chaos there are plenty of other players who will be using cosigners or crafting with you.
    Common courtesy to not to bipeds but to smaller dragons is to atleast khutit as you do your buisness around them. Just /setscale 0 makes you small but not to them thus being utterly rude as you force other players to have to setscale you to get to that cosigner.

Thread Information