Thread: Give dragons access to all biped spells.

Post Give dragons access to all biped spells.

Suggestion: Give dragons access to all biped spells.
    Why? I could be wrong in my interpretation of the lore but as far as I have understood the lore I see Primal Magic as the first magic.
    The all encompasing magic, like white light can be seperated by a prisma in all it's different colours. I think that Primal magic has been seperated by bipeds in it's different aspects.
    Primal Magic can do it all. Although dragons were the original practisioners of magic, bipeds became adept at it, and soon surpassed the skill of dragons.
    However if a dragon was properly introduced to the "Aspect" of the Primal Magic he/she uses, for instance augmentation. A dragon could become as adept as any biped trained in that aspect.
    To introduce this into Istaria would certainly boost the Caster aspect of a dragon a lot.
    Now to counter the complaints of biped players about how unfair this may seem as they have to level several schools to obtain the same as a dragon in his/her mere 100 levels I can propose two paths.

Proposal 1. Questing.
    It seems appropriate to me to have a biped expert (NPC) introduce a dragon to the specific magic field he/she wants to familiarize itself with.
    This NPC would need to give out a multitude of quests training the dragon in specific spells. These quests could also be limited in progression with time constraints.
    Like make sure that a dragon has had ample time (from 1 minute to up to a week Real Time) to familiarize themselves with the specific magic.
    In that way time would be a factor to slow the progression of a dragon caster become fully efficient as a biped.
    Indeed a biped would probably still have to do more to get to the same level, but given enough free time will probably get there faster to a dragon. Given enough time for the development team, many quest could be introduced to make any studied aspect as time consuming and difficult as a RoP or even ARoP.
    Proposal 2. Create 1 or more Dragon Caster classes
    We could make some dragon caster classes, which could only be levelled after completing RoP or ARoP.
    1 or more classes which allows a dragon to learn all, or in the case of multiple Dragon Caster Classes certain specific Magic aspects.
    They could all have specific quests and could require training under council of an expert biped, we could even integrate Proposal 1 into this.

I think proposal 1 could be introduced in a quick and dirty way (only a few basic quests which could be time consuming like slay 500 Flame Ogres or something). (Time consumption on par with leveling an extra school)
    Later on when the development team has more time, a refinement could be introduced (RPWise, the expert biped teachers have found a more meaningful, rewarding and simply better way to introduce dragons to the specific aspects of Primal Magic).

Salis

Default Re: Give dragons access to all biped spells.

Yes it dose but …
    Yes Primal is our birth right and it is the source of magic, however the bipeds have learned how to manipulate certain forces of Nature. Thus the current set up .

If Vi would acknowledge the Uniqueness of the dragon class and give us Elemental or other schools after we reach lv 100 adv and drac and begin more adv classes in essence start over. your suggestion might be workable with draconic versions of each spells. but keep in mind this is Massive work and not Likely to happen with the blighted Labyrinth, and the summer event, and Vista ,and whatever they got cooking .

Elemental (Which I heavily support and I know sadly will not happen in the near future if at all )

Other classes are

Cristal dragon s but this is a Minor part of dragon lore but would fit somewhat ( take a look around at all the crystals in Istaria

Metallic : this makes up a fair part of lore and could possibly fit Istria’s lore cause metal is refined by fire and in essence came from fire

Spiritualist /healer dragon I can see healian 2nd class

Reith / shadow dragons I can see Lunus 2nd class

Any way to make it fit the lore better dragons would need to have access to more classes to make this suggestion more compatible with the current lore

PLEAS DO NOT COMPARE the other types of schools to d&d honestly i don't know thing 1 of d&d this post is in no way means form or how related to any thing of that

Quote Originally Posted by Salis View Post
    Suggestion: Give dragons access to all biped spells.
    Why? I could be wrong in my interpretation of the lore but as far as I have understood the lore I see Primal Magic as the first magic.
    The all encompasing magic, like white light can be seperated by a prisma in all it's different colours. I think that Primal magic has been seperated by bipeds in it's different aspects.
    Primal Magic can do it all. Although dragons were the original practisioners of magic, bipeds became adept at it, and soon surpassed the skill of dragons.
    However if a dragon was properly introduced to the "Aspect" of the Primal Magic he/she uses, for instance augmentation. A dragon could become as adept as any biped trained in that aspect.
    To introduce this into Istaria would certainly boost the Caster aspect of a dragon a lot.
    Now to counter the complaints of biped players about how unfair this may seem as they have to level several schools to obtain the same as a dragon in his/her mere 100 levels I can propose two paths.

