Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tropy hunter infos

Default Re: tropy hunter infos

its about regular Trophies ^^

Alright... I'm wanting my resource pages to be accurate, so need help with this one.

Originally, levels 1-5 players could get trophy quests in Kion or Sslanis for:
    -- 5 Wild Grulet Tusks
    -- 5 Forest or Jungle Crawler Hatchling Thoraxes
    -- 5 Small Sand Beetle Compound Eyes
    -- 5 Golem Hearts of Sandstone Pebbles

Today, I took a level 4 Dragon to Kion and to Sslanis, and the Trophy Hunters would not give ANY quests. Clicking on the blue 'trophy' link did absolutely nothing. After getting above level 5, then the links worked normally to give the set of level 5-9 trophy quests.

Usually, if doing training quests on New Trismus, a character will already exceed levels 5 in both Craft and Adventure. Have these low-level Trophy Quests in Kion/Sslanis been disabled then?

Or is it a bug that has already been posted, or needs to be???

Weston

p.s. Link to my resource page on the subject:

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/pilgrim/...ophyQuest.html
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

Default Re: trophy hunter infos

The trophy hunter in Kion has been broken for a while - he gives level 10-14 quests clear up to and beyond level 20... the last patch to Live was supposed to fix this, but it didn't, and it's still broken on Blight as well. The one in Sslanis is broken in the same manner.

As for your level 4 dragon not getting quests from them, I didn't think anyone under level 10 gets quests from those two. I'm surprised they give out 5-9 quests - never realized that I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    The trophy hunter in Kion has been broken for a while - he gives level 10-14 quests clear up to and beyond level 20... the last patch to Live was supposed to fix this, but it didn't, and it's still broken on Blight as well. The one in Sslanis is broken in the same manner.

As for your level 4 dragon not getting quests from them, I didn't think anyone under level 10 gets quests from those two. I'm surprised they give out 5-9 quests - never realized that I guess
    They are not "broken" Kerech. This is how they are intended to be.

When T1 was revamped, New Trismus was designed to be for levels 1 to 10. If someone partakes of all the quests available to them on New Trismus, they should easily reach level 10 without any need for trophies at all.

Trophies for levels 1 to 4 were actually removed completely during the revamp. Players of these levels have enough to learn about the basics of the game that also having to learn about trophies was just one too many things. There shouldn't even be tokens dropped by level 1 to 4 mobs (and I'm checking on that) because of that.

Starting around level 5, players are now on New Trismus, and will begin to see tokens. They can turn them in and learn about this method of gaining experience after they have a good foundation on how to play the game, how to play their chosen school, etc. It really isn't until level 10, when you move off the first two islands and on to Lesser Aradoth, that you start to need trophies as a means of speeding up leveling, however.

Lesser Aradoth was revamped to take players from level 10 to 20 through a variety of quests. It is here that we introduce trophy quests for real, for example. It is here that we introduce Militia quests as well, and the number of storyline based quests increases. School specific quests also become less frequent now because players should know how to play their new schools.

As the T2 revamp happens, expect that the T2 areas will continue this pattern where trophy "quests" become less important because content based quests (like the Militia quests, and storyline quests) are used in place of them.

And before someone brings up multi-schooling and the need for trophies to multi-school, there is no need for level 1 to 4 trophies even in this case. If you are taking multiple schools, even adding your second school is enough that you would be fighting level 5 or higher monsters in order to gain experience. For new players it is hard enough to learn the game and one school, and we really do not want to encourage them to take a second school until at least level 10, in fact, when they have really learned the game, become a part of the community, and are connected to Istaria for the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    There shouldn't even be tokens dropped by level 1 to 4 mobs (and I'm checking on that) because of that.
    Just want to remind you that one of the trophy drops for 1-4, Wild Grulet Tusks, is used in one of the tutorial quests for dragons on Skalkaar Island. So if it is removed from the loot table, new dragons will not be able to complete this quest.
    Inayah FrolicFall, Satyr Extraordinaire

Thank you for the reminder.

Maybe let the tutorial guroks drop a quest item instead of a thropy?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Actually, Velea they are broken. I have submitted tickets and there have been posts here in the past about it.

The Kion/Sslanis trophy hunters give quests for levels 10-14 with no problems. When you hit level 15, they start offering the next tier of quests (level 15-19), but the lower level ones are also still available. However, at around level 17, the level 15-19 quests are no longer offered, but the level 10-14 quests still are available.

Even past level 20 (when the trophy hunter should tell you to go to another town), the level 10-14 quests are available.

I know how they are supposed to work, and up until a few months ago, they worked as you describe. They are now broken however

*edit* this is on Blight, but I've heard it's the same on live shards

I'm not sure why you are getting them post level 20. I've just looked at the quests in the database, and they are set to stop at level 20 for the level 10 to 14 tasks.

