Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 143

Default Re: Blight Delta 143

This is what I get for thinking that adding tool sockets to claws would be easy to do....
    Don't worry, we still all love you
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

*nods vigorously*
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

great news! thanks
    btw, if we strip the middle plot at Amon, will we get 2 larger plots? the 35x25 is owned by an awol guildmember but i can strip the middle 25x25 to accomidate resizing (chaos, btw) I always though Amon would be a good place for a lair, is that possible?
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    That's correct, since weapon claws are considered 'dragon scales' rather than 'weapons' most of the time. The tool claws are set up a little differently, and normally you shouldn't see weapon techs available when crafting them. They needed to be different from regular weapon claws so that tool crystals would work properly in them.

This is what I get for thinking that adding tool sockets to claws would be easy to do....
    ok, this was one of my biggest questions.. and i think this answers it.
    am i to understand that the reason the sockets weren't working right is because the previous claws were set up as weapons? .. i guess i thought it would be simpler, too, but i'm not a programmer.

other issues/concerns...

the old newbie islands. please tell me the removal of key NPCs isn't another nail in the coffin. people still use new brommel regularly for crafting... and there are still old players out there who consider those islands their home... their "childhood" memories are there... i know many people who would be very very sad to see places like new vassarak disappear (myself included, of course). those statues above that stream.... there's no other place like it in istaria. please don't remove those special little places of beauty.

also.. could i get clarification on "unlinked dragon abilities"?
    forgive my ignorance here.

Re: New Brommel, New Koraelia, and New Vassarak

Please don't get rid of these islands. Aside from the attachment some people have to them, and that they constitute more places to explore, and that they're still used for crafting and adventuring, it'd be a waste of their art assets. Either leave them as they are, or introduce new stuff to them.

Ryzom, another MMORPG, used to have four separate newbie islands. When they consolidated to just one, the original four went unused and inaccessible. It was a pitiful waste there and then, and it'd be the same here and now.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by dorrin View Post
    also.. could i get clarification on "unlinked dragon abilities"?
    forgive my ignorance here.
    Delta 142 accidentally linked the timers on a number of Dragon abilities - Amon was testing something and forgot to unlink them. This delta fixes that.

As mentioned before, now all regular fighting claws now say "Requirements not met". Only the demon claw and Blood Talon are equippable.

Glad the tool claws are working ok.

Nice to allow crystals to stack.

When is Fangs of Fury and The Primal Rage going to be made passive abilities and given to both poitical factions?? (and made to be -delay not +)

I just checked out the plot changes in the 3 communities - Aura and Amon look good. Nong still has many, many teeny tiny plots. Did that one get missed somehow?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order View Post
    I just checked out the plot changes in the 3 communities - Aura and Amon look good. Nong still has many, many teeny tiny plots. Did that one get missed somehow?
    Many of those plots are owned on Order. I guess they need to be sold to community before they can change any further

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Can be applied. Not "can be made". And no, it does not make them visible like clothing.
    I think I'm missing something here, but what's the point of having dyed scales when they aren't even visible?

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Dremora View Post
    I think I'm missing something here, but what's the point of having dyed scales when they aren't even visible?
    To sort them, when you have multiple sets. It's much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    To sort them, when you have multiple sets. It's much easier.
    Ah, ok. That makes sense =p

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

oh I forgot to ask, can we use dyes when making our scales ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    oh I forgot to ask, can we use dyes when making our scales ?
    I have all dye techs scribed, but cant dye scales yet (live, on Order). Someone would need to check on blight through.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

btw, if we strip the middle plot at Amon, will we get 2 larger plots? the 35x25 is owned by an awol guildmember but i can strip the middle 25x25 to accomidate resizing (chaos, btw) I always though Amon would be a good place for a lair, is that possible?
    I removed the far right plot. And then readjusted the road a little :P

I tried to make a lair work today but the angle of the cliff wall is wrong and I wasn't comfortable making changes to the steep cliffs there (since there are plots higher up above).

Re: New Brommel, New Koraelia, and New Vassarak
    We're not removing the islands. But we are removing the training possibilities to avoid confusion and let people focus on one island and updated trainers.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    I have all dye techs scribed, but cant dye scales yet (live, on Order). Someone would need to check on blight through.
    I scribed a dye to test it, Takora, and it seems scales cannot be dyed while crafting them. (I am assuming that it would show up as a technique to be added if that were possible. I could be wrong...)

I was able to dye the speed scales that I was wearing (after unequipping them, of course) using an Armour and Scale Dye Kit.

Okay I had a look at the communities you redesigned. Some of my comments are going to be duplicates of those already in this thread and stuff you have tried at a guess.

Amon:
    If its possible and the owners agree. I think a T2 guildhouse on the key plot would be better than the T4 guildhouse that takes up most of the plot.

Also if a dragon lair could be added, it would definately make that community better.

Considering the tiny area you had to work with, good changes.

Arua:
    Fabulously redesigned. Plots are MUCH more useful sizes and nicely laid out.

The biggest problem with this community is not design, but the fact its so far from the pad/teleport! Is there a chance of putting in a bridge from Surin community to just beside the key plot in Arua and running a road through the area? We of course would have to build the bridge if its doable!

Nong:
    Way too many little plots, but it sounds like you had major limitations in what you could do there. So I'll leave that alone.

I removed the far right plot. And then readjusted the road a little :P

I tried to make a lair work today but the angle of the cliff wall is wrong and I wasn't comfortable making changes to the steep cliffs there (since there are plots higher up above).
    Hey, thanks for looking and trying tho. I didn't know that you were altering roads, that bodes well for other guild towns.

*Edit* if you are refering to Aki up above, it is also owned by a long lost guldmember and we have all but abandoned it. when reclaims come we will most likely let it go.
    Last edited by Trust; June 15th, 2008 at 06:52 AM.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Default Kion/Sslanis trophy hunters dialog

<snip>Trophy Hunters in Kion and Sslanis will now give Trophy quests via the bucket system to adventurers levels 5 to 20.<snip>

My alt, Cerri, accepted a trophy hunter quest before the change, turned 21 in the course of acquiring the 5th trophy, and was no longer able to turn in the quest. Fair enough, of course. However, there was no dialog to explain what the problem was. It just said "You have not completed the quest you were given".

Perplexed, as she had all 5 trophies in her pack, she deleted the quest and tried to take it again (silly girl had forgotten it only went to level 20). Again, however, there was no dialog to refer to the fact that she was too old (usually trophy hunters will send you on to the next town). It gave the usual dialog asking her to collect the trophies, but the link to obtain the list of them does not work.

(Tested in both Kion and Sslanis)

BTW, she died in the process of getting that trophy (darned grass beetles like to gank), therefore tested the new food timers as well, and feels that they are a grave (no pun intended) improvement. Thanks for that.

We're not removing the islands. But we are removing the training possibilities to avoid confusion and let people focus on one island and updated trainers.
    Good, thanks for the reassurance.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Thread Information