Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plot Reclamation:Your taking my reason to return

Unhappy Plot Reclamation:Your taking my reason to return

Greetings,
    My husband and I have been a fan of the world of "Istaria" ever since we were involved in the beta testing of the game. We played for the first year and we have returned multiple times; the last time less than a year ago. I have been quick to pronounce to many what a wonderful game and world it is and that people should try it.

Unfortunatly with the new reclamation policy we will have no reason to return. We usually cycle through our favorite games yearly to keep our game play from getting boring. Our two small "homes" in Harton Valley were what made this game special and different from the other games we play, and we returned often. Now that will end.

I understand that the regular paying players feel that only they are entitled to the plots and I see that point. But when all the plots are reclaimed how much of those will remain empty land? Does someone actually want my small plot in Harton Valley? All those beautifully built settlements will be gone...no convenient machines/vaults out in the boonies.

We all know this about opening up the choice fancy plots/lairs that have been sat on by long dead accounts. Too bad all the other meager plots wanted only by the casual/occasional citizen of Istaria has to go too. Many players take breaks from the games they play for many different reasons. Why would they come back to build again if it will be torn down after they are gone a short while? All that work and time lost. Its like one your characters being deleted.

I know my husband and I not a current subscribers nor have we been as loyal players as most here. Yes the people who pay should reap the rewards but does the penalty it have to be so drastic? And yes i know .."too bad its done".
    We just wanted to say our peace before we left a world we loved, worked to build (all the bridges/buildings and the freed races/cities), and played in so long.

Aviendeha_Twilight WiseOne and Fawkes_Twilight Bailehauche

Default Re: Plot Reclamation:Your taking my reason to return

I completely understand where you're coming from. Is there no chance you can either transfer your plots to two in-game friends still playing (that you trust of course) and have contact with so you can let them know whenever you're going to return that you'll want them back? Plot-sitting for you as such. Either that or pay for just one months sub, to get past this reclamation, then go back to being inactive (I'm guessing they won't reclaim every month *shrug*)

This happened to me in UO (the famous decay they have) and I know what a wrench it is, though I did willingly accept it as I knew the space was limited there. But would be a shame to lose players due to it, particularly if you've been around since the start.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

If you want to keep your plots the answer is simple. Pay for your account. An inactive account is subject to reclamations. It was that way in the past. The only reason it hasn't been that way in a while was because of the sale of the game to the biggest morons on the face of the planet.

If you can't afford the account then that's a decision you have to make. The company really can't afford to let the game stagnate because one day maybe possibly someone might return. They must make it playable to those who are paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua View Post
    The only reason it hasn't been that way in a while was because of the sale of the game to the biggest morons on the face of the planet.
    sorry but that just made me giggle. you're my new hero Kumu
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Ok, as I understand it (I wasn't around during the last reclamation) a reclaimed plot gets put up for auction. If it doesn't sell, it simply stays "for sale" is that right?

So your little plot in Harton Valley may still belong to you if nobody buys it. But what does it matter... you aren't playing any more?

I've quit this game 3 different times over the years. Every time I have sold my plots, converted everything into novians and banked them. Every time I came back I was able to find a plot as good or better than the one I had before. Currently, I'm leaving the game for a short time, so I sold my lair in Harro. My plot in Harro I put up for sale at 10G, but only to keep the JMan clothworking shop and 3 public silos intact since it's close to the steelsilk. Once reclamation happens I know I will probably lose it, but it's ok... I am not playing at the moment.

In a few months I will most likely come back again, and look for a lair/plot to put my novians on and continue playing. Until that time, I let someone else have the opportunity to play.

I'm holding one of the dragon lairs of Harton Valley in trust for someone. Been doing construction on it too. Expanding it a little bit.

I'd like to extend the invitation to any who take the trouble to get into it to use the T4 machines therein, but it is a real beast to get into for our poor non-flying pals. Sorry.

Feel free to visit Veruliyam's Trust, should you be so inclined. I just hope I actually have access set up right.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

I got that email myself today. At first, I thought it was spam, because an email containing no paragraph and more than 30 lines is far from being professional.

Anyway, what disappoint me is that there's no option whatsoever to the player that are unable to rejoin the game for the moment. Ever since the fall of Horizons to the hands of poor management, thing has changed for me and my current employment doesn't leave me much time to play. While I expect thing to change in 6 months, this is something that the auction won't care.