Yes, at one point we'd extended how long you could turn in trophies from level 10 to 14 mobs to allow for some "overlap" because some schools simply can not solo a level 15 mob the moment you hit level 15. But how someone is getting a level 10 task at level 20 (or higher), I really can't tell, because things look fine to me in the database.

Edit: I can cut back so that they cap out like they used to, btw. That's a simple enough change to make.

I actually like the idea of extending the range a bit. Like you said, by the time you can solo a mob, you're out of the range to use the trophy, and that's not just at level 15; it happens all throughout a character's life.

Ok, so, that part isn't broken after all, but the fact that the level 15-19 quests stop being offered surely must be. I've tried with 4 different characters (all on Blight) and about the time they get 2/3 through level 17, those quests stop being offered, and if you have one active it becomes "disabled". I've tried with new characters, with only one class, thinking it might be a rating problem, and I've tried with multi-classed characters - every time they stop around the end of level 17 or just after dinging 18.

How many times have you done the specific task when it becomes unavailable?

Or are they ALL somehow becoming unavailable at level 17 somehow?

How many times have you done the specific task when it becomes unavailable?

Or are they ALL somehow becoming unavailable at level 17 somehow?
    All the level 15-19 quests are becoming unavailable at the same time, but I'm usually only doing the Giant Sand Beetle quest - I'd have to look and see how many times I've done that quest - maybe it's triggering some cap that is shutting the quests off for me?

I'm at work now, but I'll try to log in later and see what the count of completed quests is for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    All the level 15-19 quests are becoming unavailable at the same time, but I'm usually only doing the Giant Sand Beetle quest - I'd have to look and see how many times I've done that quest - maybe it's triggering some cap that is shutting the quests off for me?

I'm at work now, but I'll try to log in later and see what the count of completed quests is for that one.
    It's already been reported that the Giant Sand Beetle one becomes unavailable after 10 turn-ins. I am not sure if the other 15-19 tasks have been investigated yet. But for you all the quests disappear or just that one?

Edit: Here's the other thread: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18581
    Last edited by Mahja; August 26th, 2008 at 04:56 PM.

10 sounds about right - experience on Blight is doubled, so that would get me close to 18 before stopping.

But yes, all the quests in that level range stop, not just the Giant Sand Beetle eyes, even though it's the Sand Beetle eyes quest that I'm doing.

That sounds worse than on the live shard. I will have to check it out on blight.

Ok, I just checked in-game. Both the characters that are having the problem have done the Giant Sand Beetle collection quest *exactly* 10 times. And neither can get any level 15-19 collection quests.

They are not "broken" Kerech. This is how they are intended to be.

When T1 was revamped, New Trismus was designed to be for levels 1 to 10. If someone partakes of all the quests available to them on New Trismus, they should easily reach level 10 without any need for trophies at all.

Trophies for levels 1 to 4 were actually removed completely during the revamp. Players of these levels have enough to learn about the basics of the game that also having to learn about trophies was just one too many things. There shouldn't even be tokens dropped by level 1 to 4 mobs (and I'm checking on that) because of that.
    In point of fact, there are at least 4 that still drop. I just went and tested (@ given location) these:

> Small Sand Beetle Compound Eye (@ Kion)
    > Golem Heart of Sandstone Pebble (@ Parsinia)
    > Wild Grulet Tusks (@ New Trismus - and earlier training quest)
    > Tiny Grass Beetle Compound Eye (@ New Trismus)

All of these are level 1-4, may be accumulated, but not redeemed.

I didn't take the time to check, but at one point after the T1 revamp, there were available Forest and/or Jungle Crawler Hatchling Thoraxes dropped as trophies as well.

Weston
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

Update:

Went out this morning and confirmed there are at least 6 trophies dropped off lvls 1-4 mobs. Verified the two I'd mentioned earlier.

> Forest Crawler Hatching Thorax (@ NE of Parsinia)
    > Jungle Crawler Hatchling Thorax (@ Sslanis Jungle)

Interesting side note: The Forest Crawler Hatchling drops leg hairs that are used in 6 T1 techniques. The Jungle Crawler Hatchling drops leg hairs that are used in none.

Weston, the roving reporter.... ;p

Up to 7 now.

> Greymane Skulls (SE of Kion in forest)

I hope that's it. lol

Weston

And this makes 8.

> Giant Chicken Tail Feathers (NE of Sslanis - and I got a ton of these... )

You still taking notes Velea??

All of these Level 1-5 trophies may still be accumulated. I need a special case to display them on the wall of my Large Dwarven House, I think. ;p

Weston

Thread Information