Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: About Guild plots and Lair communities

Default Re: About Guild plots and Lair communities

Yep Parsinia is probably one of the better designed areas. The plots are for the most part too large for fire's suggestion there tho, and a little pricey. 15-30s is probably what I'd be asking for the 25x25's.

What I like about the suggestion it is that a new player can quicky establish themselves in the spot. However, we really don't want to encourage these players to stay in that area, eventually they should want to upgrade their plots and move away, allowing other new players in.

Anyway, thats a bit offtopic and would be a long term project.

As I said in my last post, Guild communities should be for the longer term established players/guilds. Plots should be med to large in size for the most part, with maybe a few smalls for adventurers (no tiny's!).

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Also, another point that hasn't been dicussed, is the 4 lair communities.

Istaria seriously lacks in lair-only guild communities. I strongly advise to add more of those, maybe smaller ones, all around Aradoth. There are many places where they could be added (I want a lair in the Barasavian desert ! ). In addition, to allow guilds to own one of those communities in addition to the two biped ones they have, would ensure a guild to provide the needed lairs to its dragons.
    Let me touch on this one for a moment. As Zex pointed out there are only 4 dragon lair guild plots. Some points that I notice:

• Only 3 of these plots are even available. Kir'Drakul was added in September of 2007 and has not yet been put up for sale even on blight for testing purposes.
    • Of the 4 dragon guild plots only 1 can be reached by bipeds without bugs and even then it's a risky trip and would take about 30 minutes to do so. It effectively excludes bipeds from dragon communities.
    • Biped guild plots exist with dragon lairs as part of the community but dragon guild plots with biped plots do not exist.

My main character is a Helian dragon and he is rather fond of bipeds. He is a guild master of and it's membership is largely dragon but there are a couple of bipeds to help provide some essential services (The death point revamp has made confectioner an essential class in many minds). Now again looking at the idea of having people work together to make a community where could such a thing be accomplished currently? What I'm looking for is 5 or 6 dragons getting together to build a community and have a good sized plot for confectioner and or alchemy work?.

I would appreciate any comments on how I could find such a place.

Only 3 of these plots are even available. Kir'Drakul was added in September of 2007 and has not yet been put up for sale even on blight for testing purposes.
    Of the 4 dragon guild plots only 1 can be reached by bipeds without bugs and even then it's a risky trip and would take about 30 minutes to do so. It effectively excludes bipeds from dragon communities.
    Not strictly related, but still an issue: the lairs are too few anyway, moreover every about "sea level" lair I visited, is bugged and unusable, as you drown (apparently the game only checks for height, <= 0 height = sea even if you are on land or in a cavern).
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Not strictly related, but still an issue: the lairs are too few anyway, moreover every about "sea level" lair I visited, is bugged and unusable, as you drown (apparently the game only checks for height, <= 0 height = sea even if you are on land or in a cavern).
    Sorry...couldn't help but chuckle when I read this. Yup...kinda makes things difficult when you drown in your own lair.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Thread Information