Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Auction or purchase?

Default Re: Auction or purchase?

Hrm..maybe if there was a way the novains "Bound" to the character who originally built them??...

Trying to think of various solutions to "novian farming" and the only thing I can come up with is some type of "character binding" for the buildings or the work or the novians themselves.

But I can't come up with a way of "character binding" that wouldn't then somehow penalize honest players and transactions too. Any character binding of novians or plot resources would also get rid of any tradeing or gifting of novians as well.

And even in that case, the only way to keep people from buying up plot after plot just for Novians woudl mean somehow binding the buildings themselves to the original owner - so that only the original owner who built them/owned the plot WHEN they were activated/completed - could actually decon for novians. But I doubt that's even a possibility.

I.e. Frith owns her lair for two years, and completed 18 chambers in that time (ha yea I wish). She then sells it to Bobbie. Bobbie would be unable to decon those chambers and *receive novians* (he can decon it for nothing) because those chamgbers were not completed in his ownership. Only Frith could decon those 18 chambers and get novians from them. (to keep it easier ont he system, any uncompleted projects could be deconned by anyone, only completed buildings/pieces would be "bound" to a single charater for their novians).

Now if somehow that could be done, and keep the novians from being bound to Frith then you coudl still have trade/sell/gifting. Otherwise, if the decon binds the novians to the charatger- then only that character can ever use them again.

Quite complicated - lol. The simplest solution maybe binding novains to the person who decrafted something. It doesnt' keep people from novian farming - but it does force them to only be able to actually USE the novians themselves and have no other way to profit from them.

So the real question is - do we penalize the entire community - no longer selling or gifting novians to anyone - to keep farming from ever occuring.

Considering this possibly may be only a "real problem" in huge land upheavels that just happend - perhaps its only a problem that really raises its head rarely? And in future "plot reclaims" that are smaller - the farming done is on a much smaller scale?

I don't know, as I've never had novians or tried to get any lol.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I've honestly never heard of anyone selling novians. I've heard of people having to delete them constantly or give them away, but I'm not sure if giving someone money -and- the keys to your plot seems like a fair trade to me...

Well, first let me start off by saying that you can wind up with excess novians in ways other than novian farming (presents, plot redesigns/upgraded buildings, etc.).

However, back in the day when novian farming for profit got a bad rep (first reclaims), some players went around buying up properties, deconning them, and then would offer to place them for coin. The kicker was that you had to transfer your plot to them so they could place them; the novian farmer had to keep an open subscription to accept the plot for whatever period of time he/she needed to place said novians.

Although I personally hate that novians are attuned; at least it makes it more difficult for novian farmers to make large profits by demolishing entire communities.

Reason for your sarcasm Thango?

And in this, I wouldn't claim to be an expert, nor have I. Since I am not an expert, I'll rephrase my comment. I, personally, don't believe anyone would fault those players who lost their plots and didn't receive novians, to use novians after this auction to rebuilt what they lost.

However, YOU were the one complaining in all these posts regarding other players and HINTING quite strongly at exploited coin used to buy up all the auctioned plots and novian farm and then stating that YOU wouldn't feel like working to rebuild if you couldn't do the same--or at least that's the way it sounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Thangorodrim
    however i am pleading for a system thats not rewarding pillagers the most (since now it would be the most economical and efficient thing to do).
    Make up your mind. You seem to flip flop between having your concerns allayed regarding the logistics of novian farming all the plots that come up during the auction, but yet can't seem to stop from continuing to try to raise fears/paranoia.
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; August 20th, 2008 at 12:23 AM. Reason: edited for earlier deleted post

A decision has been made in regards to this original topic.

Where it's gone since is no where positive, and thus it's time to shut it down....

Thread Information