Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Broken crafting quests?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Broken crafting quests?

Ok, now that I've had the chance to review this thread fully, let me see if I can make some sort of sense to prove to Mensar that DLSH and DCRA are not the exact same class with the exception of what is made for final products.

Dragon crafter as it levels gains skill points in gemworking, mining, quarrying, salvaging, transmutation, spellcraft, essence shaping, essence harvesting, dragon scalecraft, smelting, stoneworking and ingenuity.

Dragon lairshaper as it levels gains skill points in lairshaping.

At this point, neither class gains skill points in crystalshaping. Many hope that this will be resolved with the addition of the crystalshaper class or incorporation into the lairshaping skill set such that it does gain experience but is not capable of being used as a class-grinding gain.

This class design was a prototype for a craft class revamp prior to EI/PME/NGW taking over. The issue of the time was to determine how to make certain biped craft classes more appealing and unique (gatherer/miner). If the system had been implemented, biped crafting would've required gatherer/miner to obtain the raw resources and do processing to gain experience. Processing raw resources in any other crafting class would not have given any experience at all (such is the case of making orbs, bars, bricks, processed gems, and intermediates as a lairshaper). Any finished goods made would not give experience in gatherer/miner (as it is now). Only those classes who made the final goods as part of their crafting set would get experience (as it is now).

Lairshaper was intended to be different than crafter, without the capability to bootstrap on raw resource processing, like the biped classes currently can. As designed, lairshaping's greatest experience gains were to be in the placement of resources, even moreso than in the creation of the lairshaping units. Again, this is different than crafter, in which case the experience is more balanced for processing and final goods creation based on number of processed goods used.

And, as Amon said, this is as designed.

And, returning to the original question about the craft quests being broken, it works thusly:
    Lairshaper class locks out crafting class quests. It is as intended. It works in the same way that changing adventure classes as a biped can and does lock out certain quests given by adventure trainers of other schools and, additionally, locks out certain abilities depending on the adventure class. That way, you are not gaining experience or rewards for one class when you are not using that class. In this design, I think it is the same in nearly all MMORPG systems out there.
    Last edited by C`gan; June 27th, 2008 at 01:58 PM.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Well, since the time has lapsed on editing, I have to put in another post.

Swap out skill points with experience points.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    And yet the postings still happen again and again and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    Classic psychosis...
    Nothing to add, but lots to say.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Well, since the time has lapsed on editing, I have to put in another post.

Swap out skill points with experience points.
    I appreciate that post, C`gan.

I'm good though, really. I suppose on the lighter side, if I never have to level DCRA that's fine. I'll just have to keep up to date on my crafting scales a little moreso than a DCRA in order to keep pace with my two DCRAs that gather alongside my DLSH.

No worries.

I just hope they put in a gatherer class. Maybe we'll get enough skill points to actually gather. Never said I was too lazy to do two classes.. just wanted to NOT do DCRA when I'm wanting to just do DLSH.

Gathering is another story

Thanks everyone for your helpful and insightful responses... the ones that actually posted something constructive that is.

Why not use DCRA as the gathering class? It's what Tagath does. He doesn't make scales or spells.

There will not be a Dragon Gather, with the biped Gather and Miners already being thought of as so weak and just a class gained to improve gathering for your other main craft class.

Thread Information