Thread: My little terrain project

Default My little terrain project

Over a month ago i was bored with the way the terrain looked so i attempted to alter it. One day i hope to do more then this but so far i had managed to give Istaria some more realistic grass. I'm a bit on the lazy side of development so if i was to revamp Istaria's Terrain and possibly the trees, it would take some long term hard work. Just thought i would share this.

http://images.wolfeedarkfang.com/hor...******_change.jpg

Default Re: My little terrain project

Interesting. Offer it for download? I'd like to see it with anisotropic filtering.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Sure all thats available so far is the grass and where the grass mixes with the dirt.
    Link to Download

Probably if i get time i could work on it more, and possibly some of the trees. I noticed how ugly the trees have become around my plot in copperton.
    Last edited by Nakaru Nitepaw; August 31st, 2007 at 08:44 PM.

Wow cool! I think we (ok, *you* as in those of you who can actually use photoshop) should redo some of the tree textures too. Those are probably the worst in the game. I think it is cause the big trees use the same textures as the small trees, just stretched.

wow, nifty job you did there

Wonder how much work would be in community project to update all texture assets.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

I don't think we should worry about the snowy regions that much. I think they look good as is, but the grassy regions need serious work. I plan to try and fix the brick roads to be more like Thestra's roads from vanguard. I'm just a bit slow at it due to me being more of a gamer then a artist. :P

Heh that's kind of funny. After you posted this thread I started taking a good long look at the ground while I was crafting, and I decided the same thing. Snowy regions look fine as they are, mainly because snow is untextured in real life. On a bright day it looks featureless, so it is hard to do anything with it. Even the roads and the bluish iced up stone terrain are decent in the snowy regions.

Grassland is probably the worst terrain overall.

I was wondering...um...does anyone have this mod? I'm curious.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Uhmm....the link to the pic is broken. It seems like this is an awesome mod but i wanna see what it looks like first. lol

Thread Information