Thread: Small Plot Aquisition Discussion

Default Small Plot Aquisition Discussion

Thread for discussing this announcement:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...d.php?p=192260

Default Re: Small Plot Aquisition Discussion

So basically what you are saying is:

Plots lower than the 1600 requirement that do not have owners (inactive accounts) will be temporarily put up for sale so that the structures they hold can be razed and converted to novians (if that is the desire of the new owner) and the new owner can either keep the plot or sell it back to the community... otherwise they will be cleared off, wiped, and resized if possible (condemned) by the game system.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

The doc about the reclaimation policy is perfect, but this one has a dubious point:

As owner of an exactly 40 x 40 plot I read:

Answer: The goal is to remove plots which are below 1600 sq. m. from the world.
    Below in my limited English dictionary means that my plot would be out of the stated conditions.

But 2 sentences later: "Plots which are 1601 sq. m. and larger will be evaluated to see if we can increase the size as well, but do not expect that a plot that is already above 1601 sq. m. will be resized", which hints at 40 x 40 to be IN the stated conditions.

So, is exactly 40 x 40 IN or OUT of the process?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Ok, here's the deal with this exactness of size once and for all...

We aren't going to be so picky as to say if a 40 by 40 is in or out of the process. If anyone looks REALLY closely at plot sizes, you'll see that the actual number of plots that are EXACTLY any number are few and far between.

Stop nitpicking with numbers, in other words. We've run down this road NUMEROUS times on these forums, and it's a waste of time to run down it again.

Once and for all, when we lock out plots from being resold, the EXACT threshold number is 1600 sq. m. for the purpose of the code. That is the ONLY specific number that is being given out at this time.

There are *a lot* of 40x40 plots in the world, so using 1600 as the target number will include those it seems.
    Barrak Stonebreaker - dwarf Knight of Creation
    Cerul - dragon hatchling
    Blight Server

There seems to be some confusion going on regarding reclaims.

Just heard in market that reclaims (all) are the 15th and auctions starting on the 25th of this month.

From the post on the acquisitions, it seems as though ONLY plots 1600m2 and smaller will be reclaimed on the 15th, those will go up for sale so players can recover novians and then those will be condemned, resized or removed if unowned.

I did not see anything anywhere that specifically states when the plots larger than 1600m2 and lairs will be reclaimed, or a specific date when auctions will commence.

Could this be clarified please?

Thank you.

Creme, on the 15th they will unlock the <1600sqm plots for purchase, including the dead account ones. No auction needed for these. just go buy a tiny plot, remove the novians, and be done with it...

I am thinking this solution is for the guild plots so the guild can recover the buildings from dead accounts before the auctions start and so that they can resize more plots.

Nothing >1600 is being sold or auctioned on the 15th.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thanks Justa,

That's what I got from the post; however that does not seem to be a consensus so there seem to be some confusion over all the dates mentioned both in this latest post and previous ones.

I also wanted to add that this would basically be giving tacit approval to novian farmers.

Well, I guess if the plots would be razed or removed anyway, someone recovering novians wouldn't be taking anything from the environs.

You are correct in your concerns Creme. However, there was really no fair way to say "only guilds can remove novians from smaller plots because some of them built the plots collectively", while many non-guild communities joined together in building up important plots there as well.

This is also our solution to issues in non-guild communities. Some players believe that a certain plot location (even the small ones) can be strategic or contain structures that the entire community uses and would not like to see it go.

Where are some of this small plots located, i am interested possibly buying one

on the login page we have a list of available plots, as well as lists of plots that are being reclaimed, and other list-like information. You can browse around those to see if anything is available that catches your eye

Quote Originally Posted by jeff281 View Post
    Where are some of this small plots located, i am interested possibly buying one
    They are almost everywhere

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Amarie,

Forgot to say, but thank you for getting the plot lists on the login site amended to show the plot sizes. That is a big help to prospective bidders.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information