Thread: (Gem) Golem Chip Icons

Default (Gem) Golem Chip Icons

Can the icons for gem golem chips be switched to something that doesn't resemble the icon for uncut gems (or any other loot drop, for that matter)?

PleeEeeAAAsssEeEE?

Or am I the only one who has trouble telling the two apart?

Default Re: (Gem) Golem Chip Icons

No you're not, lol, I always have to check which is which

Oh yes please, make other icons !

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

They are easy to tell apart. They are bigger.

When i tilt my glasses and peer at the screen about an inch away i can tell the difference between the 2 :P

Agree with ranqthas here they need to be made more 'user friendly' to tell the difference between.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

I disagree with you Deth.

They are "slightly" bigger but when you are in a hurry to loot and run and don't want to load your inventory up with raw uncut gems, the sizes are too close. Maybe a triangular icon of the same color as the resource.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I agree that they're similar, but for the most part it's easy to tell which is which when you have 300 of one and 3 of the other.

But I always stop and check, just in case. You can never be in so much of a hurry that you can't spare the time to double check yourself. After all, making a mistake like that will just slow you down more.
    <----clicky!

Maybe use the stone golem fragments and recolor them?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Why not just add a dot to the middle of the image or something.. that way it would be quite easy to tell the difference.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

There are a couple of unused or very rarely used gem/crystal icons available. Possibly use one of those? If created from scratch, I would suggest something similar to a 12 or 20 sided die, though not as regular in shape. It would only have to be made once, and then just tint and/or use shaders for the different versions.

Drev

I wanted to say I am not against the change just that I can tell at a glance my self.

Could just take the chip icon and tilt it so it's at a 45 degree angle instead of viewing it straight-on. Or make the uncut gem even smaller to match the other gems.

Either way, I have little trouble telling the difference between the two simply because I don't think I've looted a single gem-There's always more than one and not too terribly puzzling as to why this one citrine isn't stacking with the other gems.

No necessarily true, Shian... I've had some annoying golems that, for whatever reason, have 13 uncut citrine and 1 uncut citrine. Just loot it and you get 14. Dunno why they don't stack. *shrug* Other mobs that drop resources have that issue, as well.

You know... I doubt it'd be too hard for someone to make a mod for this. After all, you'd just need to replace the current image of the components with one of your own, right? Unless the fact that the components and uncut gems have the same image means the devs were taking a shortcut, and they actually refer to the same image, just one is scaled up a bit.

Cheaters. o.O
    <----clicky!

You get two seperate stacks when the loot table rolls uncut gems on both tries. It doesn't autostack them, I believe, because they are item creation calls not simply moving an item into the corpse inventory (which would activate the autostack function).

Drev
    Last edited by Drevar; July 2nd, 2008 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    You get two seperate stacks when the loot table rolls uncut gems on both tries. It doesn't autostack them, I believe, because they are item creation calls not simply moving an item into the corpse inventory (which would activate the autostack function).

Drev
    If that is true, then why don't they just forbid the game from rolling Uncut Gems twice in a row?

If Uncut Gems was already rolled, make it so that rolling Uncut Gems -again- causes a re-roll, until something OTHER than Uncut Gems is rolled.

That way, you would never get more than 1 stack of Uncut Gems.

OR,

At the End of the Loot Table code, when it is done figuring out what the mob has, add a Sort routine to the very end of the process. It would roll Uncut Gems... roll again, come up with Uncut Gems again, and then when "End of Loot" happens, run a Sort routine, which would cause the auto-stacking to happen, and THEN end the Loot Procedure and then the server tells the client what loot is on the mob.

I know that's how it works, Drev. It's the only way that makes sense, from a programming standpoint.
    <----clicky!

Thread Information