Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lair Items Wishlist

Default Re: Lair Items Wishlist

Again playing on ambiance, there is at least one 'haunted' lair in game that in some spots has an atmospheric shift with mists, akin to what you see if you visit the Peak of Storms. This would be fun for some to turn on in their larger chambers for effect.
    Actually when they stuck the "rain in South March" the "fog effect" from Peak of Storms came right through Image's lair in SM. That wasn't so bad, it was the constant flashes of light and thunder and rain in her lair too that was bad.

Even though Flatspin is Lunus, I did build a Helian essence chamber just for the sparklies because I love ambiance too.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Nambroth View Post
    Not to be off topic but this is something I am curious about- because lairs are 'hidden' in the ground from the camera, do they cause any less lag than terrestrial structures (such as ped buildings etc). It seems that my machine lags heaviest (and suffers highest drop in FPS and spike in texture memory) around terrestrial buildings, where I have not noticed this around lairs at all (and in fact pass by many without realizing they are even there, which I think is kinda neat as many dragons tend to be a little secretive). I don't know if I'm imagining things (this is entirely possible, knowing me!!) or if there is a difference in the way the client loads these structures.
    Since istaria has no world modell you can look through the world like glass. If you have the loading screen off like me you will see it. When i for expample port to Birstugio i can watch the game how it loads first all the lair chambers, then the biped buldings and at least the rest stuff. So it will lag if you put light extra stuff in your lair like it will lag when you put extra stuff light/tiny stuff/furniture on a plot.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

On the lights issue:

How does horizons handle lights? Does it just display all of them onscreen at once? (I have a hunch it does)

I know of some other programs that only display a certain # onscreen. No more than, say, 6 or 8.

When the issue of not displaying everything whether you can see it or not is fixed in horizons it will help quite a bit. I think this is called occlusion rendering.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Actually when they stuck the "rain in South March" the "fog effect" from Peak of Storms came right through Image's lair in SM. That wasn't so bad, it was the constant flashes of light and thunder and rain in her lair too that was bad.

Even though Flatspin is Lunus, I did build a Helian essence chamber just for the sparklies because I love ambiance too.

I had noticed that, but I wasn't sure how it used 'smaller' resources (such as crystals, individual machines, etc) at a range. Thank you for the insight.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Craftable Teleporter room (we've already built one under Dralk and one on Drakul, we know they are in game)

Craftable hoard room. Could be as simple as the ones in dralk/chiconis vault rooms, or something more extravagant. Can double as a storage room.

Craft 'Machines' themselves, place-able in halls, and/or possibly in extra spots in existing craft rooms that have the space for 2 machines but only come with one (Gemworking and Crystalshaping rooms t5 and t6 come to mind). The outgoing teleporter as a placeable machine in perhaps halls only also would look good in big halls.

Vertical shafts: with openings each level in 2 level, 3 level, 4 level, 5 level, 6 level, and 7 level depth versions. Think the shaft that is in the council of elders. the 2 level version is basically like the existing spiral, but no path to walk on (flight only). One use for these could simply be fast entrance and exit from deep levels of the lair. And could alleviate the endless searching for the way out in the abnormal complications that some lairs are.

Add the rest of the murals so I can finally cap off all my unused doorways. Some of the biped murals/carpets might even look appropriate in a lair.

Man, where's that forum section for wishful thinking / pony list(tm) items. hahah
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Man, where's that forum section for wishful thinking / pony list(tm) items. hahah
    I want a Amon shoulder pet!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Aren't all of em like that though....
    i mean somthing big like the waterfall at abandond isle, somthing big, not those small things we have in lairs XD

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I think we left it beside the dead horse, though the whip appears to have been stolen again.

Post Re: Lair Items Wishlist

Amon what is going to be done about the bulk and stack issues of dragon storage chambers versus the biped silos?
    We already established in a previous thread that the difference is huge.
    You also expressed your concern for a stack increase in higher tiered storage chambers due to database issues.
    Now currently any dragon in the right set of mind would never built a dragon storage chamber other than a tier 1, except when a higher tier would allow for increasing in bulk without sacrificing a stack.
    I have made some calculations towards a 4 by6 lair, aswell as a 5 by 5 lair.
    If you would build a grandhall, all machine chambers a Tier 4 (optimum level for bonus points/cube taken), 1 Tier 4 library, 2 tier 6 libraries and a vault.
    the rest is filled at optimum with as many storage chambers as possible.
    Now for the 4x6:
    You would be able to fit in around 33 Tier 1 Chambers:
    Thus stacks: 33, bulk 825 000
    Do the same with the highest possible chambers:
    you get at optimal 7 x Tier 1, 1 Tier 2, 1 tier 3, 1 tier 4 and 3 times tier 6
    Stacks: 13, bulk: 640 000.
    So in the end you loose 20 stacks and 185000 bulk (totally insane in my opinion).
    For a 5 * 5 with the same chambers you get
    28 x Tier 1, 1 tier 4 and 1 tier 6:
    Stacks: 30, bulk: 870 000 (some stacks less, some bulk more)
    Optimise for the higher tiers you get:
    6 * Tier 1, 1 tier 2, 1 tier 4, 1 tier 5 and 3 * tier 6
    Stacks: 12, bulk: 645 000
    Again: you loose 18 stacks and 225 000 bulk (again totally insane when you are building higher tiers).
    Now lets compare the bipeds to dragons.
    First of all I do not have much experience with plots (dragon player myself).
    But I have seen enough Skyscraper silo farms to know that you can add a lot of them onto one plot, and still be left with plenty of space to put several workshops. Maybe not on the 40 x 40 but certainly on the higher level plots.
    So since currently biped plots have the advantage of needing only the same footprint for each silos be it of tier 1 or tier 6.
    Lets compare the current situation:
    4x6: Tier 1 optimised
    Dragon: 33 stacks, bulk 825000.
    Biped: 33 stacks, bulk 660 000
    Highest tiers possible optimised with same footprint or volume taken
    Dragon: 13 stacks, 640 000 bulk
    Biped: 33 Tier 6 silos: 2 640 000 bulk.
    Limit a biped to the same amount of stacks as a dragon, so actually dimishing the required footprint and still have the same amount of stacks as a dragon.
    Biped: 13 Tier 6 silos: 1 040 000 bulk

Conclusion a biped wins hands down when building the highest tiers possible (which he would be stupid to not too).
    For the same stack, a biped has 3.2 times the bulk a dragon can ever obtain.
    For my "optimisation for the higher tiers for a dragon", and with the same stack count you still have 1.625 times our bulk, however you gain lots of acres back, while a dragon needs to occupy the same volume.

So how about we let that Dragon in Tazoon meddle a bit in that Dimensional pocketing system, and makes it so he knows a way to apply the same "magick" to our dragon chambers.
    In the end the result would be that any tier Dragon storage chamber takes the same volume. But keeps its current tier bulk.
    So the final outcome is: the number of silos or storage chambers depends on the size of plot and buildings you want to place onto them.
    The advantage for bipeds, silos accessible from quite a distance on your plot, and not needing to build accessways to them.
    The advantage for dragons, a slightly higher bulk in comparison to bipeds, but you still need to connect your chambers, which in my opinion evens this out.

Salis

Thread Information