Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 142

Default Re: Blight Delta 142

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    How is the DC form acquired now? On Live I can go to the Nature tower and it is available on Iseru in exhange for Nature Tokens. On Blight it does not show up in the trade list. This is with the same character copied over very recently. I did the DC quest years ago on this character.

Drev
    This is what the patch 142 means about DC and SB:

The "formula to craft the spell" will be attuned. You take 75 Nature Lore tokens to Iseru, and you now will get an "Attuned" formula that cannot be traded. This is to stop people who can't craft the spell, the ability to buy it and give it away or sell it, as it takes a tremendous amount of effort to get the 75 Nature Lore Tokens needed.

Basically, if a dragon is capable of scribing the spell, that a dragon or scholar should run out and get NLTs from friends, or quest for them, so they can buy the attuned formula. I guess it is to either stimulate the sale of Nature tokens, or remove DC (and SB) from being sold on connies.

The crafted spell you can give away to anyone.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    I guess it is to either stimulate the sale of Nature tokens, or remove DC (and SB) from being sold on connies.
    They cant anyway because you need special things to craft the spells, like for the SB the soul of the knight that you get only during the quest, and for DC you need the tempest things and storm whisp essence, also only obtainable during quest.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Dragon's Reach - I can not notice what the particle effect for it should be.
    Spiked Scales - I like this trigger effect.
    Bite - I think I saw this particle, is it a sort of yellow flash?
    Refreshing Breeze - To small to really see on an ancient dragon, or at least the modded dragon. I can bearly see it so it may be fine on a unmodded dragons.
    Ravage - I think I saw this particle, is it a sort of yellow flash? I am not sure now if it was the bit or this one I saw a yellow flash on.

Sandstone golems never when sleep that I saw outside of Pars. I flew and stood on the ground for about 10 min.
    I have found the same to be true.

I very much like the change to Drain Strike's hoard cost. Though the expenditure is of little consequence to me, I approve of putting it at a lower level to make it more in line with Silver Strike and Gold Rage, in terms of cost.

With the faction breath being 1 min. and the old breath of fire being 30 seconds sharing a timer seems semi-counter productive. I'm not just saying "I don't want them to share timers". Having BoL recharge every minute and BoF 3 taking 30 seconds, I found myself rarely using one or the other. Potentially unlink the timers or put the faction breath on a 2:00 recycle? Also I haven't done the opposing faction breath quest (breath of Ice), is that to be linked to both BoL and BoF 3?

I would suggest having both faction breaths on the same timer and BoF on a seperate timer, much like BoFB is seperate.

I'll test more later.
    Last edited by Silverblaze; May 29th, 2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: typos, my usual
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    I have a other question, is the dragon tool socket finally fixed on blight? Because on Live it it still bugged when you log out with the equipped claw and log back in, the claw lands in your inventory and when you try to reequip it it says "requirements not met". The claw only works again if you put the crystals out and "reset" the claw with putting it in a silo/house/lair. Very annoying.

Workaround is if you put the crystals out of the claw before logging out, but meh.
    I too am wondering about this.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    I have found the same to be true.

I very much like the change to Drain Strike's hoard cost. Though the expenditure is of little consequence to me, I approve of putting it at a lower level to make it more in line with Silver Strike and Gold Rage, in terms of cost.

With the faction breath being 1 min. and the old breath of fire being 30 seconds sharing a timer seems semi-counter productive. I'm not just saying "I don't want them to share timers". Having BoL recharge every minute and BoF 3 taking 30 seconds, I found myself rarely using one or the other. Potentially unlink the timers or put the faction breath on a 2:00 recycle? Also I haven't done the opposing faction breath quest (breath of Ice), is that to be linked to both BoL and BoF 3?

I would suggest having both faction breaths on the same timer and BoF on a seperate timer, much like BoFB is seperate.

I'll test more later.

I partly agree. The timer needs to be adjust for the reasons Silverbalze said ; though I think the 'faction' breaths and BoF timers should stay linked, the 'faction' breaths timer should be slightly longer. 2 minutes seems a good time : you could use BoF twice before it recycles, which makes more sense with the new breah of Ice changes.

In my opinion I don't think that the faction breaths should be available to every dragon.. Helians have a longer and harder RoP and higher requirements to complete it as well. I don't really feel its fair that we have to work harder to be the same

Quote Originally Posted by Syndel View Post
    In my opinion I don't think that the faction breaths should be available to every dragon.. Helians have a longer and harder RoP and higher requirements to complete it as well. I don't really feel its fair that we have to work harder to be the same
    I agree that Helian RoP is harder, but I don't see why it's an argument not to have both faction breath. I personally don't like the current Breath of Ice, the new one seems much better.

Well, I just feel that why should helians have to do more work and meet the higher requirements to be exactally the same?

