Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Newbie Hello Post

Default New Newbie Hello Post

HELLO, ISTARIA!

I just subscribed to Istaria for the first time. I tried the two week trial and decided to subscribe because I was having fun (mostly messing around on single-digit level characters as I figure out what I am doing) and because people were nice and helpful when I asked a bunch of newbie questions in the New Player Assistance channel. I previously played EQ, EQ2, and WoW, where a newbie had to have a thick skin if they wanted to ask a question, so it is a refreshing change. The whole game seems like a refreshing change from what I've played before.

I am playing on Chaos as a dryad named Alurinda (6 Mage/5 Cleric... and 5ish scholar), a Sslik named Lissabet (5 Warrior/Blacksmith), and a third character that was a Saris and then a Satyr but is now a dragon named Rosarien that I just started playing a little last night. Obviously I haven't gotten that far in the game yet, and I will be the first to admit that I am very slow to make progress in ANY game I play, but so far I am having fun.

Default Re: New Newbie Hello Post

hey welcome to istaria! hope your having a blast here ^_^
    i am saphire from the shard called order, pop in sometime if you wish to say hi or if you ever feel like rping a little bit!
    take care!
    ~Saphire
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Welcome to Istaria.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Welcome Lissabet! I am another "slow leveler", lol. No worries, though...it is all about having fun, and I am glad that you are enjoying the game.

I play on Blight shard (and frequently visit my first home, Order shard), so may not see you ingame, but do feel free to contact me via forums if I can help in any way.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by Lissabet View Post
    HELLO, ISTARIA!

I just subscribed to Istaria for the first time. I tried the two week trial and decided to subscribe because I was having fun (mostly messing around on single-digit level characters as I figure out what I am doing) and because people were nice and helpful when I asked a bunch of newbie questions in the New Player Assistance channel. I previously played EQ, EQ2, and WoW, where a newbie had to have a thick skin if they wanted to ask a question, so it is a refreshing change. The whole game seems like a refreshing change from what I've played before.

I am playing on Chaos as a dryad named Alurinda (6 Mage/5 Cleric... and 5ish scholar), a Sslik named Lissabet (5 Warrior/Blacksmith), and a third character that was a Saris and then a Satyr but is now a dragon named Rosarien that I just started playing a little last night. Obviously I haven't gotten that far in the game yet, and I will be the first to admit that I am very slow to make progress in ANY game I play, but so far I am having fun.
    Greetings to thee, new woken, aye, and thrice that greeting times three!

Were I to express any regret at thine own greeting, it might be that the Order lands that suffer mine own waking will not have the delight of thy presence to set against the burden I bring them ... In sooth they have need of all delight that may be when they must suffer the Fool among them .

Honour to thy waking, honour to thy spirit, and may the lands be all ye seek, that ye may be land's weal also.

Victory and Wealth to thee, new Gifted!

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

Welcome to Istaria, Lissabet! Glad to hear you found your way to New Player Assistance. Don't be afraid to ask questions here, either (but remember always that Search Is Your Friend ).

There are also several folks here who speak Sephiranoth, so don't hesitate to ask for a translator if you need one.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Welcome to Istaria! Afraid I can't think of anything more than that to say.

*serves lissabet some delicious klava with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome to istaria!
    *beeps lissabet on the nose, says, "TAG! you're IT!" and scampers off*

Hi there! I also went through a half dozen MMO's. This is one in the 'keep' pile. Community's best I've seen anywhere.

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcomes! I am having a great time so far. I only have the basic subscription, but I may yet upgrade to have space to come visit Order, once I know what I am doing.

*looks around for someone to tag*
    Lissabet/Rosarien/Alurinda of Chaos

My Petting Zoo

Who said we had to know what we were doing?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

hehe... Most of the time, I have no idea what's going on.

But I just meant that I will probably upgrade my subscription after I get a better grip on things.

My Petting Zoo

welcome i am Agua Rush ancient helian dragoness of the choas shard when im bored i normally hang round NT (New Trismus) and talk to young ones so if u should ever need a claw feel free to send a tell i am also known as Lolaya- saris and Ula- hatchling see ya around *takes off and flys into the istarian sky*

I will look for you. I am mostly around New Trismus yet anyway. I am mostly playing Lissabet and Rosarien so far.

You can't miss Rosarien. She's a chubby, pink hatchling.

My Petting Zoo

Welcome Lissabet,

you`ll find me, purple ancient dragoness on order and chaos.

Don`t hesitate to ask for assistance

Hello there, and welcome. I'm the big, green one flying around biting things...

Find the Gnomekindle Dragon and get a free gift...

Welcome to Istaria!

Shargrailar

lil late but shush, welcome Lissabet! I think I saw your Sslik around while you were on trial
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Thanks for the welcome. I bet you did see me. I am all over New Trismus.

And I am STILL all over New Trismus. What can I say? Quick progress is NOT what I am known for. That, and my husband stealing my play time by giving me those puppydog eyes and hinting (not very subtle hinting!) that he wants me to come play EverQuest with him... Yeah, I am even slower than usual right now.

My Petting Zoo

Hello Lissabet and welcome!

As you see, this is the game where a Developer personally welcomes new players. Quite a change from WoW, isn't it?

Second: unlike other games, no one cares for "quick progress here".

We care of good persons instead, not of pixels.

Uh, if you need newbie things made, don't exitate to contact me, I can make several both dragon and non dragon things.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information