Thread: Death points?

Default Death points?

How exactly do they work, what do they affect and how long do you have them?
    Someone told me they last 8 hours of real time that includes even when you're logged off the game, is that true?

Default Re: Death points?

When you're lvl 10 or higher every time you die you get a deathpoint. They effect your statistics in a negative way. And yes they last for 8 hours real time, so when you have a deadpoint and you log of and start playing the next day the point will be gone (considering the next day is 8 hours or more later :)
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

Cool! thanks for the quick reply and info[*][Y]

The actual death penalty is shorter though, I think the debuff lasts for roughly 5 minutes per death point you have. The penalty is up to -20% to your stats and skills - but devs have been rumbling about increasing that to the vicinity of -75% in the future.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi1985
    When you're lvl 10 or higher every time you die you get a deathpoint.

argh...i got 2 death points from falling in the river on the new vassell (sp) training island. major suckiness and my cleric is only level 8

I'm very sorry to hear that [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]
    Think it should have been any lvl, not just the active one...
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

:o I totally would like to see a dp penalty increase beyond 20%... I see people running about with 20-30 dps, not caring about dying again... They include the loss of ability to their fighting... Honestly, it would be more of something to instill fear if the penalty took from the exp they got. People would really not want to die if the dp's slowed game progress....
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Well ambrosia will remove the entire death point if its available at your level, if not food is still useable for all tiers and levels. food works and works well but sadlyu untill they re-write/change/update they are currently limited to 3/4/5/6 minute off forms and at Journeyman level they are missing 24 food formulas technically if you ate 8 soups 6steaks6 pickled six jerkies 6roasts six pies 6 stews it would be
    8x3min+6x3min+6x4min(x2)+6x5min(x2)+6x6min(x2) for a total of 3 hours 36 minuets every 10 minutes as food does have a recycle time.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

:o problem solved...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Woha, calm down. No personal attacks on the forums.

Per the Player rules you are supposed to report exploits and bugs. No reason not to, it only helps make the game better.

And yes, the death point effect will be worsened. I remember seeing a post by a developer on the Tazoon boards. If there is currently a cap to the Death Effect, some won't mind DPs above that cap as they have no desire (or incentive) to let the DPs fade toward 0.

I like to keep 0 DPs or very few (i.e. craft them away) . . . seems more proper in the RP theme. Why have so many?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

MODERATOR !
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Quote Originally Posted by Magfuddle
    MODERATOR !
    Um, no one is arguing why are you screaming for a mod?

All I can say about the death penalty being increased is...

FIX the damned CTDs.

Bottom line, it sucks to be in the middle of a fight, CTD and come back dead...

OR, CTD, log back in, be frozen, suddenly see your life points start to tank, and fall over dead before you can run away...even worse, you have Bleed IX on you as you are running away with only about 100 hp when you FINALLY can move.

Fix it so that you have at least a 3 minute window upon login where you are immune to damage, but can run out of range. The instant you initiate an attack prior to the 3 minute "grace" period your damage immunity ceases at that point.

Oh...and multicast, sucks to throw it up and crash, come back, and have to wait 3.5 minutes for it to recycle. Same with other buffs, especially if you're gonna get whaled on the minute you log back in after a crash.

TY.

Thread Information