Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Emails sent about plot sizing

Default Re: Emails sent about plot sizing

Good post there ... I think 40x40 is still to small to do much of anything and 50x50 is the bare minimum for most people for starters. I bought a 40x40 and tried to plan it and couldn't get much of anything on it but a couple shops and a T1 guildhouse and a silo or two.... not very useful.
    Last edited by Landowyn; June 13th, 2008 at 10:18 PM. Reason: spelling
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

But Vahrokh, why would you sell if that's the plot you want to keep?

This is what I am having difficulty understanding regarding why you feel there should be tokens given.

If you want to keep the plot you have now, keep your subscription and don't sell your plot.

Let me put it another way and perhaps that will help. It is about 99% likely that if you look on the server you don't play on, see that the plot you own is unowned there, and so sell your plot back to the community hoping it will be resized... It won't even exist after the resizing. I've done about 8 communities at this point. There hasn't been one where I've said "Oh, this plot is unowned, but let me leave it and resize it." If it is totally unowned, it's gone.

So do not sell your plot back to the community if there is ANY chance you want to keep it, because the chance of it still being there when all is said and done is minimal.

Does that help?
    I probably did not get it (not being English mother tongue won't help).

Even if sold back, my plot is probably not going to be deleted because all it could needs is to be scaled up (there's some room around it) to say 45 x 45. Then it's all mountain around, only another (bigger) plot nearby.
    There's no cluster of tiny plots nearby, nor it's the tiny plot of a cluster.

Still, it's small and possibly eligible to be included in the number of plots to be edited.

Basically, in case you decide it'd be worth enlarging it (without affecting anything nearby), would it still be needed to remove everything on it?
    Probably the answer is yes, because doing so, you can just scrap it and draw a bigger one in its place.

But then, I'd have my "ideal" plot made even more ideal but... someone else would naturally grab it in my face before I can buy it back (work keeps me away off the game so that I can't be online 0.1 seconds after the maintenance implementing the changes, while who will camp that place will possibly do that).

Knowing that the plot I like already is possibly going to become even better, just to see someone else buy it for 300s forces me not to sell it to keep it :S

Here's the final word on this "1600" issue. If a plot is unowned on all three shards, it may disappear if the community being worked on needs the space. We have pro-actively reserved all small plots since those are often considered too small and will be first in line if we need to clear up space.

If a plot is owned, it doesn't matter what size the plot is. We will not take a plot away from any current subscriber. And we will not take away a plot from someone who owns it until after we start reclaiming plots.

If you have a plot which you feel is "too small" for your needs, and are willing to be "plotless" for a time, sell it back to the community.

Ignore everything Velea or I have said about the 1600 rule. Consider it for internal development use only, if you want. If you want to remember it, then do so as the goal that we're going to try to make plots larger
    Yeah it's good but there's this missing bit:

it is GREAT that you improve plots, but basically those who would like to stay in the same place (assuming their plot is not the one to be deleted to enlarge another over its area) are going to lose their buildings (not a big issue for me) and most of all, they WILL lose their plot even after it's upgraded, since it'll become more appetible and others will buy it.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Basically, in case you decide it'd be worth enlarging it (without affecting anything nearby), would it still be needed to remove everything on it?
    Probably the answer is yes, because doing so, you can just scrap it and draw a bigger one in its place.
    It might be easier for them, but they don't have to have you remove everything on it to upgrade the size, as long as they include the full old plot into the new plot it should still work.

I know one of my guildies woke up one day in Old Oaks and suddenly found himself in possession of a larger plot

Also if your on Choas, check out North crystal, 2 plots have obviously been enlarged there... that are fully built out at the old size. Owners must be MIA because they haven't built on the extra 20x100 space they now have.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Even if sold back, my plot is probably not going to be deleted because all it could needs is to be scaled up (there's some room around it) to say 45 x 45. Then it's all mountain around, only another (bigger) plot nearby. There's no cluster of tiny plots nearby, nor it's the tiny plot of a cluster.

Still, it's small and possibly eligible to be included in the number of plots to be edited.

Velea has been talking about deleting plots in order to increase the size of other nearby plots. So in your situation, it sounds like your particular plot either won't be touched anyway, or it will just be enlarged in place.

