Thread: Plot Resizing Discussion Thread

Default Plot Resizing Discussion Thread

Thread for discussing the new plot resizing doc:
    http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dfg4sqpw_3dbpzbdf5

Default Re: Plot Resizing Discussion Thread

In the FAQ, last item it is stated:

If plots in my community are inactive and going to get resized, can I (guild master) deconstruct everything and get the Novians?

- Answer: You must be the owner of the plot in order to deconstruct and get novians. This has not changed. You will need to have at least two active subscriptions, one to hold the Master Plot and one to buy the sub-plot, in order to do this.

end quote

Up to now such "inactive" guild subplots (if inactive means owned by a player who has departed and the subplot thus has an associated player name but no supporting active subscription) are not marked available for sale to guild members. When will they be marked as available to guildmembers so that they can be novianed?

If on the other hand "inactive" guild subplots means those owned by community (guild town) and having structures thereon, these would be unusual indeed as subplots sold back to community have structures deleted in the process.

May we please have clarification as to definition of "inactive" guild town subplots? May we also know when those "inactive" having structures will be made available for purchase by guildmembers having an open plot slot?

Thank you,

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; July 12th, 2008 at 12:06 AM.

in another thread they say that affected plots will be set for sale on july 15 prior to the resizing on july 22. for guild communities, this will allow the guild to get the novians off the small plots if they have someone who can (legitimately) buy the plots to decon the structures.

as i understand it, larger guild subplots unaffected by the resizing will simply be set for sale to the guild when the true reclaims happen. i may be wrong, but i think the guild would then be able to recover the novians off those plots.

My only question dealing with Plot resizing deals mostly with guild master plots. In my opinion the guild master plot should have the most sq/m of space on them. If this is to be the case, many guild master plots would have to be resized themselves to keep in accordance with what layouts have been in the past. Barring having to actually sell the master plot back to the community for this to occur, would it be feasable to say, Guild A owned the master plot in X guild community, if you sell it back to the community on Such and Such day, you can purchase the master plot back on this subsequent day. And have the community put the plot up for exclusive sale to the original master plot owner.

Perhaps that is all a bit piled up in one shot, but maybe some of y'all will understand what I said.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

In respect to Awdz comments above am digesting other thread to see if my concerns in this thread have indeed been addressed.

Knossos

I have seen in the first round of resizing done some time ago where an owned guild master plot was resized with the community. The Guild master did not have to sell his plot and the structures stayed the same. There were some issues with the resizing, like ghost structures invading the plot, but resizing a guild master plot won't be an issue, more or less.

Karya

Quote Originally Posted by Karya View Post
    I have seen in the first round of resizing done some time ago where an owned guild master plot was resized with the community. The Guild master did not have to sell his plot and the structures stayed the same. There were some issues with the resizing, like ghost structures invading the plot, but resizing a guild master plot won't be an issue, more or less.

Karya
    I'm sure this also has to do with the original placement of the plot, as in the origin point. I have read elsewhere that if the origin has to be moved, then the plot is deleted and recreated. This is the situation I am referring too... if the Master plot origin point has to be moved to allow enlargement, and that plot is currently owned by a guild, is it going to be left alone, or is there, perhaps, a way that the plot owner can regain the master plot after "recreation." I'm sure though, that this case would be a rare instance.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

I can tell you that we'll only be resizing owned plots if it is really, really easy to do so. And right now the priority is on removing plots that are below "threshold level", which means that the Master Plots in any guild community really aren't being looked at unless the designer happens to say "Oh, you know, this plot is 60 by 60 right now, and I could make it 80 by 80 pretty easily".

And we also are not going to make any guarantee that if you sell your plot back to the community, regardless of where it is, in hopes of having it resized, that you'll get it back later. It's just unrealistic to expect given how time consuming the process already is and adds needless complication to it. Even a "rare instance" can take hours of time to work out, and there really is no such thing.

I hope you understand, for now our priority is on meeting the goals we've already set.

Awdz post is correct Knossos. Small plots will be reclaimed on the 15th and put up for sale for 1 week to allow players to purchase either with the intent to deconstruct (like a lot of guild communities have mentioned) or to keep due to its strategic placement.

You can view the announcement here
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18945

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    Awdz post is correct Knossos. Small plots will be reclaimed on the 15th and put up for sale for 1 week to allow players to purchase either with the intent to deconstruct (like a lot of guild communities have mentioned) or to keep due to its strategic placement.

You can view the announcement here
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18945
    Excellent!

Thanks for listening to our concerns and giving us a chance to do what we can in time to make it easier for you to do the resizing work.

Only plots that are community owned are up for possible deletion correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Only plots that are community owned are up for possible deletion correct?
    Correct, we will NOT delete a plot that any player owns. And in some instances we will only delete a plot if it is unowned across the board (meaning all 3 shards).

Keep in mind also that "community owned" is checked AFTER the reclaim, not before. So a too-small plot that is owned by a player not paying any more may be deleted after the reclaim has happened, before the possibly-resized plots are opened for auction. That is my understanding anyway.

That would also be the reason for the 1 week small-plot purchase program: to allow someone to "save" an important small plot from possible destruction, or to novian it so that the important buildings can be rebuilt after the auction.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    Keep in mind also that "community owned" is checked AFTER the reclaim, not before. So a too-small plot that is owned by a player not paying any more may be deleted after the reclaim has happened, before the possibly-resized plots are opened for auction. That is my understanding anyway.

That would also be the reason for the 1 week small-plot purchase program: to allow someone to "save" an important small plot from possible destruction, or to novian it so that the important buildings can be rebuilt after the auction.

Yes, thats what I was hoping to have clarified. There are 2 small (under the 40x40 size) guild subplots that are currently reclaimed and available for purchase in my guilds' guild community that I have not yet deconstructed because they look nice, and because they have room to be expanded without requiring the original structures to be removed. They are not "community owned" however they are not associated with paying subscriptions. Are guild community plots in this condition actually "up for deletion" if needed for plot expansion? (I know these 2 don't need to be deleted to be expanded)

One thing to help with knowing to handle the subplots, would possibly be a "Resizing Preview" on blight perhaps? i.e. the Designers changes are viewable there before they go live. Is that how the changes will be rolled out?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Yes, thats what I was hoping to have clarified. There are 2 small (under the 40x40 size) guild subplots that are currently reclaimed and available for purchase in my guilds' guild community that I have not yet deconstructed because they look nice, and because they have room to be expanded without requiring the original structures to be removed.
    You could always buy those 2 subplots if you want them and their contents preserved and then they will be safe from deletion/expansion/merging.

Otherwise, decon them for the novians and rebuild after you see which plots are the best for it.

80% novians = better than 0%.

I'm personally more in favor of razing everything that's of the applicable size and gaining hopefully more overall square meterage with what's left afterwards.

Oftentimes getting an extra x meters means the owner would want to relayout the plot(s) anyway.

Thread Information