Proposal 1. Questing.
    It seems appropriate to me to have a biped expert (NPC) introduce a dragon to the specific magic field he/she wants to familiarize itself with.

Salis
    i would rather bite my shine Mirthril tail than to have a biped teach me a decedent from the first forms of life on this rock how to use something i can breath or cast primal virshions of for my self
    Last edited by lightning claw; July 8th, 2008 at 09:55 PM.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

There would be pretty much no chance of them being "Helian" or "Lunus" second classes since it is gradually being reinforced, hopefully more in the future, that Helian and Lunus are just factions of opinion and thought, not of battle style or way of life, and will hopefully not be very different.

I can't say I support dragons using all spells in the game at all. Having their own elemental spells, perhaps, but I suppose my understanding if Istarian dragons is different, led to believe by the description of Drulkar's creation of them:

Dragons do not simply use Primal, but are Primal, in some deep fashion because they were created as flame, Prime, and metal. They use Primal magic because it is a part of what they are. The other derivations of magic, however, have been depurified and separated, pulled apart. They come from the same source, but their effect is vastly different--like water is formed from hydrogen and oxygen combined, but once taken apart they act nothing like water would have. Thus the elemental magics are simply not a part of what a dragon is. It's a derivation from what a dragon is, but it is something wholly different. It would be a dragon pulling itself apart to get at one strand instead of using the whole tapestry as it was intended.

I could see a possible exception for Fire magics, as Fire is mentioned as part of Drulkar's creation of dragons. But I imagine that elemental Fire, like a dragon's breath, and arcane Fire, as a biped would use, are two different ways of achieving the same result, not the same thing.

I do think dragons should have a far wider variety of spells than they do. They are Primal creatures, after all, and should be very in touch with what they are made of. But I don't think the solution is just giving them spells that would be like picking apart their basic nature.
    Tchanel Rulskyl, Ancient of Order.
    Currently unable to return due to being poor.

I think dragons should most definitely have a larger number of spells to choose from. There's no way that primal magic could be so limited in its usefulness. Plus, raw primal energies that dragons use should be more powerful, in my opinion, just by their very nature. I don't know how a dragon spellcaster stands up against a dragon melee or a biped spellcaster, but I'd be willing to bet they need a little bit o' love.
    <----clicky!

I say NO to this.

First, as Lightning said, there are more important things to do atm.
    Second, if new spells, then it should be dragon spells- not those bipeds already use.
    It could come by lore, eg: a long, difficult quest to rediscover old , lost dragon knowledge.

(hell- our ancestors must have known something better against this !"§$% stunns and mezzes^^)

I agree with Lov.
    Also people need to think more about game balance and less about lore. Dagons need better spells indeed, but not all biped ones. New primal spells are fine.

I vote no.

The lore reason we dragons have such weak magic is our empire is on the decline and much of what we knew is lost.

I gota go with death an lov with this one. Dragons are on the decline somewhat but maybe upgrade the primal spells a bit??
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Why should the dragons use such phatetic biped spells instead of our powerful primal ones? : P

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Exactly.

Now, let's go get some powerful primal ones. I wonder if there's a spell that could do the exact opposite of Primal Rebirth... 1-hit KO, and you gain 5000 hoard.
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    Exactly.

Now, let's go get some powerful primal ones. I wonder if there's a spell that could do the exact opposite of Primal Rebirth... 1-hit KO, and you gain 5000 hoard.
    I can hear the peds screaming already

Thread Information