She also mentioned at one point that any enlarged plot needs to contain all of its previous area (post #63 in this thread), so we know that a plot can be enlarged without deleting it.

On the other hand, she's also said that when going through a community, you can't trust that your particular plot will still be there if you sold it back to the community (post #70). For instance, a community that had 12 plots before, may only have 8 larger plots now. Which four got deleted? All we can say for sure is that it wasn't one of the plots that was owned (post #79).

So, my suggestion, given the information you've provided us, is to just hang on to your plot and hope another strip of land appears in the next Imperial Assessment.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

No, if there is room around an existing plot, it does not need to be torn down and sold back to have the size changed.

it is GREAT that you improve plots, but basically those who would like to stay in the same place (assuming their plot is not the one to be deleted to enlarge another over its area) are going to lose their buildings (not a big issue for me) and most of all, they WILL lose their plot even after it's upgraded, since it'll become more appetible and others will buy it.
    This is not at all true, and I apologize that you've thought this from something someone said.

Simply put, if you want to keep your plot and structures on it, please do so, and wait and see what happens before deciding to what to do in the future.

why are there a lot of concerns?

lets wait and see what will happen and when they give us further infos

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Simple and straightforward... If it is owned on any server anywhere, just assume we can't touch it.
    This answer is informative but really doesn't answer my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerbreeze View Post
    Plot A, B & C are condemed and have been sold back to community on Chaos...
    Plot A, B & C are owned by community on Blight...
    Plot B is owned by community on Order, but Plot A & C are owned by inactive accounts and set for reclaim.

In this situation would Devs reclaim & increase the size of the plots before auctions, reclaim the plots & set then as condemed after auctions to be increased at a later date or just leave the tiny plots as they were with no changes ever?
    I understand that you will not touch owned plots, BUT.. in order to auction RECLAIMED Plots, you must first reclaim them... then put up for auction.. wait a few days for bidding.. & then annouce bid winners....

I am wondering if you will RECLAIM the plots, then adjust thier size BEFORE putting them up for the first auction... OR if you will reclaim them & just auction.. therefore leaving them out of the resizing phase completely & permanatly?

Thank you,
    Summer

my understanding is that small reclaimed plots would not be put up for auction, so unless they are resized beforehand they would simply not be available for sale once reclaimed. however, with guild subplots, i'm not sure how they would be handled since they're not eligible for general auction anyway. i think i was told that when reclaimed, they would simply be flagged for sale with structures intact (though i've gotten things mixed up before). thus, resizing of guild subplots where the main plot is already owned could happen independently of the auction.

on the other hand, i got the impression that they wanted to complete plot resizing before the auction so folks could know exactly what they were buying. i wonder if it will be a phased thing, as some plots open up after the initial auction wave that could then be resized?

What Awdz said is correct. Small plots will not be placed up for auction. When they are reclaimed, they will eventually either be resized or removed from the world.

I can not tell you when compared to auctions starting the resizing will happen in various parts of the world.

Have they fixed the issue with players being able to sell large plots (over 40x40) to other players? If not, do we have an eta?
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

No. No. And because I need more than two words, no.

This is just my opinion, but wouldn't it make more sense to do a plot reclaim first? Then worry about enlarging the smaller plots after that, based on demand?

Here's my reasoning: A lot of the large plots people want are owned by inactive players. Reclaim them, auction them to current players, and then the small plots that those active players now own are sold anyway, so they are still available for resizing - it's just that the current players get a plot now, instead of X months from now?

Kerech What they are going to do is do all the plots they can now so when they start the reclaim there will be more desirable plots open so maybe some people will move to them then they will go back and clear up more little plots that are freed up. I really do not think this will be a one time even but something they they do as they get chances.

why are there a lot of concerns?

lets wait and see what will happen and when they give us further infos
    I am not concerned, I'd just like to know if my "borderline eligible for resize" plot is going to be:

- left as is
    - resized
    - deleted

in case I sell it to community that is.

(for the record the plot is:

CommunityID 75044
    PlotID 202771
    Position 19634 23472)

... and if I could get the lair directly behind it I'd be the most happy dragon ever ;P
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information