And I don't really feel like 'donating' 20$ a month just to keep a plot for a game I won't be able to play not until 6 months.

If I were to be told that I would get reimbursed all the work I've put into my plot in novian and the money put into it, then I would immediately file a ticket to have it sold. But to see 2 years of works goes to the drain, that would remove my incitative to return.

Why isn't there a package for the people that plan to return in 6-12 months that would protect their long earned due? Like for 2 $ a month, it would keep your plot active, but not your account? I sure would be paying for that until I can find the time to return to the game.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    But what does it matter... you aren't playing any more? {snip}
    Until that time, I let someone else have the opportunity to play.
    How is my small plot (35x35) keeping someone from playing? There are SO many plots! The plots around me have been unsold for the last 2 years so I don't think I'm taking away from anyones enjoyment or "stagnating" the game. And we do play this game just not right now.
    Its the same as deleting a character. How about we delete the characters in the laggy database to increase performance and cut costs for the company?
    Seriously ...this could have been handled differently. How about if a plot was wanted a player could petition for its release and if the owner was not playing then it is reclaimed.
    I find the attitude about this interesting. We were once part of the community and now that something prized is wanted (something we don't even have) all current inactives are the enemy and a problem.
    I thank those that can related to our problem for their sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade View Post
    I got that email myself today. At first, I thought it was spam, because an email containing no paragraph and more than 30 lines is far from being professional.

Anyway, what disappoint me is that there's no option whatsoever to the player that are unable to rejoin the game for the moment. Ever since the fall of Horizons to the hands of poor management, thing has changed for me and my current employment doesn't leave me much time to play. While I expect thing to change in 6 months, this is something that the auction won't care.

And I don't really feel like 'donating' 20$ a month just to keep a plot for a game I won't be able to play not until 6 months.

If I were to be told that I would get reimbursed all the work I've put into my plot in novian and the money put into it, then I would immediately file a ticket to have it sold. But to see 2 years of works goes to the drain, that would remove my incitative to return.

Why isn't there a package for the people that plan to return in 6-12 months that would protect their long earned due? Like for 2 $ a month, it would keep your plot active, but not your account? I sure would be paying for that until I can find the time to return to the game.
    12 months?!

No one will wait 12 months to get a plot. That's just as bad as not having a plot reclamation at all. A plot can be built in far less time.

No offense, but no one wants to wait 12 months to get a plot you arent using or planning on using for a year.

How is my small plot (35x35) keeping someone from playing? There are SO many plots! The plots around me have been unsold for the last 2 years so I don't think I'm taking away from anyones enjoyment or "stagnating" the game. And we do play this game just not right now.
    Its the same as deleting a character. How about we delete the characters in the laggy database to increase performance and cut costs for the company?
    Seriously ...this could have been handled differently. How about if a plot was wanted a player could petition for its release and if the owner was not playing then it is reclaimed.
    I find the attitude about this interesting. We were once part of the community and now that something prized is wanted (something we don't even have) all current inactives are the enemy and a problem.
    I thank those that can related to our problem for their sympathy.
    Sorry, but the plot reclemation is reclemation. Not "only plots that are over 40x40 will go up for sale" Not "only plots that someone has to petittion and ask for" It has to be fair, otherwise everyone would own four or five <40 to get around it.
    Last edited by Shian; June 7th, 2008 at 06:55 PM.

Standing in a long line at the supermarket. At the checkout there is a full but abandonned basket. Just when you start to put your groceries on the belt someone jumps in front of you with that basket angry saying "I was standing here".

No you were not standing there, you just left your basket!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

It's 14 stinky dollars for the single month when the reclaimations will take place.

You are wailing like a beaten puppy for the oh so precious and coveted possession? Then shell out 14 stinky dollars.

Else it's not _that_ important to you.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

my feelings on this matter have already been stated elsewhere and are the same for the inevidable same post when Aviendeha finds out about the possible name reclaim as well.

if you want to play, play and pay. if not, then it doesn't really matter, right?

if you only play horizons for a couple months at a time, then why have a plot? if you must have a plot, then buy and build one while you are here, then sell it and get the novians and some coin back when you are done.

if you have a plot and want to keep it, then you have to play by the same rules as all the rest of us.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    It's 14 stinky dollars for the single month when the reclaimations will take place.

