Thread: Back.... again :)

Default Back.... again :)

Hi Chaos Community

I have returned yet again and actually have been stomping around for about a week or so. I plan on an extended stay this time

I started Istaria (Horizons) way back at launch in December 2003. The game to me was unique. I was coming off of 4 years of Asheron's call. The crafting was something I enjoyed.. a little to much. I played on the Energy Server. Some of the uniqueness was unlocking the various races and freeing various lands. From working on the tunnels to global construction projects shaping the world was fun and interesting. We had a guild and a bunch of people to play with.

Slowly as with everything going on people left and the shards were merged. While it was a much for the game to survive I was saddened. It felt like all the work that was done to better shard was lost and the plot that was given to me by a very good friend when he lest that I has spend a month solid working on to get built. (This was before Tiered shops, this was the old school buildings) Yes I had the novians but it was still sad. When that happened I took my first break for about a month and came back and rebuilt. For the next 2 years I was in and out of the game. Whenever I came back Soth was always around to fill me in on changes and whatnot. Soth as far as I was aware was one of the few people I knew that were still around from Energy. I had joined his Guild and have been apart of it ever since.

After January 2007 I stopped, stopping in and playing a few times a month. I had lost faith in the game and didn't expect it to last the year under the management of EI. When VIRTRIUM came along and picked up the game I immediately re subbed. The fact that the game was getting updates and there seemed to be a plan was great. I logged in and worked on some crafting but didn't stay. While change was in the winds I was not ready to return. I would always follow the patches. Finally last week I re subbed and logged in. I have been playing every day since.

As for what I have been playing regularly since May 2004 on and off is City of Hero's. I only log in there 2 times a week now just to do SG and community stuff. I go by Ice Knight on the Justice server.

Istaria now takes a bulk of my time. I think its just that after 11 level 50's and so much time invested I needed a change before I entered burnout. Istaria is that change and I am glad its still here for me to change into.

Vitality is my main and I generally craft, however I have been venturing deep into the adventure side of Istaria. I can't wait to see what the next year holds and I hope to see everyone in game.

Viitality
    In and Out of Istaria/Horizons since December 2003

Default Re: Back.... again :)

Welcome back Vitality!

Smile Re: Back.... again :)

what server were you on AC? played on Leafcull as Dadga Silverhand, Morningthaw as Wylonus, Solclaim as Wulfgar III.
    i just also recently came back since last played March 2004, rough time for me.
    i was sad about AC2's unplugged, HZ and AC2 are those most unique settings, i tried DDO, but didnt like how the rewards and repair cost they made me go broke.
    then jump on Eq2, and did like for awhile until Blackguard's departure from dev team, and that game went the direction i didnt like and not comfortable with raid concept, i got bored with raids and not able to get any heroic quests finished without any groups. many member i knew left Eq2 for other better games or retired from MMO games.
    i failed to understand why AoC and SoH required high end computers to run, but they seem too limited to those expensive computers, hurting themselves with low sales due to players' limited budgets and cost alot to upgrades.
    when i played Eq2's paladin, it feel too weak, and been nerfed on soloability with even conned mobs, forcing to hunt low end mobs to gain levels and limited loots while bezerkers or pet-class summoners are too easy to solo any named heroic mobs well above thier level range, it made me feel gimped and sorely missed playing AC2's Defender class, they rocked and better survivability to solo.
    it funny that i heard David Bowman did involved with AC2 project before doing HZ, both are unique.
    all other MMO are just copycat clones and that get old fast.

i used to play AC, my first MMORPG experiances, and it still alive and running, and i wish it get serious graphic upgrade and breathe new life once again.

so i came back to HZ to play my dragon, nothing can beat playing dragon and watch it grow.

Welcome back as well

Thanks for the warm welcome back.

In AC I played on Solclaim for my first year and a half or so as Alexander the Second (Mage) then I played on Harvestgain as an Archer (Alexander the Hunter) for my final 2.5 years. AC was a great game, a graphics update would really reopen that game to alot of people. Like Istaria its a very unique game.

I have not really played a dragon up. I have one I made years ago (OldSchool) but he is still in his teens. Someday I will level him up.
    In and Out of Istaria/Horizons since December 2003

Welcome back

Thread Information