Well, I just feel that why should helians have to do more work and meet the higher requirements to be exactally the same?
    yeah I agree with that, I've posted about that multiple times, but it has nothing to do with dragon Breaths.

Actually, it does, i was asking why both factions were getting them both.

Actually, it does, i was asking why both factions were getting them both.
    You may find an answer there : http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...=dragon+breath

not all post are worth reading to find that info though.

My issue with the DC form is that it was unavailable to me on my Ranger that had already completed the quest long ago and had tokens but had not yet purchased the form. Iseru told me I was not ready or whatever his message is for people who don't qualify. He had no clickable dialogue option to trade tokens for the form, nor did he have it in shop inventory. I went to Order and purchased it without issue from the trade window.

Drev

You are right. RoP should become available only if you are 50 ADV and 50 DCRA and playing since 1 month, not within the first 2-3 days of subscribing. I find the "barely legal" powerlevelled dragons an insult to the importance and life changing event of becoming adult.

Moreover, Lunus should only be able to complete their RoP with exclusively dragon help. They chose not to consort with Nakas, they pay the fee.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    You are right. RoP should become available only if you are 50 ADV and 50 DCRA and playing since 1 month, not within the first 2-3 days of subscribing. I find the "barely legal" powerlevelled dragons an insult to the importance and life changing event of becoming adult.

Moreover, Lunus should only be able to complete their RoP with exclusively dragon help. They chose not to consort with Nakas, they pay the fee.

*Blinks* That is an RP issue, I think, and should not be mandated by the game mechanics nor by fellow players. If the quest is available at level 30, then, (advisable or not) IMHO there is nothing wrong with taking it at level 30. I'm not much into power leveling, either, but I don't imagine myself possessed of the right to tell someone else how to play a game. (And, this IS a game...remember?) It is life changing to your pixels...(key word, pixels).

The concept of restricting any quest, including the RoP quest, to those who have played a certain length of time (level notwithstanding) seems inappropriate to me. ("Barely legal" implies that there is, in fact, a "legal" and an "illegal" method...is there one? I may have missed that when reading the game rules).

You pays yer sub, you makes yer choices.

As for a no-naka rule for lunus RoP, that is ridiculous. It may be true that the Helian RoP is harder than the Lunus (I would have no idea, lunus all the way), but that would overbalance things the opposite direction. As my mate says, "lunus might not like humans but they are no fools". (I tend to think the "but" should be replaced with "therefore", hehe).

All that being said...I fear we may have tipped over the edge of this thread topic a little, here. *Grabs the end of the rope...(at which I am about, with all this "early" RoP junk), and tugs the post back on topic.*

The shared "faction" breath concept seems fine to me, tied, as they are, with one timer, so that no-one can use both at a time, despite that both are possessed. At the same time, I would not much miss ice breath, should it revert back to a helian-only skill. I completely understand why Helians are dismayed at having to share it.

I have never seen a sleeping sand golem, unless they sleep walk, and I watched for them quite awhile.

I love the new effects for dragon spells. Some are subtle in comparison to others, but all look nice. Further, I feel the hoard cost for Drain strike is reasonable, and I like how the spell works now.

Great job, again, devs!

RE: BoFIII: A friend and I had started the quest just days before it was reworked, so it disappeared from our quest logs with the latest delta. Upon starting it again this evening, it gave us the same steps (which were quite clear) that it had before...with one exception..."upon returning to speak to kelakhan about the rune" we repeatedly (three times) got the message "you already have a quest from this source , you must complete or abort it before getting a new one". It did allow the quest, and kelakhan's dialog to progress, however.

RE: Cauldron workshop: This is a biped construction...no? (Just to clarify)

aine, thanks for the report on bof3. and yes, cauldron structure is a biped plot structure.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I couldn't check out the breath spells as I had never gotten round to romping round the deadlands, but all the other skills I took a peek at. I can only say that the new animations and stuff added to skills really helps with giving a player some well needed feedback, let them know their skill did something while they are too busy to read the combat log scrolling a mile a minute. In short, thank you, the skills look great.

I noticed though, I had a hard time trying to take off while these animations were playing... might just be me.
    Last edited by RuneDragoon; May 31st, 2008 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    I noticed though, I had a hard time trying to take off while these animations were playing... might just be me.
    It may be that you can take off while the animations are playing, but that the game won't play the take off animation while the other animations are playing. I often start running from mobs while my animations are playing; I move, but the running animation doesn't start (in some cases) until the previous animation has finished playing out.

Looked at the golems... although they stand and move less frequently, they cannot be gathered from while they sleep. If standing around is 'sleeping', that is.

"Cannot gather while alive."

When I get the fixed file patched instead of standing when they aren't moving, they will look like a big resource node.

And yes, you cannot harvest from a golem while it is still alive. Seems pretty logical to me
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information