Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Istaria: Plot Reclamation Lock Down‏

Default Re: Istaria: Plot Reclamation Lock Down‏

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    LO,
    Then I read something that was not there, and I apologise for my hasty words. I interpreted this:
    'So if your guild has things stored on a plot and you don't KNOW that someone has an active subscription, I suggest you get the things out of that storage, or you may lose them after July 11th.'
    unquote
    as meaning that inactive plots were considered unowned plots.
    Yes, if this position could be clarified it would reallly do a lot to put our minds at ease.

My understanding was some of my guilds' fully developed, but owned by inactive accounts, guild subplots are basically up for deletion. And if I do not know the login information I'm screwed because without it, or without reclaims, a player with an active sub cannot purchase it to at least reclaim novians, or pay for it to keep it from being wiped.

If (a guild subplot) is owned, even by an inactive account, keeps it from being redesigned/deleted/etc. please directly state this.

Perhaps this is nothing more than the right hand not knowing exactly what the left hand is planning to do.

Keep in mind, one of my original points is that we cannot reclaim structures on guild sub-plots if we don't have the account information. So assuming the account is inactive (may not actually be the case on all my guilds subplots), is there a process whereby the GM can obtain control of the plot, so that it can be novian'd and then sold to community, to enable it to be considered for the resizing process?

If these points can be addressed I will know how to proceed.
    Last edited by Guaran; July 7th, 2008 at 10:41 PM.

Aye in this case it would be best if reclaimation was to take place for guildcommunites *before* the lock down... then give guilds about 1 week to strip the novians and free up the plots for resizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adwene View Post
    Aye in this case it would be best if reclaimation was to take place for guildcommunites *before* the lock down... then give guilds about 1 week to strip the novians and free up the plots for resizing.
    We cannot without Virtruim assistance purchase our Guild Town subplots for purposes of obtaining the novians and selling the subplots to the community, these subplots are held by inactive subscriptions and are not available for guild purchase.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    One question:

Why July 25? It's exactly the time whole countries have work vacations (mine included).

Basically I worked like a slave to earn money to buy a decent plot and now I have no chance to even be here for the auctions.
    Wow, that stinks.

Best bet would be to have a proxy bidder while you're gone.

Everyone may be clamoring for specific lairs/plots at first.. but realistically there will be plenty for everyone. There is talk about building new teleporters in different communities, etc.

I think it's a pretty sure bet that everyone that can't be around for the initial mindless-screaming testosterone-filled insane rush for lairs and plots... will still have their pick of many worthwhile and interesting plots/lairs afterwards.

Don't forget, most people here already have lairs/plots. They're not going to be willing to destroy it all and move (unless they're gluttons for t1 mindless gathering) and most only have one account.. which means for them to even bid they'll have to give it all up for the CHANCE of bidding on a premium lair/plot.

Afterall.. I don't know about everyone else.. but when I walk around and look at some of these lairs/plots that have been sittin for awhile.. I can tell you I've never heard of about 90% of these people.

Barring a bunch of "special" situations and temporary pay-n-goers, I'm thinking we're going to have lots and lots and lots of open properties.

Which reminds me..

(plug) Mensar's Minions will be doing lairshaping work during reclamation for t1-3 work. Nothing pay as you go with other dragons though (since we gather much faster than any single dragon or duo even, it's worth hiring us specifically). Just contact anyone in the guild for more information or PM me on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Then you might want to sub the ticket again. Unless you have already used up your free return trial. I have read of a couple people getting the free trial accounts. But it may also be because of what your idea of emergency solution is. If you think it was for anything other then getting your stuff out of your plot into storage or to sale your whole built up plot to another player then you were incorrect.
    Nope. I haven't used my free trial account and my emergency solution was to log in, strip my lair off its chamber for the novians, then set it for sale. But I was told it was too late for that, which I find hard to believe. I know plot get locked on the 11th for resizing, but as far as I know, lair don't get resized. If they do, heck, It would sure be an incitative to return. But all was I told is pay 20$ and strip your lair...

I'll try to reopen another one. Maybe I just happened to hit a bad Tech Support Representative, like it happen 99% of the time when you call your internet or phone company.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Could we get a clarification from someone at VI. In releations to guild communities.
    Is it just necessary to have an active account "guildmaster" to keep your guild community?
    Or is there also a minimum amount of guild plots that need to be held?
    Also, if inactive account plots hold shops that the whole guild help build and we want to deconstruct them how can this be accomplished?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Strikes me that someone in authority could really do with getting into this thread, jotting down all the concerns, getting them answered by the relevant people, locking this thread, then posting a nice new one covering all these very real concerns.

I've just tried to read through this minefield and am completely lost, and many others seem to be do. There is a very real chance of a good chunk of the community being ostracised in one way or another, and while that may have been par for the course in Hz's rather dubious history, I was hoping things had improved greatly since then.

I look forward to you guys proving everyone right.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell View Post
    Could we get a clarification from someone at VI. In releations to guild communities.
    Is it just necessary to have an active account "guildmaster" to keep your guild community?
    Or is there also a minimum amount of guild plots that need to be held?
    Also, if inactive account plots hold shops that the whole guild help build and we want to deconstruct them how can this be accomplished?
    In the other thread about Guild communities, it was discussed:

1: Plot owner is the GM and is active (nothing done)

2: Plot owner is the GM and is inactive (Ownership defaults to a Co-GM, assuming he/she has an open plot slot, otherwise it goes to the next Co-GM until search is satisfied)

3: Plot owner is not the GM but is active (nothing done)

4: Plot owner is not the GM and is inactive (plot then reverts to GM / Co-GM / Co-GM until conditions are satisfied)

5: Plot owner is inactive, there are no GM / Co-GM to pass it to (probably goes up for sale... this is unknown)

This was the problem with my original guild. The GM left and passed the baton to me, but owned the key plot in Crucita. Since I could not sell any plots to anyone, nor set permissions on the key plot myself, I passed the baton to the only other active player in the guild and left. The GC is still owned by those members who haven't played in 3 years and will not be coming back, so I am to assume this community will go to the 'for sale' auction.
    Last edited by Justa Mirage; July 8th, 2008 at 02:16 PM.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

We understand that there are many concerns placed throughout this thread and I want to assure you they are not going unanswered. We have been working on web pages, emails, and FAQ's to answer many (and more) of the questions asked here and among the other threads. This collaboration takes a little time and many of these concerns have only just surfaced in the past day or two despite reclamation being announced for a long while.

You will shortly see answers to your questions, maybe not in one on one PM's and conversations, but all concerns will be addressed.

Also, as you may have noticed, I have sorted through this forum and removed posts that are completely off topic, regardless of content. We ask that posts be kept on topic and anything off topic be brought to private messages or other forums. This way there is no sorting through helpful posts and off topic posts for newcomers to this forum.

Thread Information