Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to mass use money pouches?

Default how to mass use money pouches?

i tried a hotkey "use item" but it only use 1 pouch and then gets grey

any solution? thanks very much

Default Re: how to mass use money pouches?

The pouches have a 1 sec cooldown, but you can use different pouches in very short time in a row.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

yes but the hotkey gets grey

the hotkey works but i cannot use it more than all 15 secs or more

Open then your inventory and use the pouches there...

*Gives Vlisson a comforter*

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

argl right click use and this 50-100 times?

then i make an suit for compensation for pain and suffering against Vi ^^

tendosynovitis is not my vision ^^

The hotkey goes grey because every single item and spell has its own biote number. When you make a hotkey, it references that biote number. With a spell or equipment, it is a durable item that isn't used. With a money pouch, using it uses up the item and the next one in line has a whole new biote number, which your hotkey isn't referencing. (Hence some of the very long time in being able to figure out how to import people from Unity.)

The only solution is to use them in the inventory window.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    The hotkey goes grey because every single item and spell has its own biote number. When you make a hotkey, it references that biote number. With a spell or equipment, it is a durable item that isn't used. With a money pouch, using it uses up the item and the next one in line has a whole new biote number, which your hotkey isn't referencing. (Hence some of the very long time in being able to figure out how to import people from Unity.)

The only solution is to use them in the inventory window.
    however you can put potions on a hotkey, you click, you use a potion so you would think as long as they stack you can drag them on a key and perhaps edit it with wait .. sec and use hotkey bar .. key ..

Or are moneypouches so much diferent from potions?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Money pouches don't stack.

My understanding is that potions are different icons and animations, but essentially coded identically to spells. I could be wrong on that.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    Money pouches don't stack.

My understanding is that potions are different icons and animations, but essentially coded identically to spells. I could be wrong on that.
    Yes they do. All Money pouches of the same kind stack.

They do? Huh. I don't recall seeing that. Hmm... I don't know then.

ok I tried it - had to adventure a while before I got two pouches - you can set up a hotkey like I described before, if you click the key it will grey out but it wil work anyway. I used a 5 second wait before executing the key again.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Why do you have stacks of money pouches anyway? Why not just use them as you get them?

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Why do you have stacks of money pouches anyway? Why not just use them as you get them?
    Me, I let them pile up since when I loot them, theres usually something more important to do, like finish fighting, or deal with adds. It's like /The Gambler/: "There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done!".

Sometimes I keep them around to throw at new players. Funny how some won't accept coin, but will happily take an equivalent amount in coin bags. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Because of the OP issue? Usually they are gotten in the heat of battle and there are more important things to do. By the time I remember them, I'm in the air heading towards my next destination and can't use them anyways.

Heh. I looked at this earlier tonight. Money pouches of the same type do stack, and you can hotkey them, but yes, once you click the hotkey, the hotkey stays grayed out.

This is slightly different than exhausting the item stack since when that happens, the tooltip for the hotkey will say "unavailable". In the case of money pouches, that doesn't happen -- it's as if the client doesn't do the recycle countdown.

This is probably because you are hotkey'ing the specific instance of the money pouch, not the stack in general. And once that item is gone from using it, that hotkey is no longer pointing at the proper place.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

There's an easy way around the greyed out hotkey issue.

1) Drag the money pouch onto an empty hotkey.

2) Right click the hotkey. Click "Edit Hotkey".

3) On the window that pops up, select the top lefthand dropdown menu and click "Wait".

4) On the right beside that lefthand dropdown menu it should now have a blank box that says "________ seconds". Type a "3" in that box. Now push the "+" button beside that box.

5) Now, go back to the left hand menu. Select "Execute Hotkey". The right hand side will now say something like "Hotkey Bank <number>" and "Hotkey <number>".

6) If you need to figure out which hotkey the one you just selected is, then do this step. If you already know which bar and hotkey on that bar your pouch is on, skip to step 7. Push "Shift 1", then "Shift 2", then "Shift 3" etc. This will switch your main hotkey bar (the one with the numbers on it) to different hotkey bars. There are 10 total. Once you come to the hotkey bar with your, stop. Remember which number you just pressed (say, "Shift 7", and look at the number that is on the hotkey that your pouch is on.

7) Enter those numbers in the provided drop down menus, and then click the plus button. Mine usually looks something like "Hotkey bar number 8" and "Hotkey number 6", meaning that it will select the 6th hotkey on the 8th hotkey bar.

8) Click "ok".

9) Now click your hotkey. Every 3 seconds it will use a money pouch until all pouches of that type are gone.

This may seem like a lot of work, but after you've done it a few times it takes a matter of seconds to set up. If I have less than 10 pouches I use them manually (left click on item and click "use"), but if I have more than that it can be painful. I've had more than 100 small pouches before, and it takes forever to use that many. Plus it hurts my hand left clicking that many times in a row. Really I can gain 50 or so pouches after only a couple hours of hunting (hunting the right mobs, anyway), so this is a handy thing to know how to do.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    This is probably because you are hotkey'ing the specific instance of the money pouch, not the stack in general. And once that item is gone from using it, that hotkey is no longer pointing at the proper place.
    I dunno, but after 30 seconds or so it ungreys itself and you can click it again. Would that still happen if it was linked to a specific money pouch instead of that stack? I don't think it would. I think there's something wonky with the casting delay timer on items like that. It only has a 2 second casting delay, but it greys the hotkey for much longer. It's weird. Gotta be a bug.

I think this is related to the "ability greyed out even though it didn't cast" bug that sometimes happens. Similar symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    I dunno, but after 30 seconds or so it ungreys itself and you can click it again. Would that still happen if it was linked to a specific money pouch instead of that stack? I don't think it would. I think there's something wonky with the casting delay timer on items like that. It only has a 2 second casting delay, but it greys the hotkey for much longer. It's weird. Gotta be a bug.

I think this is related to the "ability greyed out even though it didn't cast" bug that sometimes happens. Similar symptoms.
    ... It just occurred to me that I can (and do) hotkey potions. So if potions can work, then so should pouches. I wonder if trinkets work? I've never tried.

i would think you could hotkey anything stackable

Thread Information