Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maintenance: Curious Question.

Default Maintenance: Curious Question.

This has been something I have been curious about for a long, long time...

What is so special about Tuesday 5AM - 11AM PDT time period, that multiple MMORPGs want to update at THIS particular timeframe?

Honestly. I am so bored right now... two of my three MMOs are down, and I can't think of anything to do on the third.

I think I liked it better when Maintenance was on Wednesday during the EII takeover, even though I hate EII, that was one small minor thing good about it. At least that way, WoW or Hz would be up, one of the two.

I've always wondered, though.... Why Tuesday? Why the 5-11AM slot? Gah.

Tuesday just... I dunno, seems like such a weird time to do maintenance to a game, to be honest...

And before anyone reaches for their flame fingers, I'm not bashing, I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering why two of my three games have the exact same maintenance schedules...

Default Re: Maintenance: Curious Question.

No clue why but you can check out www.dragonfable.com, www.mechquest.com both free persistent flash games or http://www.kongregate.com a site with thousands of flash games.

I read that there were less players connected on Tuesday and thursday, and that's why maitnenance is usually performed those days.

Age of Conan (I'm playing now) and LOTRO are both up right now...
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Yeah my understanding is its statistically the quietest time of the week for MMOs, plus of course the hours means most people are in bed (unless you're connecting from the UK like me and just got home from work!) Even the EU servers for WoW are similar, but its Wednesday 3am-5am (I think) unless there's a big patch in which case it's 3am - 11am I believe. It's only on the Wed because that way if there are problems with the American one of the Tuesday, they can be warned.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Hz still down i wonder what the hamsters are doing ?
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Coffee break.

If they were still across the pond... (checks clock and adjusts)...

Nope. Way past tea time.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

hmm how long are ther severs normly down ??
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    No clue why but you can check out www.dragonfable.com, www.mechquest.com both free persistent flash games or http://www.kongregate.com a site with thousands of flash games.

yeap i got a lifetime membership at dragon fable and adventurequest - one time payment and you can play forever! so very sweet for when you are at work or can't play a major game......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Still down

Hamsters get back to work !

Sneaks up on them on another coffee break

ROAR

starts to run in there weals again
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Seems like a pretty long maintenance. Hope nothing got broken.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

We are likely getting a patch.
    With patches, I've seen Chaos and Order down past 4pm, with Order coming back online first. If something were broken, it'd likely be on just one server, not on both (unless a patch caused a db problem).
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

*wakes up with waffle face from her keyboard to check server status*
    __________________________________________________ __________

would you rather have maintaince on wednesdays?
    Turbunegames do on weds or but rarely on tues once every month, Guild Wars do on early fridays before updating events each week.
    Eq2 do usaully done on thursday, often did on mondays to reboot the servers if laggy get bad.

i dont know too much about other MMO games, would you like all of them do on same day?
    guess not, i think tuesdays is best day.
    to avoid "lost times" on weekends, lot of folks isnt happy with downtimes since other game players plan on raids, events, or other stuffs for major gatherings went down the tube if that happen on friday or saturday nights.
    tuesday is early prevention check ups before going offical live log-ins for rest of the week.

Bah ... past 2:30pm (MNT) and still no server. Hmmm, guess I need to change my work schedule so I work on Tuesdays
    What?!?! You mean I can kill things here too?!?!
    War-85, Dru-45, Cler-20
    100s-Outfiiter, Tailor, Jeweler, Blacksmith -- others 0-87

If they would just post patch notes, that would at least give everyone something to chew on.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

After 9 hours, unless there is a major problem, I think we may be getting a patch or 2. Just looked back at Delta 142 & 143 and I want them! Caps and crystal stacking and all the rest... yeah!

Sigh still down any word from the dev team yet Death or any one with connections

Reply to Image
    Perhaps the summer event or the blighted labyrinth as well ?

any way the suspense is killing me toss us a bone already devs !

i think they got wrong team of hamsters which they turn out to be guinea pigs which they dont do well on wheels.
    super hotfix hamsters from area 51 on the way to assist.

LOL

Random words to post moooooo

Thread Information