Thread: Target window could use a target menu

Default Target window could use a target menu

Expecially as big dragon who has his pain selecting stuff nearby, I'd like that the current target info window would add a "gather" and "loot from corpse", "invite" etc. menus added in its current basic menu.

This way I would not have to get crazy at performing operations on stuff / people I already selected previously, doubling the need to move away, rotate camera etc. (don't like having to use setscale) just to i.e. loot the mob I had to select already some seconds ago.
    Sure I made a "/snc" macro but in case I have to invite people or have a pile of corpses etc. it will not be that useful.

Adding a target actions menu in the window supposed to give target informations would sound like natural.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Default Re: Target window could use a target menu

I agree entirely.

That and when you have a PILE of corpses, trying to double click the one you just killed to loot it can be a pain in the butt, and I hate having to type /loot every time I kill something... that can waste precious time if I am being attacked by multiple mobs, when I am hunting things like trophies or tech comps.. I can't just let the corpse lie there and not loot it; that defeats the purpose of why I am there.

If I kill more and don't loot them, if the corpses fall ontop of each other, I find myself with a 5+ min corpse sorting, especially in areas where mobs repop almost instantly.

Very nice idea.

You tried to make a marco?

That is my loot macro:

/setscale 0.1
    /loot

Huzza, open window, grab the stuff and the mob is so tiny that you don't click on it again.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I'd think about doing that, Takora, but... I am starting to run out of hotkey room *now*.

My Battle Abilities span 4 pages, and crafting abilities take up 2, so that's 6 of the 10 used, and trust me, in the middle of battle, I'm starting to forget which bar has which ability... I dunno how these people can run their game with their UIs filled to the brim of icons and hotkey bars, like I've seen in some screenshots...

I'm using 9 hotkey bars, 4 for combat and 3 for crafting. The other two either automatically equip certain scale sets or have my random hotkeys on it (/setscale, loot, nearest enemy, disk functions). I have them all layed out at the same time, because it would be a horrible hassle to have only one bar and have to switch all the time.

I put a picture of my UI in that one topic in the 'fun stuff' of the forums, if you want to hunt it down and see what I'm talking about.

I don't have anywhere to put my 10th hotkey bar.
    <----clicky!

That's what I mean, how the heck do you guys keep from forgetting which bar is what.. lol. That and I don't like too much stuff covering the screen, I like to see where I'm going and such.

If I have 9 out, I don't need to worry about which is which. The icons tell me.

Yes, it adds to clutter... but if you do things right it won't take up too much room.

I really like hiding my UI sometimes though... you can see so much more!
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    You tried to make a marco?

That is my loot macro:

/setscale 0.1
    /loot

Huzza, open window, grab the stuff and the mob is so tiny that you don't click on it again.
    to make that work you must instal the setscale command, which is not user-friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    to make that work you must instal the setscale command, which is not user-friendly.
    Huh? Even I managed to copy the file in the override folder, open it, paste the string into the file and save it. It is not rocket science to do this.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Huh? Even I managed to copy the file in the override folder, open it, paste the string into the file and save it. It is not rocket science to do this.
    no it's not, but this shouldn't be player-made. Some people don't know how to proceed, some people don't even know about setscale. It's not because you know it that everyone does.

So player mods should't be player made? Setscale was in the game, then they removed it, player brought it back, same with the original ancient size, so it is bad?

Tako, dear

I`m one of those "blondes" who would not be able to install setscale myself.
    (ahh- I hate to admit that^^)
    So I`m with Zex here. Do not overestimate the technical knowledge of some players here!

And I´m with Vahrokh- cause I do not like setscale- (Flame has it- so I `ve seen it).

Pls devs- think about it

I would love to use setscale but I haven't been game to install it because if I screw it up, I have no way of fixing it! Its why I tend to use the default settings for most things.

You put the modified file in the override folder, if it doesnt work just delete it from that folder and all is good again.

But if most push their hands in the air and shout "No!", I can't do anything about it.

You put the modified file in the override folder, if it doesnt work just delete it from that folder and all is good again.

But if most push their hands in the air and shout "No!", I can't do anything about it.
    The point that you don't seems to get is that player-made mods should not be needed to play a game, because they are not easy to set up (read the posts above). Something like the original ancient models or the sound mod I made are only cosmetics, they are not needed. Most of players don't even go on these boards and thus don't even know about the mods. However, the looting is a real problem in this game ; if you don't believe me just do a search, there are plenty of threds about that.
    It requires work from the developpers team, not anything player-made, and must affect every single player.

I hope I was clear, if not feel free to ask any questions.

I chosed not to stick my head in the sand and searched for a solution of that problem. I found a solution for that looting problem, the setscale command. If people are too lazy to search for a solution and only complain about the problems, and when I offer them the solution I found, they don't need to cry at me.

People need to learn that nothing is handed on a silver plate, sometimes you have to work out things for yourself. Yeah it is a game, but the devs here have a very limited time to work on more important things, like bugfixing. The solution is there, you just need to grab it.

When I'm playing a game, I'm supposed to have fun, not to work on some technical isse. And who's crying at you ? I am just trying to explain you why it is needed. Oh but I forgot I was harrassing. It seems that you only read what you want, so no point to argue with you. You're not a developper nor a CSR as far as I know, so starting from now, what I say is adressed to them and not to you.
    I still think Varokh's suggestion is a great one.

I would rather someone developed a way to do the things that /setscale helps with without making that function available to players in the first place, for reasons that I'm tired of arguing about.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

I chosed not to stick my head in the sand and searched for a solution of that problem. I found a solution for that looting problem, the setscale command. If people are too lazy to search for a solution and only complain about the problems, and when I offer them the solution I found, they don't need to cry at me.
    I am suggesting about making a window useful, beyond a mere 3 stats showing.
    Every modern game to be respected is in constant strive at getting more user friendly and intuitive.

Even the hugely conservative WoW developers literally copied portions of some of the most famous player mods into their game when they revealed to greatly improve the usability of their software. CT_Raid, SCT, portions of Auctioneer, the "wardrobe preview", even a voice chat, have been taken off fandom mods and put in the game.

I don't see why an Horizons players has to feel like dumb for not installing a command that has been banned in the past (allows for heavy exploiting) and could be (should be) in the future and all of this still not solving the fact that our "target window" is so little about the target while providing for hardly used menus (i.e. to lock it in place).
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information