Thread: Dragon textures

Default Dragon textures

Can anyone tell me how to edit an .agh or if there is a utility available somewhere that will allow it? I would love to try my hand at re-colorizing the horns and claws of the dragon models in a more natural color scheme, but in order to do so I must first figure out how to eliminate the tinting altogether on those body parts and replace the .png files called with the ones the default NPC models use which are natural colored. I may also be able to figure out how to apply a highlight color to the head and wings as it is applied to the body, so dragons with stronger highlights won't look like their heads are an entirely different color.

If anyone knows if tinting is stored in one of the editable .def files and I simply haven't managed to find it yet, let me know... if so I may be able to accomplish the de-tinting with greater ease and minimal alteration. I suspect this is stored in the .act files which I also do not know how to view or edit in a decipherable manner.

On another note, I have managed to 'fix' the darker belly scale selections so that they come all the way up to the jaw the way many of the lighter ones do. The ones I adjusted are the dark triangular plates, the wide scales that look somewhat like creases and the very thin scales with the beaded looking trim. This fixes certain head types that use these dark belly scales so that they don't have an odd different colored 'dewlap' anymore and can help conceal the neck slit in certain types (though it doesn't make it go away). If anyone is interested I'll figure out a way to post it or tell how it was done.

Default Re: Dragon textures

no matter what you do you won't be able to colorize the horns or claws on the skin texture file. It's the way hey are set up.
    http://fridlekh.googlepages.com/ for the AGH viewer.
    The tint files are .act files that can be edited with Photoshop.

Thanks... I have the .agh viewer but it won't seem to allow me to edit the files at all or even view any ones other than the ones pre programmed into its settings (can't even view cobal's modified files with it).

yeah you must put the files in the textures_agh folder for that. Then you can convert them in targa files and edit them.

Thumbs up Re: Dragon textures

Thanks... foolish me. In any case however I have found the source of the .act file extension and if I can download the application later, I'll be able to fool around with the 3d renderer that was used to create the tint files (among others), maybe that will provide some additional insight.

Thread Information