You are wailing like a beaten puppy for the oh so precious and coveted possession? Then shell out 14 stinky dollars.

Else it's not _that_ important to you.
    $15.00 (14.95) is a lot of money to some people when their budgets are tight.

Let's not belittle someone for not being fat in the pocket. What you think is a drop in the bucket, other folks see as the difference in eating ramen for a couple of weeks.

I see both sides. I really do. I'm just sort of pragmatic. Make the most people happy and deep down inside regret the ones you isolate.

As for 15 dollars monthly. I'll never belittle folks for cash flow, I go through long bouts of unemployment and totally empathize. I also know I can usually get a spare 15 bucks if I need it.

Sorry to see anyone leave, but recliams had to happen sometime.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

First, as Creme has said, please do not start attacking and belittling other posters. They have as much right to express their concerns and thoughts as you do without having to end up being belittled by others.

Second, as to the "no paragraphs" and "lack of professionalism" in the email, I can assure you that when it was sent out it had multiple paragraphs and working links. We do, however, try to make everything we send in as simple a format as possible to prevent being completely blocked by the wide variety of spam filters that are out there. Sometimes this simplicity means that the paragraph markings, and yes, even link markings, are "stripped" prior to being received. If you've ever tried to forward an email to someone, or even replied to them, you'll see that often the formatting you read on the screen isn't what you'll have when you go to send that message again.

Third, it has been said in the email that you have three options for your account. One of those options is to request a brief period of time to be added to your account so you can return to the game long enough to "settle up" matters with your plot. You can, should you choose, download the game and have a free trial of two weeks to log in, take down your structures for Novians, and sell your plot either directly to another player, or for the Imperial purchase price. Obviously we'd rather you decided to return for longer, but if your goal is to take care of your plot, we'd like to do what we can to help you.

Plot reclamation is something that is needed for the good of the game and future growth. Many players have been waiting for a long time now to purchase and build on a virtual home.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    Third, it has been said in the email that you have three options for your account. One of those options is to request a brief period of time to be added to your account so you can return to the game long enough to "settle up" matters with your plot. You can, should you choose, download the game and have a free trial of two weeks to log in, take down your structures for Novians, and sell your plot either directly to another player, or for the Imperial purchase price. Obviously we'd rather you decided to return for longer, but if your goal is to take care of your plot, we'd like to do what we can to help you.

Plot reclamation is something that is needed for the good of the game and future growth. Many players have been waiting for a long time now to purchase and build on a virtual home.
    Sounds more than reasonable

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Well for those who wish to buy our 2 plots in harton Valley we will be on later this evening to those who wish to buy our plots and not any of the other empty plots around them.
    Fawkes

P.S. to those dragons i helped to fly when the world was young, peace and long life.
    Last edited by Fawkes; June 7th, 2008 at 09:48 PM.

Let's not belittle someone for not being fat in the pocket. What you think is a drop in the bucket, other folks see as the difference in eating ramen for a couple of weeks.

Read the post, okay?

"We usually cycle through our favorite games yearly to keep our game play from getting boring."

They are choosing to spend money elsewhere. They DO spend it. Just not here, yet they want to keep the benefit of those who spend here.

There's no belittling.

Second, I have been poorer myself well beyond being able to afford any game or computer or even a car or an house. If that had been the case, coming on a forum to claim on virtual property is not really what bothers a really poor person.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    Second, as to the "no paragraphs" and "lack of professionalism" in the email, I can assure you that when it was sent out it had multiple paragraphs and working links. We do, however, try to make everything we send in as simple a format as possible to prevent being completely blocked by the wide variety of spam filters that are out there. Sometimes this simplicity means that the paragraph markings, and yes, even link markings, are "stripped" prior to being received. If you've ever tried to forward an email to someone, or even replied to them, you'll see that often the formatting you read on the screen isn't what you'll have when you go to send that message again.
    *shrug* I don't have that problem by sticking to text-only. Line breaks stay line breaks, as do paragraphs. Spam filters don't usually filter based on layout, just content.

Stick to text only, and you won't have any problems. HTML and formatting in email is just so wrong on so many levels as it is. If you must send a formatted note, send it as an attachment to the text copy.

Just some suggestions to help avoid problems in the future.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information