Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see fixed?

Default What would you like to see fixed?

Hello again. I am reassured by my last post and the very polite and well thought replies that it has received, enough to post again, with a new question.

I do not wish this to turn into a brangling match, or a chance to vent.

What I would like to know, is what corrections you would like to see to dragons. This is not new things added, this is not a dream sheet. Dragons currently have a few things that do not function correctly and I am certain I do not know them all and thought this might be a good place to gather them together to look at.

For instance:

The effect of the bi-ped equipment window appearing if you leave your equipment window open when you log out or get dropped.

The colour change when changing from Khutit back to Dragon form. (Though, I admit, I kind of think it an amusing trick to play on new players to see us change colours)

I know there are a few others, I just can't think of them off hand. If you can think of specific things of this nature please post them here so that we may get one compiled list. This is not a complaint, this is merely a means of gathering together for ease of viewing a few specific things that could be fixed and improve game play to the current game. This is not asking for additions, merely the address of current issues.

Thank you in advance for keeping this short, specific and polite.
    Tempests
    Last edited by Tempests; May 30th, 2008 at 08:31 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    Bring me my Broadsword, and clear understanding.

Default Re: What would you like to see fixed?

I would like to hear a roar animation when the /standandroar emote is used, but other than that no fixes for dragons come to mind
    Melanath- level 100 ADV/ 60 DCRA -
    Shas Mackard- Saris Berserker/Outfitter et al

For Lunus, for Dralk! Death before Dishonour!

Thank you, again, though, this is not a wish list, please keep it to current items that need corrections, wishes can come later.

What annoys me the most is the silly crafting claw bug that is still ingame *raaaaaaa* =P

Yeah i would also like the current dragon models fixed, holes in the head os not on vouge at the moment =P

Oh and also i would like to have to color my horns in white or a other color rather than using a mod to do this.

I would also like to have a red tongue and a red mouth =P

I would like to hear a roar animation when the /standandroar emote is used, but other than that no fixes for dragons come to mind
    I think you want to try the dragon sound mod: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17236

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

[What annoys me the most is the silly crafting claw bug that is still ingame *raaaaaaa* =P

Yeah i would also like the current dragon models fixed, holes in the head os not on vouge at the moment =P ][/QUOTE]

What is the specific crafting claw bug you are refering to, please?

Holes in the dragon model head is a good thing to put on the list, thank you.

That bug is proving very hard to track down, Takora, but it has not been forgotten. :-)
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Tempests View Post

What is the specific crafting claw bug you are refering to, please?

Holes in the dragon model head is a good thing to put on the list, thank you.
    If you craft a claw with tool sockets and log with the equipped claw out when crystals are in, when you back log in you are unable to equip the claw again. Only if you put it in a silo/lair/house it works again.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Ah, thank you for clarification. So, we have 4 specific items thus far. Laughing Otter, to which bug were you refering that is known and being addressed?

I'd bet the one Takora was talking about with the crafting claw, because he addressed Takora in his post.

As for the equipment window, I believe that was fixed on the client that had to be rolled back off Blight.

I've never noticed a color change when going from Khutit to Dragon. My dragon always looks to be the right color when it's back again to me. What am I missing?

White horns, teeth, red mouth, etc, also isn't really a "bug" that needs to be fixed so much as a change players would like. So I think I am missing something count wise as well.

Good thread, Tempests.

The lair bugs where the "rock" appears in entrances and some chambers. NPC and Player alike. When it happens to a player lair, there is a workaround so long as you are still outside. NPCs on the other hand have no solution:

I couldn't get in to the Council Chambers on four seperate occassions (The ROP must not be long enough ) and I heard a hatchie being locked into Relstaroth's lair among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    I've never noticed a color change when going from Khutit to Dragon. My dragon always looks to be the right color when it's back again to me. What am I missing?

When a dragon goes into khutit and back again, they become visibly darker on another person's screen much like turning brown during your adult ROP.
    Last edited by Shian; May 30th, 2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: borked quote..

Amarie, the Khutit bug happens more noticable with White and lighter color dragons... they turn chocolate brown after they revert from Khutit to dragon. It's the only way you can get a brown dragon in-game

Edit: Shian beat me
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    When a dragon goes into khutit and back again, they become visibly darker on another person's screen much like turning brown during your adult ROP.

Yep you see yourself normal but when a other person changes next to you from khutit back to dragon form the dragon gets brown.

And dont forget the borked Adult/Ancient models!

