Thread: Dragon Tool Claw Techs

Default Dragon Tool Claw Techs

You can't add on a dragon tool claw Lairshaping, Crystalshaping and Scalecraft! *sniff*

I think a devs forgot to add them somehow, since Spellcrafting is applyable on the claw.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Default Bug-Dragon tool claws not taking lairshaping/crystalworking techs?

Is this a bug or intended? would seem we should be able to add both lairshaping and crystalshaping to tool claws..as of current you cannot do so. just giving a heads up

Default Re: Bug-Dragon tool claws not taking lairshaping/crystalworking techs?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Default Re: Dragon Tool Claw Techs

Nope, they weren't forgotten - in fact, they were the first techs set up to be used and they all tested fine internally. I'll have a look at them as soon as I can.

As I've noted elsewhere, the next time I think a change is going to be quick and easy, I'm going to remind myself of these tool claws.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Merged threads reporting the same issue.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Just tried to make them on blight was unable to add those techs to it.
    Last edited by MarshDog; January 28th, 2009 at 11:41 PM.

Just saw you can add to the weapon claws ALL crafting techs, including lairshaping, crystalshaping and scalecraft.

Seems a dev mixed up the claws, I think the weapon claws aren't supposed to be able to be teched with crafting techs. (grammar? )

No, Takora, nothing was mixed up. Claws, like all dragon scales, can take both craft & combat techs. What wasn't working was using tool crystals in weapon claws. That's really why tool claws had to be created. Put a tool crystal in a weapon claw, and you can't equip it because the crystal overwrites the claw's keywords & requirements.

So, yes, you can add all the crafting techs you want to a combat claw - you just can't put a tool crystal in it. Now, getting the tool claw to play nice - that's turning out to be a royal, er Imperial pain...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    No, Takora, nothing was mixed up. Claws, like all dragon scales, can take both craft & combat techs. What wasn't working was using tool crystals in weapon claws. That's really why tool claws had to be created. Put a tool crystal in a weapon claw, and you can't equip it because the crystal overwrites the claw's keywords & requirements.

So, yes, you can add all the crafting techs you want to a combat claw - you just can't put a tool crystal in it. Now, getting the tool claw to play nice - that's turning out to be a royal, er Imperial pain...
    I don't see the point to have crafting techs on a weapon claw, since we now have a tool claw.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    I don't see the point to have crafting techs on a weapon claw, since we now have a tool claw.
    Yep I agree, it should be diveded in weapon and Tool, like the bipeds have. You cant tech smelting on a sword can't you?

No but its irrelevant isnt it? nothing thatshurting the game but hopefully tool claws start cooperating =).

Also probably easier to set it so all claws can take em than 1 can and 1 cant. safer too as it seems lots of tweaks can be a real risk with the coding

Takora, Zexoin, please re-read my post. Dragon scales take both types of techs. Weapon claws are not weapons, the way a sword or axe are, but dragon scales modified to function like weapons. A tool claw is not a tool, the way a mining pick is, but a dragon scale. They will both take both kinds of techs under normal circumstances.

If it were easy and simple to make claws function as both tools and weapons, they would have worked perfectly four or five deltas ago.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

I understand better
    Thanks for the explanation LO

I think the expert tool claw hasn't the correct requirement, it says 1 Scalecraft. The requirement should be 800 Scalecraft or something.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    No, Takora, nothing was mixed up. Claws, like all dragon scales, can take both craft & combat techs. What wasn't working was using tool crystals in weapon claws. [..] They will both take both kinds of techs under normal circumstances.
    If this is the case, then Tool Claws lack Adventure Techs (T&C, Primal, Dragon Breath)

best,
    Arcat
    Last edited by Arcat; July 5th, 2008 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcat View Post
    If this is the case, then Tool Claws lack Adventure Techs (T&C, Primal, Dragon Breath)

best,
    Arcat
    they also lack the scalecraft, lairshaping and crystalshaping techs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    they also lack the scalecraft, lairshaping and crystalshaping techs.
    I stated that already in my first post of this thread.

The three missing dragon techs have been fixed internally and should go to Blight with the next delta.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Thanks LO!

Are the three Adventure techs also available for Tool Claws?

best,
    Arcat

Not a bug per se as it may have been intended. This is not meant to be a biped vs dragon issue, but if intended, some reasoning would be nice...

Dragon Tool Claw has BOTH a skill and a level requirement to use. Doesn't do a dragon a lot of good to get 100 crafter, then have to use a T1 claw when he moves to lairshaping.

Biped tools on the other hand are only skill restricted. There is no level requirement. Got a level 100 Blacksmith...no problem...now many your other schools can now use a mithril stone chisel, mithril axe, mithril wood saw, etc.

Hey...if there's a reason behind this, other than 'because', then fine. Just thought I'd point it out and seek clarification.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Thread Information