Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard is working on Diablo 3

Talking Blizzard is working on Diablo 3

I am pretty well stoked about about it. You can watch a fairly long game play video at http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Default Re: Blizzard is working on Diablo 3

Indeed. I'm not all that excited. Don't get me wrong, I loved D2 but I will play the SP only, so it will keep me quiet for a couple months perhaps and that is it. While I do believe D3 will technically be the better game, Sacred 2 is the one I'm most excited about, mainly coz its the only community to rival this one here and I know that will keep me quiet for years to come!

The cinematic trailer is awesome for D3, good to see Blizz haven't lost their touch. I remember the first time I saw the intro for D2, sheer amazement and this certainly seems to be continuing
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Still love diablo 2, the story is great and stuff hehe. Cool trailer for diablo 3.

About sacred, it was so buggy that I had 3 times to restart my campagin, after that I gave simply up that bugged game. Great concept but too buggy. meh.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

ya know what i want to see return?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Keeper
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I loved the Salamanders in dungen keeper 2, I still wait for dungeon keeper 3. I still play one awhile dungeon keeper 2 to amuse myself.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Check out the EU site has more info..... unless the us site is just not fully loading for me which would not surprise me right now.

i have managed never to play diablo.

I saw it pop up earlier and tried to watch the movies but computer was generally unhappy with it. Looks cool though.

Another game on my list.

Fallout 3
    Starcraft 2
    X3: Terran Conflict

And now Diablo 3

Salis

Hehehe. I have been playing Dungeon Keeper for the past few days!

Snuggledell will fall! Yes it will! =)

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    ya know what i want to see return?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Keeper
    Oh no kidding! I love that game still do. Wonder if it works on my current operating system...

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Wow.... wasn't all that interested until I saw those movies. Then I remembered why I liked Diablo 2.

I'm a bit skeptical though. The beauty of Diablo 2 was the storyline and how it was better than it's predecessor- a very rare thing among media. I'd just hate to play it and the storyline be ever weak as it is liken to a movie sequel.

One of my worries too Shian, that is the main reason I like Diablo, it has an amazing story that really works well, and the cinematics carry it across perfectly. It would be kind of odd to play a Diablo game without Diablo in it, but I don't want another "sigh... well we THOUGHT you killed him but...errrmm.... seems his soul escaped into someone else again... #cough# you'd think we'd have seen it coming huh?"
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Well the cinematic didnt get me, but the gemplay trailer was it that made me very exited about it. It is like the old diablo, just in 3D weeeeee. And the diablo at the end of the cinematic, maybe he is reborn or just a nightmare or stuff who knows.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    Oh no kidding! I love that game still do. Wonder if it works on my current operating system...
    if your current is vista - it does not work on mine, nor 2 either - which is why it is the only game that could get me to buy an ea products for the first time in at least 6 years.....

dk is/was the best pc game ever ever EVER!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

rofl I love how one of the most anticipated games in the industry has, on two forums I frequent, ended up in a discussion of another game instead of a huge amount of hype.

Quote Originally Posted by pevil2000 View Post
    One of my worries too Shian, that is the main reason I like Diablo, it has an amazing story that really works well, and the cinematics carry it across perfectly. It would be kind of odd to play a Diablo game without Diablo in it, but I don't want another "sigh... well we THOUGHT you killed him but...errrmm.... seems his soul escaped into someone else again... #cough# you'd think we'd have seen it coming huh?"
    Well, we do have a lot left storywise to cover, so hopefully they won't screw it up. We could go after the third brother to make the circle whole.

Would make sense to go after him since we've already vanquished the born-again-in-the-wanderer diablo. Baal's also going to be a bit of a problem. From the cinemactic, I'm guessing that's what's going on- We're thrown into the aftermath of the ending of Diablo 2. >.<

Me and a good friend of mine have found ourselves playing diablo 2 again. Its like the announcement of d3 sparked an urge to run round the good old game eating mounds and hordes of demons.

There is still the Lesser Evils. D3 could be about Azmodan, Lord of Sin, and Belial, Lord of Lies.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    You could try MS Virtual PC, Dosbox, or VMWare Workstation. A few points:

MSVpc does run games in Dos mode (not within windows). When running windows games, if they run at all, the screen does not refresh. You do get sound though.

Dosbox... I've seen it run Win 3.1, but not anything else yet. It runs Dos games great. It would be great if it could manage windows games too.

VMWare Workstation ... a bit new to me, but seems slower than MSVpc overall. With Windows games, if they run at all, I get the same screen refresh problem. I do get game sounds. I've not got Dos drivers working yet to run games (sound, cdrom, etc). Near impossible to find.. However this one does have very limited D3d support, as well as Usb support so you can use all that stuff that doesn't work on Vista.

Hope this helps a little.

Rakku

Thread Information