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post

And dont forget the borked Adult/Ancient models!
    How so? Are you reffering to the "cut off and re-attached" heads? "Borked" is too general a term

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    How so? Are you reffering to the "cut off and re-attached" heads? "Borked" is too general a term
    Yeah the hole in the head actually, because of that i use the old ancient model mod, because they are not ugly and have not a hole in the head. Oh and they are bigger !

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Yeah the hole in the head actually, because of that i use the old ancient model mod, because they are not ugly and have not a hole in the head. Oh and they are bigger !
    Ahhh good point. I use the ancient model mod, not to make ancients bigger or to give myself colored teeth, but because the mod has that texture fix in it. Good call.

I'd like Khutits to have the same head as the original dragon model. For now all dragons have the same head when in Khutit form.

The bug that makes it look likea dragon is landed when they are actually flying.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Well not sure if everything classes as a 'bug' but there are a few things I have noticed.

1. Dragons appear to be more geared towards melee combat instead of magical combat.

Example A
    Dragons have a promote vitality spells which adds to strength and to the dexterity stats (T5 version +114 strength, +114 dexterity), however there is no version of the spell for magical (power and focus).

Example B
    Tooth and Claw receives a bonus from the primary stats of 2.5% strength and 7.5% dexterity. However primal receives a bonus from the primary stats of 5% Power and 5% focus. This does not seem balanced.

Example C
    Main dragon attack abilities are melee based (Gold Rage, Silver Strike, Ravage, Flame Burst). There are no equivalent spell based attacks that can deal as much damage.

Example D
    Arcane Refusal V adds +147 Flame, Ice and Energy Ward. The equivalent biped spells (IE Flame ward V and Flame Resistance V) add +220 ward and +128 resistance. Arcane refusal seems very under powered.

Example E
    Ignore Mysticism V adds +128 Spirit, Nature and Blight Wards. The equivalent biped spells (IE Spirit Ward V and Spirit Resistance V) add +220 ward and +128 resistance. Ignore Mysticism seems very underpowered.

2. Blighted Claws formula

There are no blighted claw formulas available as a loot drop.

3. Stoneworking machines in lairs

Stoneworking machines in lairs do not give a bonus to stoneworking skill as they should for the relevant tier of the machine.

4. Tier 6 reaching 3:1 ratio on resources

Dragons cannot reach 3:1 on T6 resources which are travertine bricks and radiant essence orbs.

Dragons cannot reach 3:2 on Adamantium Bars

Bipeds are able to reach these effiencies (this takes into account using all available buffs, potions, machines, techs, tps and cogs).

5. Broken techniques on heal over time spells

Some techniques do not work properly on the dragon heal over time spells. The spells are Quickening Breeze, Breeze and Rejuvenating Breeze.

The techniques that do not work properly are heal increase, heal recycle and potency. When added to the spell they only affect the 1st proc of the heal and not subsequent procs.

Also not 100% dragon related, but the fortify technique when added to a spell can overwrite higher level biped buffs.

6. Magic Evasion / Evasion caps at 800

Evasion and Magic Evasion cap out at 800, all the other adventure skills receive either 9 or 10 point rises per lvl (T&C, primal, dragon breath). Therefore unless tps are moved into either skill, dragons are more vulnerable to take damage from mobs in the T5, T6 category.

7. Dragon adv quests stop at lvl 70

Adventure ability quests stop at 70, where as craft quest continue to 100.

Also dragons reach ability quests stop at lvl 40.

8. Dragon Breath skill is under used.

The dragon breath skill receives the highest rise per lvl (excluding ingenuity) however is the most under used skill. Only BOF, BOL/BOI and flame burst use this skill. (I know that this may change with some of the upcoming work by the devs).

9. Scales cannot be dyed

Scales cannot have dye kits added to them. If you have multiple scale sets in your inventory or vault it makes it very difficult to work out which ones you need to equip.

10. AROP Guardian bug
    The second AROP guardian in the rift keeps bugging and giving the 'nil is not online' message when adults attempt to spawn him. Sometime can take over 10 attempts to get the guardian to spawn. I can't remember the exact name of the guardian but I am sure someone will be able to provide it.

Thats all I can think of for now, but I am sure there is more
    Last edited by Chasing; May 31st, 2008 at 02:23 AM. Reason: AROP bug
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Is there, or was there, a fix for the animation when transforming from khutit to dragon?

Mine does not seem to work. I *pop* from khutit to dragon after a delay that seems long enough for an animation to run.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information