Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why "disabled" quests?

Default Re: why "disabled" quests?

You are probably right, yet I would still like to have this conformed. And an approximate if possible of how long it is night time in Istaria, would make it easier to plan my online time to complete the quest.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

My understanding tho is that the day/night cycles are handled client side, (I.E. It can be miday on my screen but midnight on someone elses) Wouldnt that mean that quest cant do a specific time like that? Then again maybe the quest would just check to see what time the clent is showing.

Have you tried abandoning the quest and talking to the vault keeper again?
    I could be very wrong but I recall hearing that the vault upgrade quest were changed not long ago.

Okay, I have NO idea where you got the idea that anything in quests was tied to day-night cycle. But it isn't. No quests in the game are like that.

Dragonboy, the only reason a quest becomes disabled is if you don't meet the requirements of the quest any longer.

The requirements for the Vault VII upgrade quest are:

Level 70 in either adventurer/crafter
    Posses Vault VI

If you have both of those, then I don't know why it would show up as "disabled" unless the quest itself has become bugged on your character. And in that case, you should drop it and get the quest again.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Okay, I have NO idea where you got the idea that anything in quests was tied to day-night cycle. But it isn't. No quests in the game are like that.

Dragonboy, the only reason a quest becomes disabled is if you don't meet the requirements of the quest any longer.

Posses Vault VI

If you have both of those, then I don't know why it would show up as "disabled" unless the quest itself has become bugged on your character. And in that case, you should drop it and get the quest again.
    The way that the vault quests act (not only vault VII now) I must admit that I almost believed that there is a day/night timer. The strange thing about it is that one moment of the day it is enabled and the other moment it is disabled. While in both my adventure or craft school nothing has changed and I need vault VI to even start vault VII.

But I will try what you said... I will remove the quest and try to finish it at once and hope all shall be ok.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Vault quests time out eventually. Don't ask me why, but they do. That's why it's best to start them when you intend to complete them..

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

Posses Vault VI

Because one of the other Devs has said she goes home at Night. I also have the quest enable and disable. It is taking me a very long time to get the 2 gold I need for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSuns View Post
    Vault quests time out eventually. Don't ask me why, but they do. That's why it's best to start them when you intend to complete them..
    So in other words...
    Take the quest so that I know how much coin I need. Then remove the quest and start collecting. Then retake the quest when you have the coin?
    Sure it is an idea, but quite annoying as well, maybe there is really something wrong with the vault quests that it disables itself.

Or have any vaultkeeper or the woman give a list from Vault I to the last one about the cost of upgrading the vault. Something like a 0 bulk/1 stack piece of paper which shows the cost of each upgrade without having to take the quest. Saves me a lot of annoying moments.

Anyway... once I finish my latest batch of T2 Lattice I will move my dark grey/ black butt to Tazoon and retake the quest to see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSuns View Post
    No, they don't. There is no timer on any of them.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

the vault quests disable if you don't have the coin to complete them. i had vault IX disabled for the longest time...! but it re-enabled once i got the coin to complete it. now i have vault X quest disabled, only 1 gp more to go...

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    the vault quests disable if you don't have the coin to complete them. i had vault IX disabled for the longest time...! but it re-enabled once i got the coin to complete it. now i have vault X quest disabled, only 1 gp more to go...
    Have you seen the picture I placed in an earlier post. What you say is not always true, that is the strange thing about the Vault Quests.

btw... removing and retaking the quest allowed me to get my upgrade to vault VII, anyone know how much I need for VIII?

Thread Information