Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you like the low res Dragon models?

Default Do you like the low res Dragon models?

Neither do I.

Eonis in my guild came up with the idea for axing them, while kinda kludgy it works great. He however was having problems getting it to work right so I gave it a try. It's not in an installer or anything nice like that but http://home.earthlink.net/~parrot23/...eadhighres.zip will make sure your dragons always load high res. I think it's a bit more memory intensive, however as I'm using it on this piece of junk computer (1.6ghz 756m ram 128m geforce4 vid card) It should run decently anyways. And you will never see those ugly dragon models that look the reject from early 90's games

This has all 3 sizes of dragons modded, ancient adult and hatchling.

To Install you
    ...(delete any old ancient mod you have if applicable)
    ...unzip the folder inside
    ...place that folder inside your ..\horizons\resources_override\ folder and restart the game

2 Disclaimers:

1) You MUST remove the old ancient mod first before you put this in as it comes with a modded version of the old ancient model with the low res versions stripped out.
    2) If you dont want the old ancient models because they are too big... too bad not going to mod this with the new ancient models

Sorry that there is no fancy installer.. I'll let blue do that if he wants

Soraii

Default Re: Do you like the low res Dragon models?

Works great for the dragon models with the newer heads, but all the old ones show up as the same head model. I'm guessing since all the newer ones also had their own low res head models that all the old ones were all lumped together to use the same one. It's a nice idea, but personally I like to be able to tell if a dragon is fully loaded or not, and if they're using an old head that isn't the finned one, I can't tell. That means I might see a dragon as a fin-headed one and never realize they aren't. If only they weren't linked together. >.>

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Um what do you mean newer head? It's set currently to default to the fin head untill the system loads the correct one, it takes about as long as it did before to load the heads from the low res models. but you are not looking at something blocky

So innitially it will load the fin head for everyone then load their correct head, I could only work this the way the system works it, and where it would have loaded low res models first I had to take a "default" set from the hi-res that happened to be finhead.... though I think having peole stuck as a finhead is alot nicer then as block dragon

If you want default heads of a different style I can whip up a smaller zip to replace them one direction or the other

Soraii
    Last edited by Soraii; July 3rd, 2008 at 07:36 PM.

And.. erm.. I can set it to any of the heads to be the default "System doesnt know what kind of head you have" head, I personally have it set to 6-horns.. but thought the fins would be more general hehe *smiles*

Soraii

When I say newer heads I mean the heads that were added later on after release. When HZ came out it had maybe half as many available dragon heads. The finhead, crown of horns (or 6 horns, as you call it. :P), underbite, tyrannosaur, bulldog, and long-nosed two-horned ones are the originals. The ones after that are new, like the two spiral horns with frills one. The new ones are different in that they have their own low-res head models, whereas the old ones all default to the same low-res model. The newer heads all load correctly without even showing the finhead model, so unless my game just loaded abnormally fast (which would be unlikely as I tested it out in Chiconis where an old head and new head dragon are right next to each other) the newer heads will load the right model.

*looks at long-winded block o text*
    Long story short, this mod works wonderfully for dragons with the newer heads, but when I do things like take screenshots, I like to know definitively if the dragons look correct. If I don't know beforehand that the dragon isn't a finhead, then I may get an inaccurate screenie. I can't tell if the mod is active. It's a good mod, and I'm sure others will use it, it just isn't for me is all.

I love this mod. Was the first one to use it after it was tested and adore it. as for heads they load if you wait a minute (fast here moments if not near instant)

The overall results are great and i hated the low res models with a passion.

? if it's ok to ask . can there be some pice's of b4 and after ? soo i know what this is ? i am thinking it the bacs modes like if u get to fer away from a nother player and it show up in blockey from with the finhead typ. head ? that what i am thing but i wish to no for sure b4 i download this ? if that ok ??
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Yes indeed, that block type dragon is what I got rid of. I dont have any screenshots though... would have to disable the modd *chuckle*

Soraii

ahh kk thank you ^^
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Thumbs up Re: Do you like the low res Dragon models?

Haha! I have updated it, taken the flaw out of it where it defaulted to one head style, and made it much smaller. It was rather Kludgy before, but well give this a try, dragons will always load with their correct head style now and yes, it still includes the old ancient files, just dont need to include the other dragon files anymore as I figured out a bit more of the game mechanics

http://home.earthlink.net/~parrot23/...edhirezmod.zip

Old link is now dead!

Soraii - May dragons forever fly... in Hi Rez!

By the way, the install instructions are still valid, remove any old ancient files you have (or dont it doesnt matter anymore ) and move the two folders in the zip file into your resource_override folder. the folders are structured exactly as they are structured in the resources folder to make the files easy to find.

Awesome. It works perfectly now. Thanks you! ^^
    Though you may want to mention the modified hatchling animations. It took me a minute to figure out why my hatchie was running all funny. Some people probably like their bunny-hopping hatchlings. Not a big thing, just saying.
    Really though, this mod is basically a must for anyone who takes a gigabyte's worth of screenshots in three months like I do, as it erases the need to run up to every dragon in sight to load them.

Loving this mod! As soon I get in range to another dragon to see it, I see now the clean models instead of the paper dragon ones.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Ooops! forgot I had modded the hatchie file.. hehe.. fly animation is even enabled in it if you happen to switch adults to hatchies as posted in another thread.. but I guess I should strip that out I guess hehe... basically the hatchie now runs like a dragon instead of a puppy dog X_X

to get the hatchling animations back to normal, delete the .definitions\characters\dragonj_u\dragonj_u_char.d ef I will fix the zip by removing this file later. will also delete the dragon_u_char.def and dragona_U_char.def(moved the camera up a bit in the ancient one to make it on par with the original ancient models instead of the nerfed ancient models but you may not like the camera) the dragona_u_emote.def doesnt need to be deleted, I just fixed the nod emote so I dont go around nodding other people's heads

Soraii

Oh fixed it, no longer has the "extras" in it, same link though. http://home.earthlink.net/~parrot23/...edhirezmod.zip

Soraii

Quote Originally Posted by Soraii View Post
    the dragona_u_emote.def doesnt need to be deleted, I just fixed the nod emote so I dont go around nodding other people's heads
    Nice one. I will have to change this in the Emotes Pack too.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

i'd like to ues this but i dont know if it has the binding box fix ?? were u can clk next to your dragon with out tagering yourself ???

I never looked into a selecting mod, point me to the mod and I will add it for you.

Soraii

it's a binding box fix thing i dont know were it is . thow blue's true ancent size mode has it but i cant ues that and this one at the same time . if that what your asking ??

Ok let me look into it.

Soraii

Thread Information