Thread: The Trade window bug (revisited)

Default The Trade window bug (revisited)

I am going to make an attempt at reproducing this, but I usually never get CTD doing trades with players, until last Friday, so I figured (no debug log, but I may create one if I can reproduce this)...

I selected several food and garnish items and traded them to another player, but I exceeded the items the trade window would allow. The trade was successful.

I then grabbed one of the remaining items that didn't trade. The left over items were still selected as a group, so I dragged them over to the trade window, but noticed the items I already traded were empty icon ghostly squares.

When I dropped them into the trade window and hit the trade accept button, the game crashed me to the desktop.

I hope this helps if you are still interested in troubleshooting this problem.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default Re: The Trade window bug (revisited)

Not to shift emphasis from this topic, but there is another trade window bug. I am not sure what causes it, but you can get stuck in trade with a specific NPC/player and any person you try to trade with after that winds up calling up a trade window to the NPC/player you previously traded.

There is a workaround, which is to right click and then select trade, but if you click on the player and use the trade icon in the action bar (when it's buggy), you'll wind up engaging in a trade with the previous character.

I'm not sure why the "act" of trading would differ based on using the shortcut menu versus the action bar

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Not to shift emphasis from this topic, but there is another trade window bug. I am not sure what causes it, but you can get stuck in trade with a specific NPC/player and any person you try to trade with after that winds up calling up a trade window to the NPC/player you previously traded.

There is a workaround, which is to right click and then select trade, but if you click on the player and use the trade icon in the action bar (when it's buggy), you'll wind up engaging in a trade with the previous character.

I'm not sure why the "act" of trading would differ based on using the shortcut menu versus the action bar
    So... why are you trying to shift the emphasis on this topic?

I posted a re-request to study the CTD bug associated with the trade window which has existed for a long long long time. It has nothing to do with being stuck trading to one person all the time.

Devs: I will try to recreate the same situation I was in when it happened and see if I can get some debug logs in case it is repeatable.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Grouping issues with the same type of event to not create a 2nd thread on trade windows.

Your post brought to mind something that happened to me this weekend.

If it's a bother, PM a mod to have the thread separated.

Thread Information